Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

walsh

Would love us to sign Sancho, ticks all the boxes. This week has shown us how much our gameplan can be affected by a couple of injuries, especially if we're looking to play the way Ole wants to play with speed and dynamism.

AndyJ1985

What is going on at Barca??? They've invested in Dembele, De Jong and now Luka Jovic... and United are hoarding Young, Jones and Smalling... How the hell are we to get better? Ed Woodward.... have a bloody conscience.... and invest in the club
Barcelona sign players to replace their older ones before they are past it. We wait until our players are ready for the scrapheap and then desperately try to find replacements. It's one of the main reasons we desperately need a dof, for long term recruitment planning.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Luckhurst also wrote a piece on how United tried hard to sign Sancho from City, but City were making it very difficult for the player to join United. United were willing to pursue the signing even after City's stance and were willing to be patient but the player wanted out from City ASAP which gave Dortmund the opportunity to sign him.

Custis is a decent source for United transfer news and I imagine we'll go back in for him in the summer.

AndyJ1985

When did £70m become a laughable price for a promising young player? Sounds reasonable to me.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If city/Liverpool/anyone else had been linked with him for that price, this place would be full of people saying that we’re a joke for missing out on him for such a good price and taking it as gospel.

Because it’s us that's linked with him, the whole story is obviously bullshit... :lol:

ash_86

Slow news day. Icardi won't fit in our current system so a no go. Dybala would be :drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When did £70m become a laughable price for a promising young player? Sounds reasonable to me.
Dortmund sold a young player nowhere near as rated, a bench warmer and a year left on his contract for close to that figure.

sam147

I'm dreaming here but selling Lukaku and signing the likes of Dybala, Sancho, Koulibaly, a CM and a full back would put us back up there.
Sancho LW, Martial ST and Dybala RW would be great. I think we need a DM more than a CM because Matic is being run into the ground. If we could sign a good DM and someone like Pellegrini for CM then we would be able to challenge.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Slow news day. Icardi won't fit in our current system so a no go. Dybala would be :drool:
Seems we are getting rid of all the players we should have left at Everton in the first place.

pascell

Sancho LW, Martial ST and Dybala RW would be great. I think we need a DM more than a CM because Matic is being run into the ground. If we could sign a good DM and someone like Pellegrini for CM then we would be able to challenge.
It would or Martial LW, Rashford ST, Sancho RW, Dybala CAM and Pogba in CM vs smaller teams at home, that'd be amazing to watch. Pellegrini or Barella would be my picks as DM.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol:. So has Rashford not really done it for you this season?

AaronRedDevil

No way United are getting dybala. He's loving life atm with Ronaldo bromance. Icardi on the other hand is very possible. Dybala and pogba again would be just beautiful.

Canagel

Icardi could fit. In a diamond formation.

Herrera New DM Pogba
Martial
Icardi Rashford
But id rather get the RW to fit the 4-3-3

sam147

:lol:. So has Rashford not really done it for you this season?
We would need more than one striker obviously. Between Rashford and Martial the latter should start. If we do sell Lukaku and Sanchez then we need a starting striker. A 21 year old Rashford will not win us a title playing upfront. He is still very raw and needs to develop.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
How do people see it working if we signed Dybala and a RW?

The best possible side would likely be....

Martial Dybala RW
Pogba Herrera
DM

However that means Rashford drops back down to rotating with Martial for the LW when he has shown his best form up top.

ash_86

Icardi could fit. In a diamond formation.

Herrera New DM Pogba
Martial
Icardi Rashford
But id rather get the RW to fit the 4-3-3
Actually I'd like to swap Martial with Sanchez if he was any good for us. But yeah, looks like 443 is what Ole is going for .

Silas

No way United are getting dybala. He's loving life atm with Ronaldo bromance. Icardi on the other hand is very possible. Dybala and pogba again would be just beautiful.
Hasn't Dybala been on the bench a lot recently?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I guess because United weren't playing this weekend that the media needed to make up a few stories for print.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So we're taking this as legit then?
Custis is a decent source for United transfer news and our interest in the player goes back to when he left City as reported by Sam Luckhurst in the MEN. I take it as legit transfer news.

Status
Not open for further replies.