Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I believe in this. Last 3 transfer windows showed that we don't want(can't) spend much money. Is that because Glazers want to sell or just save money, i don't know but it is obvious. So maybe one midfielder in january for 20-30 mil and that is that.

Suedesi

Tier 1 Source for me, the guy who broke the Daniel James transfer a month before everyone. It makes sense if Sane leaves.

Questions should be raised why is BVB intent on selling Sancho this early? Discipline issues? Loss of form? They've got the next Sancho lined-up and are maximizing (trading) value? I'm not feeling the vibe to be honest.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I believe in this. Last 3 transfer windows showed that we don't want(can't) spend much money. Is that because Glazers want to sell or just save money, i don't know but it is obvious. So maybe one midfielder in january for 20-30 mil and that is that.
It's always down to whose available. If a big target is available we will move to bring him in. January doesn't tend to have big stars available but it looks like Haaland might be doable.

Thiagoal

Questions should be raised why is BVB intent on selling Sancho this early? Discipline issues? Loss of form? They've got the next Sancho lined-up and are maximizing (trading) value? I'm not feeling the vibe to be honest.
It’s certainly not a loss of form if you’ve seen his last few matches

enurs

I just saw Real Sociedad vs Barcelona and I am telling you if we sell Pogba to RM then we must get Odegaard in return. He was man of the match, created chances after chances. I don't think he lost the ball once and was the man behind everything Real Sociedad created.
What an insane match from Odegaard

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
To replace a left winger with a right winger? And why would Sancho go back to City without the guaranteed playing time? Realistically Pep isn't really going to stick around for much longer beyond this season. I'd understand if Sancho was a local lad or something, but he isn't.
Sancho has shown equally good performances on the left.

Classical Mechanic

Doesn't address my question.
Because they always bought him to sell him back to England. Perhaps this is peak Sancho, he has 16 goals and assists in 12(1) games this season despite being out of form a 7 games or so. Can he get much better, those number are pretty amazing I’d say. There are some questions over his attitude but it’s clear that he wants to leave too.

Suedesi

Because they always bought him to sell him back to England. Perhaps this is peak Sancho, he has 16 goals and assists in 12(1) games this season despite being out of form a 7 games or so. Can he get much better, those number are pretty amazing I’d say. There are some questions over his attitude but it’s clear that he wants to leave too.
Questions over his attitude are important and need qualitative answers that stats can't provide. You'd rarely see Fergie buying players whose character he didn't like. We shouldn't stray much from that model.

Him going to City would be Paul Pogba MK2.

Classical Mechanic

Questions over his attitude are important and need qualitative answers that stats can't provide. You'd rarely see Fergie buying players whose character he didn't like. We shouldn't stray much from that model.

Him going to City would be Paul Pogba MK2.
I don't think any manager would buy a player who's character they didn't like. Having said that, Gary Linekar said that plenty of people at Spurs and in the game knew that Berbatov didn't have the right mentality to really shine at the elite level but he still ended up at United.

If City sign him then surely they're happy with his attitude after having him in the academy for a few years? With Pogba the regime that he left under was gone and Ed may have got sucked in to making that big money commercial signing. That's if you buy into the theory that he's a rotten egg in that regard of course. Personally I'm still on the fence about that. That said, since following Sancho's career since he was 15 or so I've never felt he has a particularly massive ego or bad attitude.

Suedesi

I don't think any manager would buy a player who's character they didn't like. Having said that, Gary Linekar said that plenty of people at Spurs and in the game knew that Berbatov didn't have the right mentality to really shine at the elite level but he still ended up at United.

If City sign him then surely they're happy with his attitude after having him in the academy for a few years? With Pogba the regime that he left under was gone and Ed may have got sucked in to making that big money commercial signing. That's if you buy into the theory that he's a rotten egg in that regard of course. Personally I'm still on the fence about that. That said, since following Sancho's career since he was 15 or so I've never felt he has a particularly massive ego or bad attitude.
Unfortunately, we don't know with 100% certainty who's the driving force behind our purchases, the manager or Ed and co (Fred, Pogba, Maguire in 2019 vs 2018 etc).

I like Pobga as a player, a lot. However, I don't think he's done enough to justify the price we paid in 2016 for him. We may recoup our cash given the inflation in transfer fees, but so would investing in 2-3 players in 2016 instead - and we might have won more.

Anyhoo... Sancho, I hope we don't go over 80-90 million.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Sancho has just got Dortmund to the next stage of the CL in Feb. He won't be going anywhere in Jan. They'll be no getting a free run before the summer.

