Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
One of the more baffling transfers in the last years. PSG need midfielders and sell a highly rated one without getting replacements :houllier:.

I would take him here, he will develop only further. His first full season as a starter and he is tearing it up.
Maybe that could be our revenge. They nick Herrera off us and we get this lad off Betis.

izec

Maybe that could be our revenge. They nick Herrera off us and we get this lad off Betis.
We fecked up with Herrera ourselves IMO. We would do the same in that position. If Rabiot wouldnt be such a troublemaker or portrayed as one, i am sure we would be interested as well.

Seth.R

Isn’t he a bit precious? Can’t be bothered to look it up but I remember reading something last year that seriously brought his mentality into question.
He had to wear ear plugs in a football match because it was too loud if I recall correctly :lol:

Possibly in the wrong line of work.

Chairman Steve

How many posts and pages will it be before we see the tweet that basically says Ed has again briefed the press on the mass clearout with mass influx story to appease the masses?

Robertd0803

Not even we are stupid enough to dig Barca out of their ludicrous €142m hole.
I wouldnt bet against it.

The only reason I can see this not happening is Coutinhos recent interview where he still seemed to have a lot of dislike towards us.

Also I predicted the ghoul would score against us :mad:

Ether

The word at Pep Guardiola’s club is, according to the claims, that Sancho can’t be allowed to join their Manchester rivals.

It’s not made clear exactly what Manchester City plan to do about it, but they’re now in the ‘Sancho Poker’.

BlueHaze

The Sancho thing is just a rumour for muppets to bring out their kleenex but just like with Hazard you are only going to be left with a sore willie and calluses on your palm. It's not going to happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So long as FIFA/UEFA closely monitor whatever it is that they plan to do about it then good luck to them. I cannot imagine it will be anything that is not outside rules and regulations though.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
The Sancho thing is just a rumour for muppets to bring out their kleenex but just like with Hazard you are only going to be left with a sore willie and calluses on your palm. It's not going to happen.
You are probably one of those guys who said the same thing about Pogba joining us, right?

Hazard is going to Madrid by the way.

deadrevelz

There is nothing in that story whatsoever. He won't leave Dortmund this summer, but probably will next summer. What the feck can City do about it, other than buy him, like any other club?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There is nothing in that story whatsoever. He won't leave Dortmund this summer, but probably will next summer. What the feck can City do about it, other than buy him, like any other club?
I suspect that’s what the article is suggesting.

deadrevelz

I suspect that’s what the article is suggesting.
Sure, it could happen. But he left for playing time and I don't see how he plays every game for City when they have Sane, Aguero, Jesus and Sterling. More likely they will pretend to be interested to try and drive the price up.

GledTheRed

Sure, it could happen. But he left for playing time and I don't see how he plays every game for City when they have Sane, Aguero, Jesus and Sterling. More likely they will pretend to be interested to try and drive the price up.
Probably sell Mahrez and get Sancho, no doubt make a profit too. We will get Perisic and Willian and have them playing fecking violins on Instagram whilst Fred the Red wanks in the background.

IrishMcD

Probably sell Mahrez and get Sancho, no doubt make a profit too. We will get Perisic and Willian and have them playing fecking violins on Instagram whilst Fred the Red wanks in the background.
Just read that while sitting in the queue at the barbers and am now literally sniggering away at the imagery in that last sentence!! Everyone in here giving me weird looks. Can’t exactly explain to them what I’m laughing at either. Thanks for that

deadrevelz

I forgot about Mahrez, their squad is ridiculous. Even if they sell him I don't see Sancho getting as much game time as he wants though. He's not going to displace Sterling or Sane.

IrishMcD

To be honest - where can Dave even go?
Juve, PSG and I reckon Zidane would gladly get rid of Courtois to bring him in.....and if his price is as low as say €50m due to having one year left on his contract, I could easily see Barca selling off a squad player or two and buying him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What's his new release clause and wages?
This is the real question. These things are often chess moves, business arrangements more than necessarily a commitment for the future.

United_We_Stand

Oblak's salary will rise to €10m annually, and his release clause has been increased from €100m to €120m.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not really that much given the great scheme of things. The biggest block getting him out of Madrid is he doesn't want to go
If he never wants to leave I suspect the clause would have been €200m or so. In this current market he is still very much affordable.

Sanche7

Not really that much given the great scheme of things. The biggest block getting him out of Madrid is he doesn't want to go
Why do you think he doesn’t want to leave ? As Rozay pointed out, if he didn’t want to leave, he wouldn’t have negotiated a new contract with a minimal increase in buy out clause. Also I had posted this a few days ago :

Oblak: The Premier League is attractive – I can see myself there

“But in the future, everything is possible. In football, things change from one day to another so it’s impossible to say you’re going to be somewhere for many years, because you don’t know. January is here, June is there. Things can change so fast”

“The Premier League is interesting. It’s attractive and at some stage I may want to be part of that competition. I can see myself there, but I don’t know when – maybe next year, in two years, five or 10.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/oblak-premier-league-attractive-i-can-see-myself-there

I know this is not a popular opinion but if DDG is really asking for that ridiculous wage, I won’t be against moving him along for 40/50 million and buying this guy. He’s a very good keeper, just turned 26 and will stay here the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.