Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Would be ecstatic if we get what we paid back tbh
Think we should be making as much as possible from a sale for his marketing value, should be over £100m but I cant see us getting £150m for him at all, think if he goes it will be around £130m which I think would be a good deal for us invested in the right replacements as there are loads of really good young central midfielders at the moment I think

Joeace2020

Reporter: Hello Pogba, would you leave Manchester United in the summer as the rumors say?

Pogba: United is a great club but Madrid have a fantastic manager and one of the best in the world, you never know.

SATA

If true, we should be using that money to buy our targets first before announcing Pogba to Madrid. Otherwise we'll be fleeced

Canagel

Mediocre players? All of the named replacements would 1) provide better value for the overall unit and 2) are having better seasons than Pogba has.

Liverpool and Tottenham have better working midfields than us despite us having Paul Pogba. You think Klopp would like Pogba? He'd likely tell him to feck off.
liverpool strikeforce has nearly 20 goals each . Spurs has one of the best if not best striker of the league.

It's pure fantasy and delusion to think there's upgrade on pogba in this set up.

Devil may care

If true, we should be using that money to buy our targets first before announcing Pogba to Madrid. Otherwise we'll be fleeced
It doesn't work like that, clubs will know that deal is done already, the grapevine will see to it.

ErranMorad

Only Eriksen will be able to fill the Pogba shaped hole in our squad. I would be ecstatic if we got 150m+ for Pogba for the rebuild and exchanged Martial for Eriksen with Spurs. Win win for everybody.

Red_toad

Only Eriksen will be able to fill the Pogba shaped hole in our squad. I would be ecstatic if we got 150m+ for Pogba for the rebuild and exchanged Martial for Eriksen with Spurs. Win win for everybody.

Feckin hell, sell 2 of our most effective attacking players for Eriksen. Glazers have done a wonderful job in dampening the fans expectations of what the club can/ can’t afford.

By the way no champions league no chance we’ll get Eriksen. He’s looking to move to win stuff next season...

BlueHaze

Feckin hell, sell 2 of our most effective attacking players for Eriksen. Glazers have done a wonderful job in dampening the fans expectations of what the club can/ can’t afford.

By the way no champions league no chance we’ll get Eriksen. He’s looking to move to win stuff next season...
And if we get it you think we are gonna win it anyway? :lol:

Us getting CL football or not have no impact whatsoever on that deal. Truth is Levy will have multiple options to sell to and the last thing he'd ever do would be to sell to us. I genuinely have no idea how some people on here actually believe it would ever happen when they know who Levy is.

ErranMorad

What the feck does the Glazers have to do with this?

The 150m+ generated from the sale of Pogba is for buying other players, Sunshine. Martial has been stinking the place up for a while. He is a good player but not irreplaceable.

SuperiorXI

And if we get it you think we are gonna win it anyway? :lol:

Us getting CL football or not have no impact whatsoever on that deal. Truth is Levy will have multiple options to sell to and the last thing he'd ever do would be to sell to us. I genuinely have no idea how some people on here actually believe it would ever happen when they know who Levy is.
He sells to other PL teams when the price is right. Recent memory, City got Kyle Walker. Deals can be done.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I think we have to defer to Ole's decision on this. For the longest time I was convinced that Pogba was the man to build the team around. If Ole still feels that then we should give him a new contract and get behind him. If he feels it's time for him to go I trust Ole knows what he needs to do to build the squad he wants. I'm looking forward to the summer to see what it brings. Whatever happens, there'll be many must needed changes.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's hard to imagine a single day goes by that Ed Woodward doesn't think about ol' Alexis Sanchez and the millions he's costing him every month.
Nah, Woody is probably still waiting for all the sponsorship from Mexico to start rolling in when he has a few good games.

Kapardin

If Pogba leaves, I'd prefer getting in a traditional #10 and perhaps shifting from the 4-3-3. It's hard to get goalscoring midfielders nowadays, whereas a proper #10 guarantees atleast a dozen league goals in addition to the other forwards.

Jacob

Would take 180-200m for Pogba and reinvest the funds in to our re-build.
Nobody would pay that. Can you really argue that an older Pogba than we signed for 90m, with terrible form would command a higher price now than back then?

ErranMorad

If Pogba leaves, I'd prefer getting in a traditional #10 and perhaps shifting from the 4-3-3. It's hard to get goalscoring midfielders nowadays, whereas a proper #10 guarantees atleast a dozen league goals in addition to the other forwards.
Who do you have in mind?

I would prefer Griezmann as the goal scorer to replace him.

Not going to happen, but my Dream would be a solid DM, Eriksen and Griezmann behind the striker.

Eriksen DM
Sancho Griezmann Sanchez
Rashford​

Kapardin

Who do you have in mind?

I would prefer Griezmann as the goal scorer to replace him.

Not going to happen, but my Dream would be a solid DM, Eriksen and Griezmann behind the striker.

Eriksen DM
Sancho Griezmann Sanchez
Rashford​
Not really sure myself, I suppose a good scouting team would unearth some player from lower leagues. Pure #10s have become something of a rarity nowadays, it's the attacking midfielders who hog all the limelight.

Obviously Griezmann would be perfect but it's a pipe dream.

Cheekiey

Really really like the idea of Bruno and Ziyech which I mentioned a few days ago in a different thread, they'd end up being the players we'd build our team around.

Tiber

@Damien / @Raoul I know it's a little early but is there any chance of getting the feed which just shows the tweets back? This thread has been insufferable recently

NJM78

> Mourinho is bullying him!

> He's not in his preferred position!

> He needs better people around him!

I love the excuses for him. Clutching at so many straws :lol:
To be fair we are yet to test the final excuse.
I agree the excuses are becoming too much but I'm sure he would be the Pogba we see and enjoy 2/10 games be more likely 8/10 games with better players. Our midfield is distinctly average and Pogba doesnt seem to have the fight in him to succeed with this club that is not really going anywhere or winning major honours anytime soon.

Last edited:

NYAS

You would think it had nothing to do with them.
Yep, that’s what their agents, families and girlfriends are saying to them every day. You’re great hunny, you’ve done your best. Girl wants to go to sunnier climes and agent wants his cut of the transfer fee. Family might not like the idea because they’ll have less to mooch off since the player probably won’t get a higher wage than he is with us. But they can’t say that to the player because if they upset him he’ll just stop posting them on social media and the family member/moocher will stop getting as many Instagram followers and the association with the players becomes less prevalent.

Football is great these days. Bring Roy Keane back.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
De Gea has a serious problem of there not being enough goalkeeping positions open that would pay him the kind of money he seeks as well as give him elite football. His stature in Spain wasn't very high and the Barcelona performance did not do him any favours. If Zidane doesn't want him, his only other viable option is PSG. Juventus look attractive but they are not going to pay him the kind of money he gets at United with Ronaldo on the books. His best option might yet be sticking to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.