Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Not the first time we have included that type of clause, but the situation we are in they are ridiculous and to be honest a bit arrogant.
Not even sure when we'll next play in the Champions League, nevermind be in with a reasonable chance of winning it. Can understand Sporting's reservations.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not even sure when we'll next play in the Champions League, nevermind be in with a reasonable chance of winning it. Can understand Sporting's reservations.
Should be geared towards goals, appearances and assists, then league positions and things like cups. It will be a long time before we challenge for the league.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I’d add that he’s the one ontrol of his destiny.
Yes he is talented but so are a handful of others in the age group lower. We will always have talented youngsters.
Has he taken his opportunity? No. Most of the time he’s looked nervous and unsure. He should have scored an easy tap in against Astana.

He allegedly turned down a loan move. Why? We will never know.However, it may have benefited him long term.

He’s the one stalling on a contract I believe. Does he think Utd owe him a living? If you don’t take your chance here then Utd will do its best to find you another club.
If the grass is greener elsewhere then we can’t stand in his way.
If it is Juve then brilliant. I’ll be happy for him. What I do know is that this club will move on.

Personally I’m far more convinced by Mejbri, Hoogwerf and a couple of others
Disagree entirely,
Our 'cultural reboot' has been aimed around blooding youth and hungry young players, Chong fits into this category, he turned down a loan to claim a first team spot here.
Pointless in giving up in these players after a handful of sub apps in games whereby it's difficult to make an impact.

Red_toad

Not the first time we have included that type of clause, but the situation we are in they are ridiculous and to be honest a bit arrogant.
Arrogant for wanting to pay a fair market value for a player? They’ve been trying to flog him forever and no a single sniff of anyone wanting to pay over £50 million outright for him. Long may we continue to be arrogant.

C3Pique

I'm waiting for the briefed 'Man Utd have no interest in signing Bruno Fernandes and are baffled by their links to him in the media' tweets

cyberman

Those clauses are always unrealistic. If Sporting dont think he can help get us there then he isnt an 80m player anyway.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Arrogant for wanting to pay a fair market value for a player? They’ve been trying to flog him forever and no a single sniff of anyone wanting to pay over £50 million outright for him. Long may we continue to be arrogant.
A winning the CL clause would be daft. Him winning a Balon D'or clause is stupid. They put loads of clauses in that they know will not be met. I am still waiting for Martial to win the Balon D'or. Make them reachable clauses, which funny enough might mean we actually qualify for the CL, we have to at least do that before we can win it.

TheReligion

Abusive
A winning the CL clause would be daft. Him winning a Balon D'or clause is stupid. They put loads of clauses in that they know will not be met. I am still waiting for Martial to win the Balon D'or. Make them reachable clauses, which funny enough might mean we actually qualify for the CL, we have to at least do that before we can win it.
Point taken about the CL clause but don't see the issue with the Balon one. It's smart from United to add such clauses.

Josep Dowling

Point taken about the CL clause but don't see the issue with the Balon one. It's smart from United to add such clauses.
Clauses have to be realistic. He’s a good player but Ballon d’or winner material especially with us? Not a chance.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I agree with this - they're in need of the money, yet they're keeping hold of a player by demanding a ridiculous fee, fact of the matter is no one was going to pay 80m for him in the summer then no one is going to do so now, we've actually been kind enough to entertain the idea of paying that much by adding a clause.

If Sporting actually thought he was an 80m player then they'd agree to the Balon Do'r clause as they would be confident of him getting there, alas they're not.

Anustart89

Any clause that United deem is smart to insert is one that Sporting, per definition, will find stupid and bad.

I mean, you could offer them £1m up front and £600m after he scores five hundred goals, which would be smart business by United, but why would Sporting accept that?

NJM78

If Sporting actually thought he was an 80m player then they'd agree to the Balon Do'r clause as they would be confident of him getting there, alas they're not.

@yumtum is correct
So any players costing up to £68m after clauses (realistic ones, not ones like us winning the CL) have to be potential Balon Do'r winners...

So if we sign Madison from Leicester they will happily take an add on clause about him being the future best player in the world?

Dan_F

Should just add a clause like 10 million after 200/250 appearances. If he stays 5 seasons then he’s clearly worth the extra.

Velvet Revolver

So any players costing up to £68m after clauses (realistic ones, not ones like us winning the CL) have to be potential Balon Do'r winners...

So if we sign Madison from Leicester they will happily take an add on clause about him being the future best player in the world?
isn't that ironic too? if a player can win a balon d'or in a few years then obviously his transfer fee should be more considering the potential.

M4YON

I know people think we are stingy and we need to pay up but to double a players valuation like that off the back of nothing is ludicrous.

They risk doing a Napoli and regretting not cashing in on there star player (Koulibaly).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I know people think we are stingy and we need to pay up but to double a players valuation like that off the back of nothing is ludicrous.

They risk doing a Napoli and regretting not cashing in on there star player (Koulibaly).
I think ultimately Fernandes will have to push for the move.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Inter wanted 50M and left a deal haggling over 5M for Perisic, now they are loaning him out to Bayern and last week Bayern refused the option to buy him for 17M. They can't use him either as Conte doesn't rate him. Sporting can do one as well.

AaronRedDevil

As much as I want United to get him. They can get fecked.

Hoof the ball

This is precisely why waiting until January to negotiate was a mistake. If we had a pre-arranged price prior to Pogba and McTominay being ruled out mid-to-long term then they wouldn't have played such hardball on the valuation. Now they know we're desperate and they're hiking the price because there's a chance we'll capitulate.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

So basically they wanted £39m in the summer, and we're offering them an overall package of £60m 5 months later? We're run by imbecils if that's at all true.

Also Sporting suddenly wanting £68m means they'll quickly run out of suitors as were9the only ones actually nibbling.

Seems both clubs aren't the smartest.

M4YON

So basically they wanted £39m in the summer, and we're offering them an overall package of £60m 5 months later? We're run by imbecils if that's at all true.

Also Sporting suddenly wanting £68m means they'll quickly run out of suitors as were9the only ones actually nibbling.

Seems both clubs aren't the smartest.
The bonuses are unrealistic believe winning the Ballon d'or and champions league are amongst those which is why Sporting aren't happy with that structure.

Still £47million and 17 in bonuses is the best they'll get from us I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.