Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Balanta the FM legend? Is he any good in real life?
Wondering the same. He was in the Colombian squad for the World Cup but don't think he played any minutes.

Barcelona gave up signing him early on in the summer.

Santos J

Balanta the FM legend? Is he any good in real life?
Aye he is, was incredible when he first came into River Plate's side. He's physically a beast & played in midfield a bit so he's good on the ball too, only problem is he's a bit rash/hot-headed but it's nothing that he won't improve in time. Great in the air aswell even though he's on the short side for CB's. Will be a great signing for whoever he ends up at.

stevoc

Buy back wouldn't guarantee he'd move back, its only an agree price. If we sell him now I doubt he'll be bothered returning here.
Maybe he would like to return, maybe he wouldn't who knows. Though i imagine in this scenario any doubts about returning to United could be dispersed if we offer him enough money. As it seems to work with most players.

GBBQ

Maybe he would like to return, maybe he wouldn't who knows. Though i imagine in this scenario any doubts about returning to United could be dispersed if we offer him enough money. As it seems to work with most players.
Would this bag of cash change your mind?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wondering the same. He was in the Colombian squad for the World Cup but don't think he played any minutes.

Barcelona gave up signing him early on in the summer.
He played the last group game, but didn't exactly set the world alight. Think it was against Greece though if I remember correctly, so it was probably hard look impressive against them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He played the last group game, but didn't exactly set the world alight. Think it was against Greece though if I remember correctly, so it was probably hard look impressive against them.
Last game was against Japan which was a dead rubber for Colombia. I missed that game and watched the Greece v Ivory Coast game instead.

Adam-Utd

Last game was against Japan which was a dead rubber for Colombia. I missed that game and watched the Greece v Ivory Coast game instead.
Yeah that was it then, I can remember he definitely played. Looked physically good but a little headless/panicky. Then again from 1 game you can't exactly tell much.

RedBistro

I would raise hell if Mata was edged out of our team. The two CAN be accomodated to the teams benefit.
I think it is just a bit of sensationalism from the Indy there to be honest. I can see room for Di Maria, Mata, RVP and Rooney, it's Januzaj I worry about. But I think he'll get plenty of game time through any injuries to those 4.

PlayerOne

No idea, I didn't notice until after I posted it, that is was behind a paywall.

@Damien usually gives a summary from these unless I'm mistaken?

Pweetty Pwease!
It's just an opinion piece, says that we still lack a defensive midfielder and he compared Di Maria's transfer to Robinho! But he wrote another article about transfers rumours and he said:

- Van Gaal eager to bring in another midfielder and central defender.
- United are weighing up moves for Daley Blind and De Jong.
- United’s stance appears to have softened on Vidal and are now interested.
- Strootman remains LVG's preferred choice but United will wait to see how he recovers from his injury.

MDFC Manager

I think it is just a bit of sensationalism from the Indy there to be honest. I can see room for Di Maria, Mata, RVP and Rooney, it's Januzaj I worry about. But I think he'll get plenty of game time through any injuries to those 4.
The good thing about Januzaj is that the lad is really capable of doing well in any of the positions that the other names occupy. And as LvG showed on Sunday, he's more than happy to give him different roles as the need may be.

Infra-red

I don't think so, but might be worth a read.
Selling or even marginalising him would certainly be a huge disappointment. I see no reason why he wouldn't show the form he did at Chelsea in 2012-13 with some pace being added in and around him. Certainly far too early to be making snap judgements about players of his obvious calibre.

RedBistro

Who is quoting who here? Was it Ogden who said this first?
Think it is simply an Ogden article.

It's just an opinion piece, says that we still lack a defensive midfielder and he compared Di Maria's transfer to Robinho! But he wrote another article about transfers rumours and he said:

- Van Gaal eager to bring in another midfielder and central defender.
- United are weighing up moves for Daley Blind and De Jong.
- United’s stance appears to have softened on Vidal and are now interested.
- Strootman remains LVG's preferred choice but United will wait to see how he recovers from his injury.
Thank you for the summary!

The good thing about Januzaj is that the lad is really capable of doing well in any of the positions that the other names occupy. And as LvG showed on Sunday, he's more than happy to give him different roles as the need may be.
Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens anyway. I'm not a fan of journos doing articles like that when we're yet to see where Di Maria will even play, and what formation etc. we'll be using.

Stretch

Nice article.

The biggest issue is that people think that when journo X says he's heard player Y is off to club Z but the deal doesn't happen or the player ends up at club A then it MUST be that the journo was bullshitting and that 'he knows feck all' etc. Transfers fall through for a plethora of reasons and that means that the journo might not necessarily have lied and might have acted on genuine info which he checked from a source he trusts. I see this behaviour on the caf quite frequently.

RedBistro

Guilliem Balague works for Bleacher Report? I thought he worked for Sky? Bit of a difference :lol:

I hate Bleacher Report. Amateurs.
Read the article perhaps?

Fundamental to that, you have to be trusted by the people you are mixing with. To that end, I use Twitter because when I publish there, all the people I work for—Sky Sports,Diario AS, Onda Cero—are privileged to it at the same time. It’s also my way of communicating with people who follow me there.

He works for a lot of people. Not just them.

Status
Not open for further replies.