Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

James Ducker reporting the agreement with Griezmann now.
Isn't that just off the back of the French report? You will get loads of people rehashing it on Twitter now, it doesn't mean they have any original information. That's how social media works.

Zoo

Yes a French journalist leaked this to deflect from our result.

Zoo

The club don't know any French journos yup
I know everyone is smarting after the result but it's quite far-fetched to think that United would deflect by getting a French journalist in Paris to leak this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I know everyone is smarting after the result but it's quite far-fetched to think that United would deflect by getting a French journalist in Paris to leak this.
It was very tounge and cheek and cynical when I said it.

Flying_Heckfish

Griezmann isn't a drop-in replacement for Ibra, obviously, so either we're changing system or he doesn't play up front.

Buying two strikers only make sense in the latter scenario, unless Ibra is off of course.

Cassidy

Griezmann isn't a drop-in replacement for Ibra, obviously, so either we're changing system or he doesn't play up front.

Buying two strikers only make sense in the latter scenario, unless Ibra is off of course.
Dnt be suprised if Ibra isnt here next season

Cassidy

Rumblings of Napoli aren't there?

I wouldn't be against a move to more dynamic system. Our other forwards need to up their game though if he does go.
We'll sign more than one forward in the summer whether Ibra stays or goes. We need goals!

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like the bit about Mourinho being surprised that Rooney hasn't scored more goals. Has he watched him play over the last few years?

We do need a striker though, no point in solely relying on Zlatan next season.

OohAahMartial

Raiola is talking up Ibra to Napoli, so I guess that he is going to be replaced. Would be silly to rely on him next season anyway. And I think we do need a quick forward in his prime. Sounds indeed like a changr of formation to a 4-2-3-1. Will be interesting to see what forward we are linked to. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Lukaku though. What other forwards meet the spec of quick, powerful, target man, in their prime?

Cassidy

Raiola is talking up Ibra to Napoli, so I guess that he is going to be replaced. Would be silly to rely on him next season anyway. And I think we do need a quick forward in his prime. Sounds indeed like a changr of formation to a 4-2-3-1. Will be interesting to see what forward we are linked to. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Lukaku though. What other forwards meet the spec of quick, powerful, target man, in their prime?
I'd take Icardi, doesn't meet absolutely all the requirements you said but I think he is just what we need. Especially if he has Griezmann as a foil.

AgentP

Aubameyang seems to be moving this summer. His favoured move will be Madrid but we should atleast try to sign him. Icardi and Belotti are also good options. Greizmann and one top striker after Ibra leaves will be perfect.

Cheekiey

Icardi is probably in the top 3 most prolific strikers, although I haven't watched him much this season, would he and Griezmann be better fit than let's say Lukaku and Griezmann?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Dolberg and Griezmann would be my guess. Griezmann would play behind the main striker, whereas Dolberg would spend the next season learning from Ibrahimovic.

Acquire Me

Dolberg and Griezmann would be my guess. Griezmann would play behind the main striker, whereas Dolberg would spend the next season learning from Ibrahimovic.
Dolberg would be a exciting signing. How good is the guy? I have only seen him on YouTube and "everyone" looks great there tbf.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Dolberg would be a exciting signing. How good is the guy? I have only seen him on YouTube and "everyone" looks great there tbf.
Haven't watched him much, but we've been linked with him quite a lot in recent months and the signing seems somewhat logical when you think about it. I'd expect us to go for someone younger like him, as Ibra will be here next season and will probably still be our main striker.

Dolberg would have plenty of time to get accustomed to the new surroundings and would have a whole season (if we assume Ibra will leave in 2018) to learn from one of the best and to get ready for a more prominent role in the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Icardi is probably in the top 3 most prolific strikers, although I haven't watched him much this season, would he and Griezmann be better fit than let's say Lukaku and Griezmann?
They'd fit about the same, both are 'typical no.9's' who want to play on the shoulder. I'd prefer signing Icardi and an orthodox winger like Carrasco personally.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Yeah, Lukaku does fit the profile of strikers that Mourinho seems to favour. Plus, he'd probably be attainable at the right price and wages.

redNATION

35M for a right back! Between Shaw and this we will have spent 65M for full backs. I hope he isn't another Bosingwa.
We've spent a fortune in general over the last few seasons, what's another 35m:) But seriously, we do need a replacement for Valencia, and Semedo ticks a lot of the boxes. If Semedo and Greizman are already being finalised, then I think Jose's getting another season to sort this out, even if we dont get Champs League. A couple of midfielders - Carrick replacement, and one to make up the squad to take Fellaini's position - are also essential. If Zlatan leaves, that's another CF we need. Another expensive summer!

NYAS

I hate these kinds of things. He makes it sound like he would have been our savior and talks as if he's 26. Come on Paddy, just because a certain "someone" (is this a murder investigation? Just fecking say who it is) didn't want you back doesn't mean it was all that controversial.

Hope the quotes are fake because he's more mature than that.

Devil may care

There's only a few players left that were here when Evra was and only one with any power to make it difficult for him, and no I don't think Rooney would do that so it's probably a suit that he had an issue with.

WhoDaGOAT

There's only a few players left that were here when Evra was and only one with any power to make it difficult for him, and no I don't think Rooney would do that so it's probably a suit that he had an issue with.
Could have been Luke Shaw and his agent.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
He has a bit of Zlatan about him in terms of his movement and build up play, not as big but still a good size at 6'1 also looks really quick. However like you say its youtube and the Dutch league is unpredictable. Just saw Barca linked with him today so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.