Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

If not Eriksen I think Isco would be available for a similar price and be a lot more attainable. He can play CM with Pogba I think.
He won't make as many assists or chances as eriksen by a long way. I think he'd be another Mata, nice to watch but wouldn't put up the numbers to affect our season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He won't make as many assists or chances as eriksen by a long way. I think he'd be another Mata, nice to watch but wouldn't put up the numbers to affect our season.
Football isn’t all goals and assists. He’ll help us to keep possession in areas where it’s hard to do that and circulate the ball. I don’t propose playing him as a forward like Mata does. As a central midfielder goals and assists is not his currency.

L1nk

Genuinely surprised people don't seem that receptive to Timo Werner on here? I'd much prefer him over Lukaku, however I saw somebody say we should get him as a backup to Rashford? The delusion, Werner is better than Rashford :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Genuinely surprised people don't seem that receptive to Timo Werner on here? I'd much prefer him over Lukaku, however I saw somebody say we should get him as a backup to Rashford? The delusion, Werner is better than Rashford :lol:
Personally think he is overrated. He has scored 13 leagues goals in each the last 2 seasons in a weaker league and has not been great internationally either.
He is better than Rashford probably, but get this, Rashford has as many league goals this season even though he played half of the season on the wing. Who knows but I personally don't think he is the answer. He is young and foreign and still living off the hype of 2/3 seasons ago IMO

haram

He is not better than Lukaku.

L1nk

He is not better than Lukaku.
Didn't say he was a better goalscorer than Lukaku, but feel like he would be a much better fit for the team with how Ole might set us up to play now and in the future

sam147

Which Moussa Dembele is this? Is he one of the ones that was kicking around before or is this a new one?
The one from Celtic. He is a decent player. Better all round than Rashford but not really top tier.

The Nani

Isn’t he a bit precious? Can’t be bothered to look it up but I remember reading something last year that seriously brought his mentality into question.

If we’re going for a proper striker, Jovic is our guy. Only player who could soften the blow of not getting Joao Felix for me.

L1nk

Isn’t he a bit precious? Can’t be bothered to look it up but I remember reading something last year that seriously brought his mentality into question.

If we’re going for a proper striker, Jovic is our guy. Only player who could soften the blow of not getting Joao Felix for me.
That I do not know personally. But I would be happy with Jovic as well, to be honest I just want to see us make some necessary and astute signings whilst finally getting rid of the absolute dross we've accumulated, I don't care if it's Werner, Jovic, Sancho, Felix... Just make some moves like!

The Nani

That I do not know personally. But I would be happy with Jovic as well, to be honest I just want to see us make some necessary and astute signings whilst finally getting rid of the absolute dross we've accumulated, I don't care if it's Werner, Jovic, Sancho, Felix... Just make some moves like!
Agreed. If we can get a decent fee for Lukaku and a few other players we should be able to net £100mish, never mind the wages coming off the books with a few others leaving on a free.

Should be no problem spending £300m then which should net us one of Jovic/Felix, Sancho, Bruno, Alderweireld and Meunier.

That’s the sort of summer we need.

Kapardin

Hope we don’t go anywhere near this. Forget about the off field disruptions are, on the field he’s basicslly a more efficient Lukaku. We need more from our CF.
A more efficient Lukaku means he will score more goals even in his bad games and won't have the first touch of a rhinoceros. That means he would be good for us.

I think it would be good to have 2 CFs of varying styles, the gritty down-to-earth Icardi and the more technical Rashford. The only sticking point is that both should be capable of scoring consistently, even in games where they are mostly marked out.

jamesjimmybyrondean

A more efficient Lukaku means he will score more goals even in his bad games and won't have the first touch of a rhinoceros. That means he would be good for us.

I think it would be good to have 2 CFs of varying styles, the gritty down-to-earth Icardi and the more technical Rashford. The only sticking point is that both should be capable of scoring consistently, even in games where they are mostly marked out.
My thoughts exactly. While I would prefer Jovic I also wouldn't mind a Lukaku swap for Icardi if lukaku wants to leave. People are saying they don't want Icardi and the baggage he comes with but he will go to another club with his baggage and score 20 goals per season for them.

Moreover we need experience in this team. Having 3 young strikers be it Felix or Jovic including Rashford and Martial is not going to win us titles( Look at City Liverpool Chelsea Tottenham and even Arsenal's attack they all have experience). Sometimes when I look at the formation of us vs teams like Barca I wonder how we would get a goal with Martial and Rashford in attack

Icardi also is or was the captain of Inter so he obviously has some leadership qualities which is needed in this team

haram

Im eager to actually watch this guy play, hopefully Sporting have a game soon that I can catch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The one from Celtic. I said get him when he was there. I'm a fan of him, he's got good footwork.
He was a person of interest to me too, but having seen him at Lyon, he hasn’t been that impressive at a higher level.

Art Vandelay

Looks more than a rumour anyway.
It always does coming out of Portugal, we go through this saga every year with at least one player in that league where there's stories every few days and nothing ever comes of it. He ends up at Valencia, Monaco, Sampdoria or somewhere in Russia. I'm not saying this one won't be true, I'm saying Portugese newspapers seem to be fantastic at painting their players as wanted by all of Europe for outrageous fees when they rarely seem to go straight to the bigger teams.

Sanche7

Im eager to actually watch this guy play, hopefully Sporting have a game soon that I can catch.
Well Sporting play Porto on 19th Of this month and then on the 25th in some cup final,so yeah that’s two very good matches to look forward to

haram

Well Sporting play Porto on 19th Of this month and then on the 25th in some cup final,so yeah that’s two very good matches to look forward to
I’ll try and remember :lol:. I watch football most days because of my gambling habit so I’ll probably just come across it anyway :lol:.

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't want that tunnel vision ball hogging Isco here in our team. His movement is terrible too. I would even prefer to have the ageing Modric for 1 year than have Isco here.
We start Jesse Lingard. I'd bite your hand off to have Isco instead.

United_We_Stand

"...United have already promised at least three signings and Herrera's exit will increase that to at least four..."

Status
Not open for further replies.