Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBBQ

Guessing this just slipped everyone by, from Orny.
The squad was threadbare and inconsistent before we let Young go and Rashford got injured. We could lose Rojo to Estudiantes and Gomes and Chong may also both effectively be on their way out as well by the close of the window so there is no long term benefit in blooding them for the rest of the season. And if you don't trust them to start against Tranmere and give your only recognised striker a break then when will you trust them to do the job. Speaking of which, we're one injury to (injury prone) Martial away to relying on Greenwood as our main striker.

If this is true then it must be a sign that we're not planning on having Ole here next season because no manager in their right mind would sanction these sales/loans and have these injuries and still remain adamant that they wont buy anyone. Given the fact we have cleared a significant amount off the wage bill and have had a low net spend in the past couple of seasons there's just no justification not to bring in someone to help get us over the line. Definitely doesn't seem worth haggling over a small amount for Fernandes if he is someone we are interested in.

beingshe7don

Every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that we need signings and more than one. If Ole does not fight with the board and demand that signings happen in wake of the injuries that we've had and more so since we've depended on Rashford to carry us this season so far, I think that's in itself is a sackable offense because you've got to have a strong spine as a manager as well as the team that you put out on the pitch.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Not really slipped anyone by. A completely on the fence opinion made by someone in an article/podcast as opposed to a stand alone story. He hasn't made a story about it or even said we will or won't buy anyone. As per, it's UtdReport taking snippets from things in order to get RT's.

Yet people respond as though Ornstein has written a headline article on the BBC saying 'UTD WILL BUY NOBODY' just ridiculous.

sparx99

Why wouldn't January be counted as one? Nothing ever happens?

I will name a few for your information.

Laporte, VVD, Suarez, Alexis, Aubameyang, Haland, Dani Olmo

Extending a summer window by a week would make no difference at all.
Torres, Evra, Vidic

KristianMackle

No surprises here. I will be incredibly surprised if we got Bruno this transfer window. Maybe a cheap short term option striker but not a deal like Bruno Fernandes.

theklr

Every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that we need signings and more than one. If Ole does not fight with the board and demand that signings happen in wake of the injuries that we've had and more so since we've depended on Rashford to carry us this season so far, I think that's in itself is a sackable offense because you've got to have a strong spine as a manager as well as the team that you put out on the pitch.
Well, Mourinho tried that strategy...

romufc

Torres, Evra, Vidic
It is an example of fans buying the clubs narrative.

You will see in the summer, other clubs doing business early and some of us getting frustrated and some will come out with the following:

1. The player is at the Euros, he will make his decision after
2. The player is on holiday.

Excuses after excuses.

Cliche Guevara

Mate, he shifted 2 x senior midfielders and didn't bring in one player. Leaving us with a completely makeshift midfield that is one injury away (Fred) from being on it's arse. It's a completely negligent 'rebuilding' effort. You don't throw inexperienced kids into a starting 11 lacking leadership, drive and a winning mentality.
That’s no reason to be praising Inter Milan and using them as an exemplar for rebuilding though is it.

roseguy64

I read Ornstein's Monday article there and he didn't mention United once.
Yes he did. Mentioned we asked about Cavani, holding firm with our Fernandes offer and talking with other clubs other deals but there's a possibility none will be done.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

This probably will be the outcome if we can't sign Pochettino target Fernandes. I believe the club will save the transfer kitty for Pochettino for the summer window.

Zoo

According to our sources, Tottenham and Manchester United have inquired about Slimani.

Alabaster Codify7

That’s no reason to be praising Inter Milan and using them as an exemplar for rebuilding though is it.

Inter's rebuild isn't really a rebuild is it, it's Conte trying to smash and grab titles with experienced players like Jose attempted with us. So no, they aren't a good example but neither are we.

Alabaster Codify7

Christ, Slimani. You know what, I don't hate him as player. He's a decent target man, if it was a simple loan til the summer we'd have to just take it on the bloody 27th, too late to try elsewhere.

Devil81

Slimani on loan isn't a terrible option at all, he's got far more experience than some of the kids we currently have. I'd defo take him for our bench and the odd game where we're favourites.

Only as a loan option mind.

Would Leicester want to give us one of their players though, he's already on loan.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
To me we need wide players way more than we need a striker. We have Greenwood and Martial to play upfront. Who do we have in the wide forward positions? Fecking no one.

Mark Pawelek

The squad was threadbare and inconsistent before we let Young go and Rashford got injured. We could lose Rojo to Estudiantes and Gomes and Chong may also both effectively be on their way out as well by the close of the window so there is no long term benefit in blooding them for the rest of the season.
Young and Rojo should both have left United a while ago. So should a few others.

And if you don't trust them to start against Tranmere and give your only recognised striker a break then when will you trust them to do the job.
Ole didn't risk playing more than 3 kids against a hardened cynical Tranmere side on a diabolical pitch. No faulting Ole there.

Speaking of which, we're one injury to (injury prone) Martial away to relying on Greenwood as our main striker.