With Maddison links, I doubt it during the season with the run they're on but I wonder if we've agreed to sell Pogba to Madrid for ~100m and we've sold Maddison on replacing him. Really I see Pogba leaving at the end of the season and potential high profile players waiting to see how we finish.
This assumes anybody, including RM, wants to buy Pogba for the kind of price tag we want for him. That was not the case at all, last Summer, despite what Pogba's Caf fandom wants to believe, may not be the case next Summer, either. Problem is - Woodward won't sell him for cheap, even if it makes footballing sense and we may get stuck with him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This assumes anybody, including RM, wants to buy Pogba for the kind of price tag we want for him. That was not the case at all, last Summer, despite what Pogba's Caf fandom wants to believe, may not be the case next Summer, either. Problem is - Woodward won't sell him for cheap, even if it makes footballing sense and we may get stuck with him.
‘Stuck’ you know.

dev1l

That s why he s still with us. He wants out but no one is prepared to pay what Woodie is asking

Alabaster Codify7

That s why he s still with us. He wants out but no one is prepared to pay what Woodie is asking

But then what do we do?

Pay a guy £300-400k a week to 'be injured' for almost the entire season, just to save face? It's a hugely embarrassing situation for us to be in, and future signings might be put off also. 'Don't join United, they'll pay you well but things are so poor there that the best player(s) don't want to be there and will just rot on the bench rather than play'. It just gives a poor impression of everyone involved. I know it's wishful thinking but I'd love to see Woodward go, right, sell him for what we paid for him and send a message that United will no longer tolerate this mediocrity and lack of commitment. And no, I don't think Pogba is mediocre, but I think his recent contributions and the fact that he's apparently injured for 3-4months (which personally, I think is a cover, but there we go) is mediocre.

dev1l

But then what do we do?

Pay a guy £300-400k a week to 'be injured' for almost the entire season, just to save face? It's a hugely embarrassing situation for us to be in, and future signings might be put off also. 'Don't join United, they'll pay you well but things are so poor there that the best player(s) don't want to be there and will just rot on the bench rather than play'. It just gives a poor impression of everyone involved. I know it's wishful thinking but I'd love to see Woodward go, right, sell him for what we paid for him and send a message that United will no longer tolerate this mediocrity and lack of commitment. And no, I don't think Pogba is mediocre, but I think his recent contributions and the fact that he's apparently injured for 3-4months (which personally, I think is a cover, but there we go) is mediocre.
If you want my personal opinion, I would get rid of. It s no use having a player who doesn't want to be here. It s difficult for him to give 100 per cent on the pitch with his mind and heart elsewhere.
I m not saying sell him for a low fee either eg 40 - 50 million either.

Alabaster Codify7

If you want my personal opinion, I would get rid of. It s no use having a player who doesn't want to be here. It s difficult for him to give 100 per cent on the pitch with his mind and heart elsewhere.
I m not saying sell him for a low fee either eg 40 - 50 million either.

This is my view too. He has to go. There is no other option, I've made my stance clear since a month or so back - I don't beleve this is a serious injury, we're biding time because something is happening in January. However, I honestly think Ed needs to settle around £100m maximum if that's as far as Real will go. What's the alternative?! Eight more months of a broken toe?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is my view too. He has to go. There is no other option, I've made my stance clear since a month or so back - I don't beleve this is a serious injury, we're biding time because something is happening in January. However, I honestly think Ed needs to settle around £100m maximum if that's as far as Real will go. What's the alternative?! Eight more months of a broken toe?
:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's from Alan Nixon who is quite reliable when it comes to players from the lower leagues.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Aren't the Sun listed in the OP ?
I could be wrong but I'm sure a exception was made for certain journos who were deemed somewhat credible. And Alan Nixon who is possibly the most reputable journo that reports on lower league teams falls into that category IMO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Highly rated young CB that could develop into a very good player in the coming seasons. Potentially a very good deal for Monaco.

izec

It would have been easier for us to just have hired Conte, half the squad consists/consisted of players he would have loved here

bushyzor

But then what do we do?

A number of people have this view that his injury is actually a “cover”, but I just can’t agree. His Instagram shows that he was in a cast and then when it came off he was in a rehab center doing strength and ankle movement training on a daily basis. He even did a post thank the staff the day he left the center and could start training on the field with the ball.

Personally I do think he would like a move away, but there is nothing to suggest that he is being anything but professional while he is still here.

Edit: typos.

Infra-red

It would have been easier for us to just have hired Conte, half the squad consists/consisted of players he would have loved here
Conte & Marotta double hire was my preference in summer 2018. Instead, we limped into the season with Mourinho still at the helm, wrote off the entire campaign and have been largely shite ever since.

Another masterstroke from Ed and the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.