Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Mata leaving and Ander staying makes sense. If it happens, best of luck to Juan.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I don't know what it is but that Chiesa looks like a Chelsea player to me.

Maybe it's the names are similar? Chiesa/Chelsea?

I dunno, I've just woke up.

Josep Dowling

You choose to spin it that way? :boring:

I'm excited that WE are finally linked to a quality RW! :drool: He looks great, and is a decent threat. He's also quite young.
I know all players aren’t the same but when has a player from Serie A excelled in the Premier League. Their league is so slow it takes players an age to get use to the pace.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know all players aren’t the same but when has a player from Serie A excelled in the Premier League. Their league is so slow it takes players an age to get use to the pace.
Pogba
Ibra (from Milan to PSG to ManUtd)
Alisson
Salah
Felipe Anderson (first season and he is doing very well)
Rudiger
Torreira (first season and he is looking good)
Lamela
Sanchez (Udinese to Barca to Arsenal)
Kolarov
Alonso

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If you mean signed from, then Salah (spent a couple of years in Italy). If you mean a player who has only played in Serie A then that is a tougher question.

iHicksy

We need younger fresher blood to take mata's place in the squad. A rapid right winger/inside forward would improve us no end. Even if he wasn't the finished product, someone we could bring on against tiring legs and who's young enough to be happy with a squad role.

izec

Our Hispanic and Southern group will get torn apart this summer, Mata, Darmian, Valencia and Rojo probably leaving, question marks over Sanchez and Pereira.

Skåre Willoch

Ndombele and Pogba ahead of Herrera would be brilliant - two skilfull, athletic and strong dribblers right through the heart of the midfield, the opposition wouldn't know what to do.
This would be amazing. Those three behind Martial, Rashford and another pacey winger with flair would be absolutely lethal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
what City really needs is a replacement for Dihno, and already missed out on Jorginho and that FDJ kid. I see them spending big in that position, not on wingers
Fullbacks as well, I reckon. For the natural ability, the immaturity and injury concerns of Mendy seem to look like Pep can’t rely on him. Walker’s generally solid but he could also be replaced/competition brought in against him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@Josep Dowling Serie A is very different these days. Games are much more open and lots more goals are scored.

Badenfutbolfan

Supports
Man city
injury concerns of Mendy
yes, maybe left back as well, I don't think inmaturity is what is leaving Mendy out of the team but injuries, Delph-Zinchenko and now Laporte are playing left back but it would be nice to have a natural left back as backup. I like the look of Leandro Paredes for the DM position, not sure if he is still in Rusia playing for Zenith or if any of those tweets were right and he finally moved to PSG, I know he is not in Chelsea at least.

Josep Dowling

If you mean signed from, then Salah (spent a couple of years in Italy). If you mean a player who has only played in Serie A then that is a tougher question.
Salah had already played in the Premier League.

Pogba
Ibra (from Milan to PSG to ManUtd)
Alisson
Salah
Felipe Anderson (first season and he is doing very well)
Rudiger
Torreira (first season and he is looking good)
Lamela
Sanchez (Udinese to Barca to Arsenal)
Kolarov
Alonso
There are a few there that are debatable and a few that already played in England. Anderson does look very good this season though.

Rojofiam

Yeah, I can imagine how tempting it must be for Rashford :rolleyes: (if it was true anyway)

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Ah...the classic Bayern glass ceiling.

Purchase all the wonderkids/stars in the league for themselves. Shame of a club.

Bundesliga can never improve.
I think the Bunesliga can improve if the clubs within it got more money from TV deals which is evenly spread out across the league. In the Premier League it’s difficult to buy from other clubs in the league simply because they tend to already have a lot of money and are not forced to sell.

Perhaps a similar approach could work in Germany?

If anything, at least it would mean Bayern would have to pay more to sign the best players from rival clubs! This will also mean they won’t sign as many of them.

Last edited:

sam147

Ndombele and Pogba ahead of Herrera would be brilliant - two skilfull, athletic and strong dribblers right through the heart of the midfield, the opposition wouldn't know what to do.
Cant see us signing Ndombele. If anything I think United are keeping in touch as a back up in case Pogba leaves. I would like to see him at United though but we should be looking at Neves first. Can play in both DM and CM to compete with both Matic and Herrera.

meamth

I think the Bunesliga can improve if the clubs within it got more money from TV deals which is evenly spread out across the league. In the Premier League it’s difficult to buy from other clubs in the league simply because they tend to already have a lot of money and are not forced to sell.

If anything, at least it would mean Bayern would have to pay more to sign the best players from rival clubs! This will also mean they won’t sign as many of them.
Supply and demand. That's why other leagues could never copy the premier league model.

Premier league is arguably the most viewed sporting event globally. Other leagues? No one really cares.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

They bought him for 3 ME, what does money have anything to do with it? Also, as far as I know, he's been poor for Hamburg. He in his first two senior appearances but didn't score for the rest of last season, hasn't scored a goal yet in the 2nd division this season as well. Hardly 'best talent in Germany',

Badenfutbolfan

Supports
Man city
They bought him for 3 ME, what does money have anything to do with it? Also, as far as I know, he's been poor for Hamburg. He in his first two senior appearances but didn't score for the rest of last season, hasn't scored a goal yet in the 2nd division this season as well. Hardly 'best talent in Germany',
money has all to do with it, Bayern has won 13 out of the last 20 bundesligas, competition is non existent and thats one one the reasons the premier league is the most atractive product out there, with different teams being in a position to compete

Status
Not open for further replies.