Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mandzukic terminates his contract with Juventus and joins Al Duhail from Qatar.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Based off the tweet itself. “Transfer strategy already working,” then failing to sign our target. Just having some fun.
The transfer strategy, working/not working, isn't based on transfers we've missed out on. It's based on the profile of player being targeted.

Red_toad

Dybala didnt want to be here, Haaland didnt want to be here - De Ligt we fecked up on our own
Dybala agreed a contract, his image rights broke the deal, same as it did with Spurs. Haaland I’ve no idea, but his agents advisor is a snake, same with De Ligt, but he only wanted a Champions league club, so we were automatically out.

Un4givableB

That is the facts. An agent negotiates the terms on a players behalf, not against the players wishes from my understanding. That's why I keep questioning why fans think we will have any credible chance at landing Sancho. He'll have a pick of Europe's best clubs, the same way Dembele and Mbappe did. Haaland had a slightly lower pick of the bunch (if rumours are to be believed) and we couldn't get it over the line.

If Solskjaer is in the job until summer we will see why the importance of managerial pull still accounts for much when the club's circumstances are detestable. We actively tried for De Ligt, Dybala, Haaland and I'm sure the list will continue as time prolongs itself. It's more of a reality check for us then anything else. The only other platform for success is coaching players into a position of development such as seen with Klopp, but we don't have the coaching staff to turn the likes of a Mane / Salah into the world's best from being decent level performers.
100%

If De Ligt or Haaland wanted to be here they would be, the agent would structure a deal that would get them here, the buyout clause thing is just face saving PR spin.

Spinning half the fan base is about the only thing Woodward is really great at doing.

GBBQ

100%

If De Ligt or Haaland wanted to be here they would be, the agent would structure a deal that would get them here, the buyout clause thing is just face saving PR spin.

Spinning half the fan base is about the only thing Woodward is really great at doing.
Face saving PR spin that a player who left RB Salzburg for a lot less than his expected market value due to a low buyout clause would look to have a similar exit option in his next contract with his new team? Its very much believable and a player who has the foresight to put that in his contract when leaving Molde is surely not going to risk being held captive by the next team he moves to (especially when they benefited from the buyout clause already). Raiola would be sure to point out the difficulties that Pogba is having in terms of moving because we're in a strong negotiating position. Whether its Raiola or his father advising him, he clearly has a career plan which means he doesn't need to stay at any single club any longer than he needs to.

Spin would be telling us that we didn't want to hinder the development of our 3 young strikers in form.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He made a good decision for me. Dortmund have a good name for developing young players. Fair fecks for not just taking the highest offer.

Best of luck to him.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
And for those ready for muppet breakdown, better players than Haaland and Dybala have turned us down in the past.

Give your tickers a break :)

Litch

And for those ready for muppet breakdown, better players than Haaland and Dybala have turned us down in the past.

Give your tickers a break :)
Agree. Good players turn every team down including those who have then chosen us over them. Our problem as it's always been, we show any interest in a player, it gets played out then it public so everyone is aware of the saga. I'm sure people's frustrations are more about the need for new players than sometimes whether it's the right ones. This lad wasn't going to turn us into a top 4 side this season anyway......

red thru&thru

Can't believe some are getting their knickers in a twist by not signing Haaland. We had been making these kind of errors over the past 6 years or so under Ed and now it's reassuring that we're not.

We got our targets over the years, outspent our competitors for the signing and didn't exactly turn out great for us.

Like the one guy says, if Haaland and De Ligt wanted to be here, they would. They wouldn't need the like of Raiola doing what Raiola does. I wanted Haaland here but I'm glad he's not here if he didn't want to be here.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I have always liked Rojo. Not the best player by any means but has that killer attitude that is needed. Shame he is made of glass and can't stay fit. The sensible thing for both parties would be to move along.

Judas

Open to offers
I enjoy the fact Rojo is a crazy bastard, our players have often been a bit too safe and placid for my liking the last few years, short of character on the pitch.

peridigm

I know nothing about him, but he's young and if we can get him on loan with an option to buy, it seems like a no brainer.
Thought he looked tiny in the photos. Looked him up and apparently he’s 6’ and 150lbs. That is very thin.

RedDevilRoshi

I know nothing about him, but he's young and if we can get him on loan with an option to buy, it seems like a no brainer.
I’m intrigued to know how he has fallen out of favour with the Benfica head coach over there? Is it because he’s been poor on the pitch or demanding a move?

I’ve never seen him play before, so interested to hear what our Portuguese followers make of him and if he is good enough to make the step up here?

Rolaholic

He made a good decision for me. Dortmund have a good name for developing young players. Fair fecks for not just taking the highest offer.

Best of luck to him.
Absolutley, they've become somewhat of a factory for young wunderkinds/prospects so it's a smart move on his part.

Especially given their success in recent years when it comes to forwards,strikers like Lewa and Aubameyang developed into world class stars for them and wingers like Dembele, Sancho and Pulisic have also grown into some of the most sought after attackers in Europe.

Dortmund is near the top of the list when it comes to turning young prodigies into elite players so he could've done much much worse in choosing a new club

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
All th

That headline makes it sound worse than it is, I've literally just watched Raila's phone interview with sky and he has done nothing of the sort
He was nothing but complementary about utd and polite
Absolute clickbait shite
Who cares about the truth, let's shit on Ed and Ole for absolutely nothing.

Rolaholic

All th

That headline makes it sound worse than it is, I've literally just watched Raila's phone interview with sky and he has done nothing of the sort
He was nothing but complementary about utd and polite
Absolute clickbait shite
Exactly but the clickbait media will always paint their self made narratives to paint the club in a negative light.

Raiola said nothing insulting or controversial. He even downplayed any potential issues between him and Woodward as false

Eric's Seagull

Exactly but the clickbait media will always paint their self made narratives to paint the club in a negative light.

Raiola said nothing insulting or controversial. He even downplayed any potential issues between him and Woodward as false
If there were any potential issues between Raiola. I don't think that Raiola would mention this in the media to sour his relations with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.