Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I have a feeling we have been here before though.
We haven’t been quite here. This sounds pretty advanced and I’m not sure the rumours were ever that strong. Certainly not officials being in London etc. Although I wouldn’t be surprised for some of the English journos to come out with the usual cold water treatment.
I'm pretty sure we got to this exact stage last summer, when everyone was tracking flights.

Baneofthegame

€70-80m gets you Ruiz this month? Man we should snap call for up to €100m for this guy especially in this notoriously difficult window & with our midfield shortage
Much sooner sink 70 into Ruiz than Fernandes, he’d never come here though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I'm pretty sure we got to this exact stage last summer, when everyone was tracking flights.
Nah it definitely wasn’t this intense. At any point. Not saying it’s happening but this is really strong from Portugal right now.

Judas

Open to offers
This feel more real than it ever did in the summer. The quickness its all happened and being reported is totally different to the tedious drip drip drip bullshit we had back then.

pascell

We haven’t been quite here. This sounds pretty advanced and I’m not sure the rumours were ever that strong. Certainly not officials being in London etc. Although I wouldn’t be surprised for some of the English journos to come out with the usual cold water treatment.
We had it all in the summer with Sporting 'officials' in Manchester and London to negotiate with United and Spurs for the transfer but none of that happened. They're just trying to drum up interest in him and using our name to do that.

Judas

Open to offers
We had it all in the summer with Sporting 'officials' in Manchester and London to negotiate with United and Spurs for the transfer but none of that happened. They're just trying to drum up interest in him and using our name to do that.
Never felt even slightly real or believable to me in the summer, I never bought into it. Maybe I'm just more desperate now though, but this seems different to me.

manuchamp88

What bollocks. All based on assumptions based on assumptions. Who says he's there to scout Bruno? Who says we want to get Bruno in January? Maybe he's there to scout a completely different player who we're going to target in summer.
I did say "or whoever"...don't care if it's Bruno Fernandes or Bruno Mars. They've got to be better than the clowns we have in midfield and we need someone in now, not in the summer.
Anyway, United aren't exactly known to be competent enough to forward plan and suddenly out come the Bruno links after scouting a Sporting game. Now tell me what's more likely?

pascell

Never felt even slightly real or believable to me in the summer, I never bought into it. Maybe I'm just more desperate now though, but this seems different to me.
We were desperate in the summer also as a club to move the squad forward and add depth after losing Herrera, that never happened.

Seems same old Sporting trying to find a buyer, we won't drop €70m on Fernandes when we'll try and go for Maddison or Grealish in summer.

ArjenIsM3

I did say "or whoever"...don't care if it's Bruno Fernandes or Bruno Mars. They've got to be better than the clowns we have in midfield and we need someone in now, not in the summer.
Anyway, United aren't exactly known to be competent enough to forward plan and suddenly out come the Bruno links after scouting a Sporting game. Now tell me what's more likely?
What's more likely is that even if we're in for Bruno Fernandes the Ole visit was just a final check. We've been linked with him for ages.

P-Nut

This is how I remember it as well

P-Nut

prateik

All the scouting news is bs. All the scouting, if we were interested in signing anyone in Jan, would have been done by now.

2E_MUFC

Wasn’t sure if Fernandes is all that in summer and I’m still not convinced he will do it the prem, but we need players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why wouldn't you do this before the window.
Scouts have most likely been watching every game he's played in this season. This visit might be similar to the Ole, Phelan scouting trip to watch Fernandes.

Status
Not open for further replies.