Transfer Deadline Day: 1st September 2022, 11pm (UK time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colombianmancunian

I really thought United would get Memphis.

He’s not wanted at Barca and United could do with a top class free transfer for depth

Although if Barca release him, can United still sign him for free outside the window?
We have to get rid of deadwood, instead of buying more. Depay is just not good enough, slow, lacks end product and already failed on EPL.

OpenIntrovert

It was clear Ronaldo was staying until at least January and no more signings other than finalising the Dubravka loan deal. All was confirmed in Erik Ten Hag in pre match Leicester press conference,

I know its not easy to adjust but he's one manager who clearly doesn't speculate or play mind games with the media. Straight talker with a zero nonsense approach.
Ronaldo's plan was to stay till the end of this season and see if he wants to move to Sporting or take up another year depending on how we perform. What happened in the summer was that he was looking for possible solutions to move to another country due to his sudden family situation. That's why he asked Mendes to do a simple inquiry to see who would be interested to take him in, in case the family situation worsened. Looks like the situation was managed.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Has to have been one of the most underwhelming deadline days from a neutral perspective.

dinostar77

Hard to say. Looked immense at Barca for a season, then flaked away into nothing. Lots of rumours about a poor work ethic, partying too much. Went to Juve and has done feck all, to the point where they are happy to let him leave on loan. Every time I’ve seen him play, he looks super press resistant, but does absolutely nothing progressive with the ball.

Klopp is the king of getting players to perform and work hard, and if he can pull that magic with Arthur, he could be a heck of a player for them. The fact there is no buy option in the loan, kind of tells you how confident they are in his signing though. They didn’t even insert the possibility. Seems like short term, emergency cover, like Kabak.

In short, this one could go either way. He doesn’t seem a very Liverpool player, because you expect their midfielders to be high octane runners, and that’s not him. But I said that about Thiago, and tbf after a rocky start, he now looks class. I think Arthur will be his understudy.
If klopp can get him back to his gremio form. He'll have a excellent player.

R'hllor

I see Fulham learned feck all from past seasons in PL, Kurzawa, Willian, Dan James, they just shake a boat for sake of it imo

Alemar

Not the worst of deadline days in terms of outgoings: Garner and Chong sold permanently on heavily add on - loaded deals with sell on clauses, and two more loans for Fish and Galbraith concluded.

it’s a shame none of our goalkeepers got a loan - we now have Kovar, Bishop, Vitek and God knows how many more youngster goalies all in academy

Ricardo de la Vega

So apparently its true they had agreed terms with De Jong. Which means the only reason he didn't come was because Barca wouldn't pay him the money owed, even if we were compensating them to allow them to do so. Scummers. Why the hell would he want to stay there with the attitude he took to them? I dont even want him anymore as a result, he's obviously not got that dawg in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.