Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmRssll555

With Blind and his agent with no sort of contact from LvG and reports that De Jong isn't happening, who will we sign? We need a central midfielder.
Just like each of our other deals this summer so far, it seems that the journalists really don't know much at all until the deal is all but closed.

I would suggest that things will continue in this manner under van Gaal's management.

Devil may care

I still don't quite understand why people think Strootman in January is such a certain thing. It's almost like they expect him to come to United.
Whats to say he's even interested in a move to the Premier League? Whats to say Roma actually want to sell him? They'd be mid way through their season, may or may not still be in the Champions League, may or may not be involved in a title chase... theres no guarantee what so ever that Strootman would want to come to United. I think we probably know that, so i'd imagine in the next few days we go all out looking for a good CM. I still think whoever we get, we'll make a bid for Strootman sometime in the future, but i don't think January is nailed on as people are trying to make out.
It's well known van Gaal is a big admirer of Strootman and I can definitely see him being a target next summer, but there is no certainty that he'd want to leave Rome as we don't know his family situation, but all of that aside Roma will fully expect to be in the race for Serie A this season so I can't see them selling a vital player in January no matter what.

Sb_16

I still don't understand, we have reservations about Vidal's knee but we're keen on going big on Strootman in January.
The difference being Vidal was rushed back way too soon.

Clas Sified

The difference being Vidal was rushed back way too soon.
That really shouldn't change a thing though. Strootman's injury is still much more serious than Vidal's is it not? Even if Vidal was rushed back, the severity of Strootman's injury should mean it balances out a bit more.

It also looks like the price would be similar as well due to Roma being hard negotiators.

GBBQ

It's well known van Gaal is a big admirer of Strootman and I can definitely see him being a target next summer, but there is no certainty that he'd want to leave Rome as we don't know his family situation, but all of that aside Roma will fully expect to be in the race for Serie A this season so I can't see them selling a vital player in January no matter what.
Well if Roma are in the title race in January they will have done so without Strootman for the majority of the season up to that point so they might be open to an offer in order to use the money to bolster the squad elsewhere if needed. Also I would imagine that LVG knows whether or not Strootman would move or could easily find out given that he managed him at international level and thought a lot of him.

Hal9000

Why would we block Van Gaal for a player he wants (De Jong) unless we are seriously against signing a former city player.

izec

With Blind and his agent with no sort of contact from LvG and reports that De Jong isn't happening, who will we sign? We need a central midfielder.
doesnt mean anything what his agent says. Herrera's agent did say something similar (no contact from clubs, happy at Athletic and focussing on CL), a week later he was at United.

FromTheBench

Why would we block Van Gaal for a player he wants (De Jong) unless we are seriously against signing a former city player.
I don't think that's what he meant. He meant current club status is that but if Van Gaal wants him after not getting Vidal then it will change.

golazo

Melbourne, AU - Constantly F5'ing the Vidal thread
That really shouldn't change a thing though. Strootman's injury is still much more serious than Vidal's is it not? Even if Vidal was rushed back, the severity of Strootman's injury should mean it balances out a bit more.

It also looks like the price would be similar as well due to Roma being hard negotiators.
Yeah it doesn't make any sense at all. Strootman will have been out for about 1 year by the time he gets back to playing. Has Vidal even missed a competitive match due to his injury?

gulli_G

I'm really confident that we will get Vidal, with Hernandez going the other way. There was too much smoke for nothing to be in this.

YzWayne

I'm really confident that we will get Vidal, with Hernandez going the other way. There was too much smoke for nothing to be in this.
There is so much smoke over the past couple of months for Vidal and I don't see a fecking light. Just darkness! :(

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Referencing Paul Hirst who works for the Press Association so presumably directly from the club.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
From BBC radio. He then retweeted why we haven't bid for Vidal (Juve not negotiating).

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
From BBC radio. He then retweeted why we haven't bid for Vidal (Juve not negotiating).
To be fair, it would be quite exciting us signing two players no one really expects. I trust Van Gaal whoever he signs, so whether it's a random German player called Otter Waghorn, or a Irish wonderkid called Reggie O'Hooooolananan.

Vidal would of course be the muppet dream, but I must say I always prefer the "Wow shit, where did that come from?" type of signing.

GBBQ

To be fair, it would be quite exciting us signing two players no one really expects. I trust Van Gaal whoever he signs, so whether it's a random German player called Otter Waghorn, or a Irish wonderkid called Reggie O'Hooooolananan.

Vidal would of course be the muppet dream, but I must say I always prefer the "Wow shit, where did that come from?" type of signing.
Likewise, given how much we've spunked on Di Maria I am willing to believe that United not getting Vidal would be down to concerns over his fitness or Juve being completely unwilling to sell rather than a failure on United's part to negotiate or under value the player. It will keep the window interesting to see who is brought in.

Anderson18

It should be fifteen million or no deal, we've been too nice in selling off our players for too long.
That's why I think we should sell him to S'oton. They can bid much more than Juve and were apparently interested. Hate Juve and their low balling bullshit.

Chicharito - 15m
Anderson - loan (atleast a bit of his wages are covered then)
Zaha - 5-7m
Fellaini can't be sold because of his injury.
Kagawa - 12m
Cleverley - 8m

That's what I think should happen. Sadly I don't think that's possible.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I wonder. Are there any financial/tax issues with using a player plus cash deal? It seems to happen so rarely. I imagine the agent of the player being bought would get less of a fee if his comission is done by percentage (probably isnt). Other than that I cant think of any issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.