Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahsan_6386

Well if it was upto Marca then we would be selling Pogba in exchange of Bale along with paying for Pogba wages for his whole Real Madrid stay .

Coming to the tweet we need to ask for atleast 160 million pounds if not double of what we paid .

Snafu17

I'd be fine with four signings if Herrera stayed. With him going we really need five, but if we really only intend to buy "real quality" then I can't see us buying more than four players, because that would take us way above that 230 million mark.

Fail to get CL football and the wages go up for most players, while some are just not reachable in that case. I'm not too optimistic all things considered.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I agree he comes across like real joker, with goldbridge I'm sure that's his job.
I actually don't mind Goldbrige. The way he winds people up amuses me but I admit he has the look of a joker. Woodward has the face of someone you can't take seriously.

OoopsMisclick

Barcelona have ruled out the signing of Frankfurt striker Luka Jović. The Serbian has been scouted for more than fifteen times, but the club have decided not to sign him. Barça doubt his link-up play as well as his capacity to shine outside the opponent's penalty area. [md]
He rejected them because he thinks he won't play enough.
Time for the media to spin the story and question his ability :)

I think he'd be good enough for us

I actually don't mind Goldbrige. The way he winds people up amuses me but I admit he has the look of a joker. Woodward has the face of someone you can't take seriously.
Goldbridge is kl he doesn't take himself too seriously.

Sanche7

Didn’t his dad come out and say that Jovic rejected Barca because he was unsure about a starting spot in the team?
Right after that the great mes que un club comes out and says yeah well, he’s very meh, we never really wanted him, it’s not like we scouted him 15 times or something. The very thought of some player rejecting them is too much for them to take
Just look at the picture used,Jovic all sad and heartbroken with a thumbs down emoji to boot :lol:

Swearing Budgie

We'll "claim" it as long as it's true, which it currently is. We've been shit on the field, yes, for 6 years, but still been more relevant and more well supported than most clubs in the world.
So why do we always miss out on the best players and rely on mopping up what other big clubs are happy to get rid of?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So why do we always miss out on the best players and rely on mopping up what other big clubs are happy to get rid of?
Because we are based in Manchester. And managed to break the world record and sign the most sought after player on the market from another super club anyway, and beat Manchester City, who I imagine you have down as one of the clubs who get all the best players, to two players in the last 18 months. Oh, and we beat every top club in Europe to Dalot.

Basically, your narrative is false, and just the venting of a frustrated fan because our team isn’t the best.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If Pogba leaves, Coutinho or Eriksen wouldn't be a bad replacement.

If Pogba is staying, then no need of Coutinho

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So we want "game changing" signings.

I hope the club haven't been briefing that, as when we buy the likes of Wan Bissaka or Rice for 100m between them we'll look a leeeelte foolish.

Fridge chutney

This is simply untrue. That we don't make use of the players we get and don't have a consistent cross-manager strategy to player recruitment is a different set of problems that need addressing.

jesperjaap

Will need more than 4 anyways regardless of Herrera’s exit.
I agree I hope they mean a least three game changing signings as is big signings and other signings. Lets face it, top four or not, without a major outgoing or two we cant sign six big signings as you are talking around £400m.

I think there are a lot of really really good young players like Ascacibar, Barella, Tonali, Upemecano, Rice, Wan Bissaka, NDOmbele, Jovic, Guimaraes, Lincoln that are all top class and potentially world class under £50m for the vast majority.
If we could make 6 signings mixed up of major ones of the likes of Koulibailly, Sancho, Fernandes and these I would be delighted.
It isnt about big names though, all about getting the right type of player for the positions really need upgrading and I think a lot o that depends on a top four finish and having the balls to move on a fair few players.....with our recent performances and new contracts handed out I am not overly confident to be honest

Scholsey2004

Im eager to actually watch this guy play, hopefully Sporting have a game soon that I can catch.
Go on YouTube. Type in 'Bruno fernandes vs' and you'll get videos where all his touches in the game are played, not just the good ones. Obviously that's more informative than a skills reel. Obviously you don't have the greater context of seeing how the rest of the game went but it's a useful way of seeing what a player is actually like in a short time.

Scholsey2004

Football isn’t all goals and assists. He’ll help us to keep possession in areas where it’s hard to do that and circulate the ball. I don’t propose playing him as a forward like Mata does. As a central midfielder goals and assists is not his currency.
Erikson plays in the same position, is at least as good at the things isco is good at in midfield and also currently has the second highest assist tally in europe. To a large extent it is about assists and goals, we don't create enough chances or score enough goals to be a genuine top side. Eriksen would help in that respect, isco wouldn't greatly. Pogba at present is our only consistent creative player so if teams manage to nullify him then we really labour along. With two similarly creative players in the middle of the park it would be far more difficult for teams to close off the danger. Look at city, they've got so many creative options in and around the midfield. It's very difficult to stop them all.

Silas

Erikson plays in the same position, is at least as good at the things isco is good at in midfield and also currently has the second highest assist tally in europe. To a large extent it is about assists and goals, we don't create enough chances or score enough goals to be a genuine top side. Eriksen would help in that respect, isco wouldn't greatly. Pogba at present is our only consistent creative player so if teams manage to nullify him then we really labour along. With two similarly creative players in the middle of the park it would be far more difficult for teams to close off the danger. Look at city, they've got so many creative options in and around the midfield. It's very difficult to stop them all.
I'd say Isco's much better at dribbling and keeping the ball under pressure.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You did indeed. Wonder what will happen and if they really choose to go with such an unproven player as a replacement. I wouldn't say we should be interested since we have Garner, our own kid.
You think Garner is physically ready for the Prem?

izec

At €25m they could flip him for profit even if they can't keep him. PSG keeps 20% sell-on.
One of the more baffling transfers in the last years. PSG need midfielders and loan out a highly rated one with sell clause without getting replacements :houllier:.

I would take him here, he will develop only further. His first full season as a starter and he is tearing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.