Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The bonuses are unrealistic believe winning the Ballon d'or and champions league are amongst those which is why Sporting aren't happy with that structure.

Still £47million and 17 in bonuses is the best they'll get from us I think.
Well exactly, they wanted 39m in the summer, so anything above that should be acceptable regardless, the fact we're even being generous enough to offer another 17m in bonuses should be welcomed by then.

Stretch

So basically they wanted £39m in the summer, and we're offering them an overall package of £60m 5 months later? We're run by imbecils if that's at all true.

Also Sporting suddenly wanting £68m means they'll quickly run out of suitors as were9the only ones actually nibbling.

Seems both clubs aren't the smartest.
Sporting wanted way more than £39m. They rejected Spurs bid which exceeded that amount. Don’t know where Sky gets that figure from.

Varandas himself said in September:

"Tottenham [offered] €45m plus €20m in objectives - winning the English league and the Champions League. Finding these objectives difficult, I chose not to accept."

Varandas also said in July:

“What I know, a lot has been spoken of values, coming to the press, €55m, €62m… for that he doesn’t leave, for sure.”

Sporting wanted north of £75m in July according to James Ducker which to me makes sense considering Varandas’ comments and United's hesitation to bid then. United decided to move for him now that Sporting approached United only for them to go back to their original price range

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
@Stretch I did say in my initial post that if the report was true - I'm dubious of every news article that gets published, let alone football ones.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Indeed you did. Just needed to post that here for clarity as it’s being taken as gospel in the Bruno thread.
Makes sense, I just couldn't be bothered to google what the offer from Tottenham was.

For what it's worth, again, if we have offered a package of 60m I think Sporting would be mad to reject it, it's clear that no other team are in for him so they either keep him until the end of his contract, or sell him for a very good profit.

I think this transfer will get done, just maybe on the last day of the window.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
This is precisely why waiting until January to negotiate was a mistake. If we had a pre-arranged price prior to Pogba and McTominay being ruled out mid-to-long term then they wouldn't have played such hardball on the valuation. Now they know we're desperate and they're hiking the price because there's a chance we'll capitulate.
Is it? Cash strapped Sporting who are risking that same player getting injured? I actually think United are doing the right thing because their is no competition for him unlike the summer. It is just us. Now we are playing the game of, how big are sportings balls and can they accept the risk that he gets injured in the second half of the season and completely derailing any sale in the summer.

They're hiking the price because they're trying to get other teams involved. They're keeping us at arms length in case somebody else comes along and it creates a bidding wall.

Godfather

Yeah that won't happen. We'll sign feck all in Jan despite the horrific state our squad is in. Hats off to you Ed Cuntward.

Godfather

so you want Utd to pay a massively inflates fee for Bruno? No thanks.
I don't give a rats arse what we pay for him. Heck we are being taken to the shitters every freaking time. I mean we payed 80 mill for Maguire. But now all of a sudden it's a huge problem for our fanbase when we have absolutely no one to even decently play in the #10 position? We need him we need him now and we need even more. It was always going to be expensive to rebuild this shithouse of a squad.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't give a rats arse what we pay for him. Heck we are being taken to the shitters every freaking time. I mean we payed 80 mill for Maguire. But now all of a sudden it's a huge problem for our fanbase when we have absolutely no one to even decently play in the #10 position? We need him we need him now and we need even more. It was always going to be expensive to rebuild this shithouse of a squad.
That attitude is exactly what clubs are hoping for, then we’re taken to the cleaners

Godfather

That attitude is exactly what clubs are hoping for, then we’re taken to the cleaners
Well we are in a desperate situation that we created ourselves. Plus in the last decade we always overplayed anyway. Just that we really really really need reinforcements right know. So yeah we need to get him.

Godfather

Ya let’s just give 80 mill to Sporting. That will end well for us.
You know what will really end well for us? Another injury. Up front or in CM. Ole and Ed are responsible for this paper thin squad and teams know that. So what. Pay up we need reinforcements.

red_de_pologne

You know what will really end well for us? Another injury. Up front or in CM. Ole and Ed are responsible for this paper thin squad and teams know that. So what. Pay up we need reinforcements.
Do people really believe he said, no guys don't buy any replacements for Lukaku, Herrera, Fellaini, Sanchez, Smalling, we'll be fine, I'll just play some youths.

He certainly wanted reinforcements but the club is unwilling to spend required amounts apparently. What's his alternative, quit?

Godfather

Do people really believe he said, no guys don't buy any replacements for Lukaku, Herrera, Fellaini, Sanchez, Smalling, we'll be fine, I'll just play some youths.

He certainly wanted reinforcements but the club is unwilling to spend required amounts apparently. What's his alternative, quit?
His alternative would have been to keep some of these guys around simple. Can't seLl half a team without fixing the replacements first. That's crazy and really really bad squad planning. And of course now we are getting taken to the cleaners by clubs. What do you think a Sancho will cost or a Maddison or a Grealish? We won't get players for discount prices this whole discussion is a farce. If our club is not willing to pay top prices for great talents then we can just shut down altogether.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The transfer window is cancelled it seems. Absolutely unreal how we end up in these situations. Shambles of a club.
Woodward later got pelters for the Sanchez deal (even though he was the best thing to happen to United at the time), is now getting stick for forking out on Maguire and is now getting abuse for not bending over (if reports are to be believed) for Fernandes.

People need to make their minds up.

Judas

Open to offers
Woodward later got pelters for the Sanchez deal (even though he was the best thing to happen to United at the time), is now getting stick for forking out on Maguire and is now getting abuse for not bending over (if reports are to be believed) for Fernandes.

