Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Bullshit.

Says Sporting want £55m but we value the player at more like £40m.

So... we know they turned down £45m from Spurs in the Summer, and we also paid £50m for Fred 18 months ago.

But we value Bruno at £40m.

:houllier:

Stealing a living these journos.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't see Chong making it in any major league, based on what I've seen. If he thinks he deserves better, wish him luck, send him on his way.

romufc

I don't see Chong making it in any major league, based on what I've seen. If he thinks he deserves better, wish him luck, send him on his way.
Exactly, if he looks at the United situation, if he cannot get into this United team, he will not be getting in at any big team.

We have a shortage of players, so this would be the perfect place to make a name.

It is quite clear he is not good enough and doesn't have the drive to try and be successful here.

prateik

Chong is moving on.
What does that mean? Ole doesnt rate him?

Or Ole wants him to stay but the leadership doesnt want to pay the wages Chong supposedly wants?

If the numbers posted yesterday of his demands from Inter were anywhere close to true, I can see why we wont offer him that contract.. What was it.. 2m euros post tax and goes up 1m each year? What's that? About £50k /week? and going up £25k each year..

He wont even get a third of that at the moment at United.. and that's just the first years wages..

madness.

ArjenIsM3

Or Ole wants him to stay but the leadership doesnt want to pay the wages Chong supposedly wants?

If the numbers posted yesterday of his demands from Inter were anywhere close to true, I can see why we wont offer him that contract.. What was it.. 2m euros post tax and goes up 1m each year? What's that? About £50k /week? and going up £25k each year..

He wont even get a third of that at the moment at United.. and that's just the first years wages..

madness.
Dutch outlets reporting Ole doesn't rate him while the leadership does. Ole working against the board on this one.

Judas

Open to offers
Chong hasn't exactly been hard done by, Ole has given him plenty of chances and he's not taken a single one. He looked alright in his last appearance for us, but miles off the standard we need. I'd be surprised if we regretted selling him, he needs a lot of work.

lsd

The Oracle
He starts to sound a bit like a mouthpiece for Woodward and the Glazers.

He is exactly right. No sane person would want to sign a player paying way over the odds and allowing the players agent to move the player onto the next club whenever he feels like it

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So we're after Bruno and Bellingham - I'm confident we'll have both (with Bellingham loaned back) by the end of the window.

NJM78

Can't wait for this window to end. It's bad enough watching United these days on the pitch let alone off it.

HJ12

Dutch outlets reporting Ole doesn't rate him while the leadership does. Ole working against the board on this one.
This is what his agent is feeding the Dutch press though. If Ole didn't think he was good enough, he wouldn't be getting the chances he has. To me it looks like PR from Chong's agent so he doesn't come across as chasing the money that Inter are rumoured to be offering.

Mihai

madness.
Agree. This is how i see it based on the comments in the tweet.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wish we had a count down timer on the transfer window so we can all rest easy knowing that another window will close soon without us addressing shortcomings and continuing to sell players for next to zilch while the squad is already as thin as can be.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona want Rodrigo.First offer: loan + 40m€ obligatory purchase option

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ole has actually given him plenty of chances and he's not really shown anything to make me doubt his judgement on this one. He should have gone out on loan.
Exactly, if he looks at the United situation, if he cannot get into this United team, he will not be getting in at any big team.
We have a shortage of players, so this would be the perfect place to make a name.
It is quite clear he is not good enough and doesn't have the drive to try and be successful here.
I have a feeling Chong is a later developer and will come good eventually, though possibly not in the very physical EPL. He looks very 'gangly' at the moment and needs to fill out with more weight and muscle. And he also needs to improve his decision making, which will come with more experience. If he wanted a future at Old Trafford, he should have asked for a loan.

But if he wants first team football, he doesn't deserve that at our club right now. And as stated above, if he cant get that right now, given our lack of quality and depth, then he is quite far off elite level.

theklr

Well none of those other clubs are that fussed, clearly.
Nope. And with Bruno’s motivation probably getting a hit for beiing denied a transfer yet again , combined with Sportings downward form and a lot less desperate clubs in the summer, I dont think they will get anything near whatever sum we are negotiating at the moment.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

lifted from duncs podcast. That would be very interesting for a lot of teams who need a striker.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I wouldn't be surprised if Bruno is still a Sporting player at the end of the next window too, there's something odd about the whole thing really.
Looking likely he'll be there until the summer now tbh. Can't imagine any deal is close if he's still playing and captaining the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.