Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not sure where to put it, but was at an event where someone with ties to Madrid says we're asking about Jovic on loan

Varun1

We "protect our asset" with Jones but we will lose Chong and maybe Gomes? Great piece of business
In many cases, we activated our right to extend the player's contract. How do you expect us to do that with Chong and Gomes? Do people expect us to throw money at these youth players to then create another problem down the line when every youth player wants a similar contract!

As for Darmian, does anyone know if we had sell-on percentage clause? Am guessing we did since Parma got him for so cheap. But then I find certain transfers between Italian clubs very shady so Inter may have a workaround: maybe a player swap for Politano.

Januzaj is being linked to Roma, do we have a sell-on clause on his transfer too?

Josep Dowling

Not sure where to put it, but was at an event where someone with ties to Madrid says we're asking about Jovic on loan
I think it would be a good move all round and for that reason I can’t see the club doing it. To not bring in a single player this window with injuries and lack of squad depth anyway just shows the lack of ambition the board has. Top 4 is in sight but Ole needs some help. Surely getting two players in now to give us a much better change of qualifying for the Champions League makes business sense as well as football sense.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I find it very difficult to believe that this is true. Nobody prioritizes a big money move for a 16 year old kid while the first team squad is paper thin and falling apart.
Man Utd: "Hold my beer!"

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I find it very difficult to believe that this is true. Nobody prioritizes a big money move for a 16 year old kid while the first team squad is paper thin and falling apart.
Good clubs tend to look beyond the next 5 games, particularly when it comes to investing money in the transfer market.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Is there a reason as to why we can't do both?

No.

Especially since we looked at Dembele and Soumare tonight

M4YON

That's what we need. Sending our scouts out on the 21st January to scramble some last minute dossier.
We had already been linked to both Dembele several times indicating we've scouted them before. More likely someone closer to Oles team is scouting them now.

croadyman

I think it would be a good move all round and for that reason I can’t see the club doing it. To not bring in a single player this window with injuries and lack of squad depth anyway just shows the lack of ambition the board has. Top 4 is in sight but Ole needs some help. Surely getting two players in now to give us a much better change of qualifying for the Champions League makes business sense as well as football sense.
There might just be something in it as he was on Paul Hirst from The Times list too,would be better option than Cavani in my opinion but like you say Utd don't do sensible.

SaboTaj

I reckon these journalists are sourcing their rumoured transfer figures from Football Manager 2020 (the game). It takes around about 25-30 (or that’s what Birmingham demands for) in the game too to get him this season.

sparx99

Deals arent made one at a time?
There were numerous stories last summer that we operate exactly in that way. It came out we were working on AWB before moving onto Maguire etc. We are the only club in football who can’t do deals in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.