People need to make their minds up.
I think people have made their mind up that Woodward is inept.

spaceboyRSA

I think with woodward, after some of the shockers he signed off on, it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.

The first problem is that's the wrong approach to take. You learn your lesson and move on.

The second problem is he is a w@nker.

Red00012

they are desperate to sell. Not surprised that our boy Judge cant bring the price down to a certain level.
I think they will reach a deal (probably the last day ) which will suit Sporting as they may get 2 more games from him. They need the money but does anyone know do they need it immediately or will the summer do ?

Also with the euros been on and he grabs a few goals he may be difficult to get .

red_de_pologne

His alternative would have been to keep some of these guys around simple. Can't seLl half a team without fixing the replacements first. That's crazy and really really bad squad planning. And of course now we are getting taken to the cleaners by clubs. What do you think a Sancho will cost or a Maddison or a Grealish? We won't get players for discount prices this whole discussion is a farce. If our club is not willing to pay top prices for great talents then we can just shut down altogether.
Agree just don't think it's Ole's decisions.

Red00012

I hope your 9-5 doesn’t entail negotiation.

Godfather

I hope your 9-5 doesn’t entail negotiation.
Really showed it to me there big boy. There are some posters on here worth having discussions with. You sure are not one of them. Absolutely senseless responses. But just for the sake of it: It's a little dreamland you live in when you think we will get top players for discount prices. Especially not in the situation we are in.
And if you look closer to our recent transfers you will see that it always took us ages to get our targets. We made it all very public and eventually payed over the odds anyway. The only exception were players unheard of for most like Dan James. So yeah we better make our mind up quick. We either pay up or look for alternatives. I mean we have been after the guy since the summer. More than enough time to get this mess sorted

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I think people have made their mind up that Woodward is inept.

Yes of course. He'll sign the player that everybody is screaming out for at an inflated price and salary. Said player will turn to shit and blame will once again be firmly landed on his doorstep.

Godfather

Yes of course. He'll sign the player that everybody is screaming out for at an inflated price and salary. Said player will turn to shit and blame will once again be firmly landed on his doorstep.
Yeah well that's the risk of his job isn't it. With that logic he better doesn't sign any players anymore. I mean they could turn out shit and criticism might be aimed at him! Although this seems to be our all brand new transfer strategy anyway. Get rid off the deadwood and yeah that's it. No need for replacements.

Red00012

Really showed it to me there big boy. There are some posters on here worth having discussions with. You sure are not one of them. Absolutely senseless responses. But just for the sake of it: It's a little dreamland you live in when you think we will get top players for discount prices. Especially not in the situation we are in.
And if you look closer to our recent transfers you will see that it always took us ages to get our targets. We made it all very public and eventually payed over the odds anyway. The only exception were players unheard of for most like Dan James. So yeah we better make our mind up quick. We either pay up or look for alternatives. I mean we have been after the guy since the summer. More than enough time to get this mess sorted
Ya ok, you keep on moaning about everything the club does, perhaps supporting Liverpool might suit you better.
Ignore option accepted.

Infra-red

The club need to strengthen this window, even if it means overpaying to do it. That doesn't necessarily mean buying Fernandes, specifically, but there absolutely has to be reinforcements.

Any and all post-window criticism levelled at the club if they fail to do this, will be entirely deserved.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
3 weeks in.. what the feck are we doing? Nothing again?
Well Woodward and Judge obviously take their summer vacations during the summer window and winter vacations in during January window.

The only way that explains is being lethargic during transfer windows.

On a more serious note, no doubt these guys have a little bit of intelligence due to their positions, but shouldnt someone tell them that they're allowed to do the ground work for transfers any time of year and the actual windows are for player registrations? We seem to be the only club hamstrung by this.

Josep Dowling

The thing is the club should have got him in the summer when he was available. Once again Woodward delayed the transfer to ‘negotiate’ but the price has gone up every time. He’s done it with Fellaini, Herrera and Maguire.

Another club would have 3/4 realistic targets for each position. If the first target is difficult too capture you move on. We just wait and wait and wait, what’s the point? Surely Sporting would have quoted the price from the very beginning. Reports the price have now gone up is bollocks, they are all back tracking because they reported the transfer and now its not going to happen they need an excuse.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well Woodward and Judge obviously take their summer vacations during the summer window and winter vacations in during January window.

The only way that explains is being lethargic during transfer windows.

On a more serious note, no doubt these guys have a little bit of intelligence due to their positions, but shouldnt someone tell them that they're allowed to do the ground work for transfers any time of year and the actual windows are for player registrations? We seem to be the only club hamstrung by this.
The thing is the club should have got him in the summer when he was available. Once again Woodward delayed the transfer to ‘negotiate’ but the price has gone up every time. He’s done it with Fellaini, Herrera and Maguire.

Another club would have 3/4 realistic targets for each position. If the first target is difficult too capture you move on. We just wait and wait and wait, what’s the point? Surely Sporting would have quoted the price from the very beginning. Reports the price have now gone up is bollocks, they are all back tracking because they reported the transfer and now its not going to happen they need an excuse.
Funny how everyone always has that insider knowledge on United's business dealings. I obviously don't know the right people.

Only Liverpool, Palace and Spurs have signed anyone of note so far in January and two of those are loans.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah well that's the risk of his job isn't it. With that logic he better doesn't sign any players anymore. I mean they could turn out shit and criticism might be aimed at him! Although this seems to be our all brand new transfer strategy anyway. Get rid off the deadwood and yeah that's it. No need for replacements.
Nobody's arguing we need replacements. And the board are not that ignorant either. But why should they be shafted every time they go in for a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.