Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Neymar wouldn’t last a season in Manchester.
Can’t think of a potentially more problematic manager-player relationship than Neymar and Jose.
A complete non story.

Also, can’t think of a player I would want to see less playing for United.
A really irritating guy.
Would be ADM all over again, except he would feck off to Madrid after one season.

Silas

The Times are saying Jose wants 6 players. RB, LB, CB, RW and two CMs. I reckon we'll only get one CM though, with Pereira returning. The RW's most likely dependent on Martial leaving.

Last edited:

borrays

Pogba and Martial for Neymar would be good business.

Not sure how well he’d link with Young though....
Wouldnt mind to sell Martial but i think Pogba need to be given second chance, get him world class deep lying playmaker he'll play better.
regarding Young, surely we are going to sign another Left Back this summer no? With rumors of Sessegnon & Alex Sandro emerge, i can see mass exodus from the LB position.

He really isn’t. He gets destroyed by every semi decent attacker with a bit of speed.

A slow full back is most often than not a shit full back nowadays. And as you said his offensive output is non existent. For 20m we should rip their arms off.
i dont think Darmian is really bad defender, he just couldnt adapt the Premier League. Materazzi, Panucci, Perrotta were another Serie A legends who couldnt cut it in the PL. beside Serie A is a lot slower he might regain his best performance there.

Sanche7

Hey did anyone manage to read that Times article from Castles?
I'm guessing it's behind a pay wall or something but would really nice to know what he actually says in the article.

izec

The Times are saying Jose wants 6 players. RB, LB, CB, RW and two CMs. I reckon we'll only get one CM though, with Pereira returning.
My guess is we will end up with a LB, CM, winger and a CB. 6 is very ambitious and i dont think we will sign that many

Sanche7

The Times are saying Jose wants 6 players. RB, LB, CB, RW and two CMs. I reckon we'll only get one CM though, with Pereira returning.
Oh jose, you chose the worse possible year to go on a shopping spree.
If that report is true, I hope we have already agreed a few deals or this could end up being a chaotic window

ovoxo

Did they actually say this? I didn’t notice it on the Sandro article.

M4YON

Oh jose, you chose the worse possible year to go on a shopping spree.
If that report is true, I hope we have already agreed a few deals or this could end up being a chaotic window
This summer we will lose Darmian, Fellani, Carrick and at least one of Young/Shaw.
We arent going on a spending spree we are keeping our squad numbers up but taking the opportunity to being in bettter quality players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we bring a rightback in.
Imo, Jose has to see as a priority. We have no natural width on the right and Tony is a shadow of himself. If he's genuine about catching City, think he'll be actively looking for one .

Nick.

I have the Times Sport today and haven't seen any article saying this. Maybe I have missed it?

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I unfortunately agree, it would be a truly baffling decision if we don't, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
It makes more sense we go for left back and Young and Valencia can rotate on the right, with Fosu-Mensah having a occasional chance to impress there if he doesn't go out on loan again. It's not very impressive but well covered right side of defence and quite realistic scenario. Don't think we would be in for two fullbacks unfortunately

FujiVice

The Times are saying Jose wants 6 players. RB, LB, CB, RW and two CMs. I reckon we'll only get one CM though, with Pereira returning. The RW's most likely dependent on Martial leaving.
What he wants and what he gets are two different worlds sadly.

Kapardin

On paper, that should be enough signings to catch up to City, even if we only sign one CM and not 2. If Jose gets this much backing from the board, I will expect atleast 80-85 league goals, minimum CL QFs, a proper title challenge and a domestic cup (if we miss out narrowly on the league title). Not too much to ask, is it.:)

Hanky panky

We will not sign six player, not even five. I guess we will get 3 or 4. I would already be happy only for Alex Sandro and one good midfielder. And even better if could add one more midfielder or Rw to that.

M4YON

We will not sign six player, not even five. I guess we will get 3 or 4. I would already be happy only for Alex Sandro and one good midfielder. And even better if could add one more midfielder or Rw to that.
We lose

Carrick
Fellani
Darmian
Blind
Shaw or Young

At a minimum we lose 5 that doesn't take into the fact Marital is unhappy and could leave or that we have injury prone defender in Jones. 6 or more incoming could be a very real posiblity.

Castia

We lose

Carrick
Fellani
Darmian
Blind
Shaw or Young

At a minimum we lose 5 that doesn't take into the fact Marital is unhappy and could leave or that we have injury prone defender in Jones. 6 or more incoming could be a very real posiblity.

Also losing Zlatan earlier in the year is a weird one considering Lukaku is our only real out and out striker.

M4YON

Also losing Zlatan earlier in the year is a weird one considering Lukaku is our only real out and out striker.
I hadn't even considered that but Rashford wants to play as a striker so we could see him getting more game time playing both LM/ST next season with only Sanchez and Lukaku to cover those positions (assuming Marital leaves).