If this is true then it must be a sign that we're not planning on having Ole here next season because no manager in their right mind would sanction these sales/loans and have these injuries and still remain adamant that they wont buy anyone. Given the fact we have cleared a significant amount off the wage bill and have had a low net spend in the past couple of seasons there's just no justification not to bring in someone to help get us over the line. Definitely doesn't seem worth haggling over a small amount for Fernandes if he is someone we are interested in.
Fernandes is too expensive and a risk for English conditions. Better alternatives are available (Josip Ilicic).

We should recruit some players who are leaving their current club on a Bosman. Bring some more top teenagers. Buy some from the clubs who will be relegated next summer. Evidence shows that players from relegated clubs are the best value by far in the transfer market.

Doing what I advise (Bosmans / kids / relegation clubs) will allow Ole to clear the deadwood in just 1 summer.

Judas

Open to offers
To me we need wide players way more than we need a striker. We have Greenwood and Martial to play upfront. Who do we have in the wide forward positions? Fecking no one.
Martial just can't be trusted, and we shouldn't rely on Greenwood. We need a striker, wide players, and midfielders to be fair.

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree. I just it difficult to excuse not getting a midfielder. They sold Fellaini in February. We knew Herrera was leaving early in the summer.

They had ample time to sign at least one central midfielder. Having failed to do so last summer it’s beyond belief we didn’t line up a January move right away.
I don't disagree. I'm not happy with things as they are but I can certainly see progress and building even if it's not as much or as quickly as I'd love.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mate, he shifted 2 x senior midfielders and didn't bring in one player. Leaving us with a completely makeshift midfield that is one injury away (Fred) from being on it's arse. It's a completely negligent 'rebuilding' effort. You don't throw inexperienced kids into a starting 11 lacking leadership, drive and a winning mentality.
He's shifted more than two midfielders since he arrived! It's the bigger picture. The squad is being stripped down and rebuilt. Any fool can see that.

KC91

Inter's rebuild isn't really a rebuild is it, it's Conte trying to smash and grab titles with experienced players like Jose attempted with us. So no, they aren't a good example but neither are we.
I’d disagree. Inter has a solid plan in place and they have a nice core of players to build around.

Players like Brozovic, Skriniar, Barella, Sensi, De Vrij, Martinez, Lukaku, Eriksen are all key piece that they can rely on for the next 3-4 years. The additions of players like Sanchez, Godin, Young, Moses etc are needed to provide squad depth in order to compete with a team like Juventus.

With Conte and Marotta at the helm, and the backing of Suning, they are only going to continue trending upwards.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Everyone slating Slimani signing clearly are arrogant and don’t know much outside the prem.

I’m not a football genius by any means or really follow any league outside the premier, so I can’t really talk but just because he’s not well known doesnt mean he’s poor

Just checked his stats for Ligue 1

He’s played 13, 7 goals and 7 assists

Not too shabby and anything to shake your head at

GBBQ

Young and Rojo should both have left United a while ago. So should a few others.
No doubt but between them they have 27 appearances this season, so they were somewhat relied upon this season by Ole and having no replacement means more minutes for the first teamers which increases chance of injury or fatigue which is far from ideal in the run in. The fact they are both left backs and Shaw being close to a write off at this stage puts huge pressure on Williams not to put a foot wrong when he should be eased into games and learning his trade at the top level.
Ole didn't risk playing more than 3 kids against a hardened cynical Tranmere side on a diabolical pitch. No faulting Ole there.
Gomes didn't even make the bench and even if he wanted to limit it to 3 youngsters why risk your main striker against a cynical team on a hardened pitch. If Martial pulled a hamstring or got a bad knock we'd be rightly screwed chasing a competition that has minimal value to Ole's tenure (it did little to save LVG so the board wont likely accept it as a consolation if we finish outside top 7).

Doing what I advise (Bosmans / kids / relegation clubs) will allow Ole to clear the deadwood in just 1 summer.
Its not a bad approach but its one we should have implemented last summer so we would counter the loss of Herrera, Fellaini, Sanchez, Lukaku (and now Young and Rojo). Instead we're low on numbers and hugely at risk of not even qualifying for the Europa, if Arsenal and Spurs continue to get their sh*t together and we continue our current form. Why not go after the youth prospects / relegation club players now. You might end up paying over the odds but some should be gettable (especially if we have a list of options for each position) and still fit the ethos you want at the club. You may pay a higher premium for sure but its a gamble worth taking as making the CL would mean higher revenue (adidas would not reduce), better draw in the summer and more money for finishing higher up the table.

Classical Mechanic

Everyone slating Slimani signing clearly are arrogant and don’t know much outside the prem.

I’m not a football genius by any means or really follow any league outside the premier, so I can’t really talk but just because he’s not well known doesnt mean he’s poor

Just checked his stats for Ligue 1

He’s played 13, 7 goals and 7 assists

Not too shabby and anything to shake your head at
Well, he played in the Prem and flopped. He was Leicester's record signing after scoring a hat full in Portgual but ended up out on loan after 18 months.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's like when you get a pair of socks for Xmas off your Gran. No doubt they are functional, in that they keep your feet warm etc but Just full of disappointment.

Comes to something when his YouTube highlight reel is less than 4 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.