Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not sure who City have spent 100 million on to be honest, I can't recall any off the top of my head...

Their squad is mainly containing players they spent big amounts on when big amounts were 40/50 million. They'll have to start replacing the likes of Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho etc and it will be interesting to see who they get and for what prices.

Regarding Maguire, yes, I'm sure there are but I don't think we sat and thought 'need a ball playing defender, a ball playing one, hmmmm, who can play the ball...... Maguire!'.

Yea, he's comfortable on the ball which I'm sure was an important atreivute but his whole profile will have been a huge draw for us. Premier league experienced, English, great age, already knows the likes of Rashford and has good leadership qualities. When you're looking for a whole package and then throw in who clubs would be willing to sell, who wanted to come to us this past summer and you start to narrow down your options. We were clearly wanting Koulibaly for example, possibly still do but that deal just wasn't happening.

I believe the club when they say they're looking to build a culture and harmony within the squad. I don't know what you do for a living and if it involves managing teams of people but that's all I've done and I'm very, very good at it and that culture, team spirit/ethic and bond is huge. We've clearly not had that over the last 6 or so years. We've just looked like little pockets of cliques.

I don't feel many centre backs with all fo the qualities Maguire has and brings in were available to us in the Summer. He was all of the above and pretty risk free. We knew 80 million is crazy money but he wasn't likely to completely flop and struggle. Even if we went for someone from Europe at a lower cost, you start then increasing the risk of then struggling as well as possibly stripping back some of the above attributes that I feel we wanted.

Who would you have had instead? It certainly doesn't appear Harry was our absolute first choice and only player we wanted but we can't just buy players like some on here seem to think. They're human beings with lives and families, varying ambitions and motivations in their lives. Plenty of players simply wouldn't want to up and move to Manchester. Just to use Koulibaly again, he seems very settled over there. Even if Napoli accepted an offer, which it doesn't appear they did, its perfectly reasonable to accept that he would have preferred to stay. Unless Napoli wanted to force him out, what do you do in that situation? All the while the clock is ticking and you've spent time and resources negotiating with Napoli, possibly letting other targets go and possibly meaning you're having to hang fire on letting a player go whilst you line up a transfer.

I know from experience how easy it is to sit and be an expert on someone else's job when you don't actually have to do it. Everyone is an expert but funnily enough none of them work in football.... I wonder why?
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I am not sure my response warranted such a snooty attitude ridden response. But i'll bite

First of all i said IF there as a 100M player that matched city's profile they would go and buy that player. Also they have spent wisely which is actually better

Yes Maguire is a decent buy but not worth 80M regardless of what you say his qualities are. Also we could have got him for 65 the previous season but hey at that time Maguire wasn't a good ball playing defender yet i guess!. Also you are saying that there is no one in the talent of maguire we could have got? what is the point of our world class 60+ scouts then?

You can be a world class manager of teams or whatever you manage, but we are not talking about personal achievements here so take that away from future conversations.

Again i am not sure why you are upset with my comments on Maguire? If i could identity and find players better than him then what is our management doing? we are fans and we see what is in front of us agreed but even you should see that our transfer business is shambles!
I come here for tweets not fecking essays.

Have a word with yourselves.

prateik

What are the odds of bruno not signing for us? Is anyone taking bets on that? Free money.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Knows nothing. Intentionally vague statement that covers him if it goes ahead or if it doesn’t.

If it doesn’t: ‘Official proposal not deemed to be enough’

Classic MUFC dragging their heels yet again. I’ve seen faster deals in a fecking care home

nainaisson

Knows nothing. Intentionally vague statement that covers him if it goes ahead or if it doesn’t.

If it doesn’t: ‘Official proposal not deemed to be enough’

Classic MUFC dragging their heels yet again. I’ve seen faster deals in a fecking care home
He was right about Maguire playing against Norwich when all of the "reputable" journalists were saying he'd be out for a few weeks with a muscle tear.

Hoof the ball

What's the deal with Llorente? I'm getting red flags with both Madrid and Atletico passing on him. He can't get games for Atletico now. There has to be something lacking in him at that level; it'd be great scouting if we managed to get something out of him that they couldn't and it was simply just a lack of playing time and/or wrong tactical fit.

dev1l

What's the deal with Llorente? I'm getting red flags with both Madrid and Atletico passing on him. He can't get games for Atletico now. There has to be something lacking in him at that level; it'd be great scouting if we managed to get something out of him that they couldn't and it was simply just a lack of playing time and/or wrong tactical fit.
Don't worry we re still in the "considering" phase :)

Infra-red

Don't know what happened at Real, but the reason he has struggled at Atletico is because he's not suited to their system. To be fair, Rodri had similar difficulties - Simeone doesn't really play with a true 'anchor' in his midfield system.

Status
Not open for further replies.