Alan Andersonnnnnn

Supports
Ipswich Town
This is the first time since SAF left that we will actually have a manager going into the last year of his "3 year plan." I'd love if we went balls to the wall and backed Jose to get him every player he wants, if he wants a LB, a RB, a CB, a CM, a CM and a RW...FINE. We should make provisions to get them all in, so his squad is then complete. Plus we should keep Martial, Fosu Mensah and Andreas Pereira in the squad too, give him an absolute abundance of options.

If he doesn't win the league or seriously compete on all fronts then he's sacked. No excuses.

The next manager would then have to be someone with an attacking mentality, who will have to make due with the star studded squad Jose would have built, with a minimal "sell to buy" type budget.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

This is the first time since SAF left that we will actually have a manager going into the last year of his "3 year plan." I'd love if we went balls to the wall and backed Jose to get him every player he wants, if he wants a LB, a RB, a CB, a CM, a CM and a RW...FINE. We should make provisions to get them all in, so his squad is then complete. Plus we should keep Martial, Fosu Mensah and Andreas Pereira in the squad too, give him an absolute abundance of options.

If he doesn't win the league or seriously compete on all fronts then he's sacked. No excuses.

The next manager would then have to be someone with an attacking mentality, who will have to make due with the star studded squad Jose would have built, with a minimal "sell to buy" type budget.
Thing is go back 12 months and all the early press reports were 8-10 players to leave 5-6to come in, so dont hold your hopes up. I just hope there is truth in it this year....as it is needed, obviously so.

lysglimt

Scout
We lose

Carrick
Fellani
Darmian
Blind
Shaw or Young

Well - we might get TFM and Pereira back....and there is no guarantee that Fellaini will leave.

M4YON

Well - we might get TFM and Pereira back....and there is no guarantee that Fellaini will leave.
I hope he doesn't i understand why Mourinho wanted him but coming out saying he holds all the cards and we were wrong not to offer him a contract is far to smug for me especially since he's nothing more than a fringe player, a plan B.

I'm not sure Pereira wants to come back and I don't see TFM getting much game time, he may even go back out on loan.

Even if we keep all 3 that's still 3 to retain number but we also need to improve so is still see 5/6 being targeted.

Flytan

I hope he doesn't i understand why Mourinho wanted him but coming out saying he holds all the cards and we were wrong not to offer him a contract is far to smug for me especially since he's nothing more than a fringe player, a plan B.

I'm not sure Pereira wants to come back and I don't see TFM getting much game time, he may even go back out on loan.

Even if we keep all 3 that's still 3 to retain number but we also need to improve so is still see 5/6 being targeted.
I think Pereira lost all chance at being a United player when he went out on loan this season against the wishes of Mourinho. Might have been a good decision career wise, but I think it puts any chance he had here to rest.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
The Times article only mentions:

LB (+ Sandro, - Shaw, Darmian Blind)
CM (to replace Carrick)
Another CM (IF Fellaini leaves)
A Winger (I'm guessing a RW who can actually cross)

Nothing about a CB or RB.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

In nearly every interview he's done this season he's made it very clear he wants to come back to and play for United. I'd be surprised if we let TFM go out on loan again, we really need back up in RB and it doesn't look like we're signing one next season.

PhilipVDB

For the illiterates on this forum (quoted directly from the article):
"Mourinho - who also intends to reinforce the centre and right side of his defence ..."

Water Melon

Really? So Jose was given a right for a clear out, did not get us the prem or CL, and the next manager should stick to Jose's squad who did not win anything major? If Jose fails again next season, then the new manager should be given time and money (just like Jose was given) to build what he wants. JM is a cheque-book manager who is rumoured to be able to guarantee immediate success. If he fails, then there is no way that a new manager should have less resources than Jose had.

Alan Andersonnnnnn

Supports
Ipswich Town
Really? So Jose was given a right for a clear out, did not win the prem, and the next manager should stick to Jose's squad who did not win anything major?
You'd like to think he added a further 6 quality players to the squad in positions of need for big money and cleared out whoever he deemed not good enough. In this hypothetical scenario, our squad would be packed full of very good players and the board most likely would not be overeager to make huge investment into the squad once more the following summer.

So yes the next manager you would think, would have to make do with the great players at his disposal and operate under a buy to sell type budget for that summer. eg. Don't like Lukaku? Use those funds for a replacement.

Someone like Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim etc. would be ideal candidates to come in under such circumstances, if they're not happy working under those provisions then tough shit.

Giving Jose the biggest budget we've ever spent would be a HUGE gamble, no two ways about it. He could sign some flops and it could all blow up on us. I don't expect he would be given the funds to add 6 big money signings to the squad. If he was however, I expect there would be a price to pay the following summer...

Reactions: KM

bonusroller

With it being last game of the regular season, is it time for the Twitter notification gizmo thingy to appear at the top of the page?

EDIT: ... and a new thread given 17/18 is gone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.