Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tippex

I wonder. Are there any financial/tax issues with using a player plus cash deal? It seems to happen so rarely. I imagine the agent of the player being bought would get less of a fee if his comission is done by percentage (probably isnt). Other than that I cant think of any issues...
they would structure it in a way that we would pay say €60m for vidal and they pay us €15m for hernandez (essentially being €45m + hernandez for vidal)

Sb_16

That really shouldn't change a thing though. Strootman's injury is still much more serious than Vidal's is it not? Even if Vidal was rushed back, the severity of Strootman's injury should mean it balances out a bit more.

It also looks like the price would be similar as well due to Roma being hard negotiators.
Ofc ACL tear is more serious than meniscus tear. Depending upon the degree of tear, Vidal should have been sidelined for 4-8 weeks. He went into surgery on May 7 and was back on June 13 for Chile. That's like 4 weeks layoff excluding the world cup preparation training. From outside if looks like he was clearly rushed without following the normal rehabilitative protocol.

I can understand if we have some concern over his long-term fitness. But it depends on various factors such as the degree of tear, location of the injury, surgical procedure and his own recovery capability too.

Vidal shouldn't have gone to Brazil. The early return to competitive match could result in a chronic problem due to incomplete recovery. Whereas, Strootman will undergo the protocol and gradually return to full fitness. Till then we'll have a minimum 2 month window to assess his recovery.

Personally I prefer Vidal. I hope we get him and hope he has many injury free years with us.

Mister Ed

Oh man how I'd like United to go for Gustavo from Wolfsburg, exactly the player we need.

FromTheBench

IMO Gustavo is way better. Was immense in the WC for Brazil playing as a holding midfielder.
So was De Jong for Netherlands when he wasn't injured. Gustavo for me is marginally better but would cost a lot more. De Jong has actually improved since leaving City as well.

Van Gaal has worked with both players so he would know them pretty well anyway if he wants that type of pure DM destroyer.

stevoc

If we sell this kid to Real we should insist on one of those buy back clauses in the contract that Real themselves seem to love. So if hes any good for them we can buy him back at our leisure.

NK86

How about they get Varela and we take Varane of their hands ? :wenger:
Sounds like an absolutely fair deal to me. Plus Varela might sell more shirts since he is South American anyway. Something which Perez would love :p

Nitsche

Wolfsburg have a lot of cash these days, so aren't under any pressure to sell... Surely if there was a 'lowish' buy-out, someone would've activated it by now?

GBBQ

If we sell this kid to Real we should insist on one of those buy back clauses in the contract that Real themselves seem to love. So if hes any good for them we can buy him back at our leisure.
Buy back wouldn't guarantee he'd move back, its only an agree price. If we sell him now I doubt he'll be bothered returning here.

Silverman

If Varela is wanted by Real then he is doing something right. I say LVG should give him a few games if we swap to a back four to ward off any big clubs.

ottosec

If Varela is wanted by Real then he is doing something right. I say LVG should give him a few games if we swap to a back four to ward off any big clubs.
Can't be worse than Valencia. Is he in teh squad for tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.