Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
What I would say from the outside looking in, we're showing nothing to suggest we're looking to make signings that'll keep the players we do currently have convinced we're going in the right direction.

Robaldo

Signing Piatek and Fernandes would be a successful January window.

Why the feck would we not just do it?

£70-80m max for two solid starting lineup players.
I'm not against spending £70-80m but if it's on players that the club have doubts about, will cost a lot in wages, and don't fit into a long-term strategy then it's obviously not a good idea.

VanGaalyTime

If we sign Slimani it will only increase the protests from fans. This is a terrible decision, even for Woodward. Why haven't we been looking for Lukaku's replacement since August? If we have, this guy is not the answer.

Member 90887

6 players ( one of them a 3rd keeper) in 4 windows....and the dimwits still blame our managers. In the same period: Darmian, Young, Smalling, Fellaini, Herrera, Sanchez, Lukaku and Valencia left the club.(not sure if I left someone out)
Yes, you left out Daley Blind and Carrick retired

Member 90887

If we sign Slimani it will only increase the protests from fans. This is a terrible decision, even for Woodward. Why haven't we been looking for Lukaku's replacement since August? If we have, this guy is not the answer.
Well, considering we have only Martial in that position, any player we get would be a welcome addition.

He is not that bad as a stop gap till the summer, people are overreacting. he has 7 goals and 7 assists in 13 games for them this season and he would offer another (different) option from the bench.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Well, considering we have only Martial in that position, any player we get would be a welcome addition.

He is not that bad as a stop gap till the summer, people are overreacting. he has 7 goals and 7 assists in 13 games for them this season and he would offer another (different) option from the bench.
He flopped at Leicester massively and is playing in a piss poor league. Not the type of player we should be targeting. It all strikes of the club being broke and have no money to spend. Despite taking huge bonuses out of the club recently, we cant stump up an extra few £££ to get Bruno done.

DarkRed

He flopped at Leicester massively and is playing in a piss poor league. Not the type of player we should be targeting. It all strikes of the club being broke and have no money to spend. Despite taking huge bonuses out of the club recently, we cant stump up an extra few £££ to get Bruno done.
Is it the same Bruno you are talking about that "flopped massively" at Sampdoria and is playing at "piss poor league" ? :smirk:

Member 90887

Flopping at a club does not mean that you are a bad player.

I agree that it he's far from the type of players we should target, but what should we do if there is no option available this january ? would you be okay with finishing the season with Martial, James, Andreas and Mason in the 3 attacking positions ?

We're clearly in need of numbers and i would argue that as a back up player, having him is definitly better than not.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think Ole really does not want to stunt the progress of the three strikers we have, so even though Rashford is injured he will want someone like Slimani who will be useful off the bench. Those hoping for a big name forward, even in the summer might be disappointed.

VanGaalyTime

I would much rather a young striker come in who is hungry and ready to be a squad player, future world beater at the club. Why go for a player who has been poor in the Premier League rather than an option such as Piatek, who is young and may improve? There are probably 100 strikers I would rather we buy than Slimani. There's also guys like Eze at QPR in the Championship who is young, quality, & would fit with our ethos. Or how about someone like Milot Rashica who can also play on the wings or up front? So. Many. Options.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Castles rubbing it in..
I hope that's all it is because otherwise yeah we've got no chance for the likes of Sancho if we're really viewed as an awful club to join

redom

I hope that's all it is because otherwise yeah we've got no chance for the likes of Sancho if we're really viewed as an awful club to join
I imagine the "right" club in this instance is more to do with play time and development, I doubt they want to go from regular first team football to something less than that. I'm sure they know the money will come as long as he continues his growth so the greater financial offer now will only be so tempting.

Member 90887

I would much rather a young striker come in who is hungry and ready to be a squad player, future world beater at the club. Why go for a player who has been poor in the Premier League rather than an option such as Piatek, who is young and may improve? There are probably 100 strikers I would rather we buy than Slimani. There's also guys like Eze at QPR in the Championship who is young, quality, & would fit with our ethos. Or how about someone like Milot Rashica who can also play on the wings or up front? So. Many. Options.
And i completely agree with you. The thing is, we need to take into consideration who's available and who's not. Would i prefer Piatek to Slimani, of course i would. Can we get Piatek though ? i'm not sure. Would i be against Slimani if he was the only available player this January. Of course not.

He would cost basically nothing. He would accept to be here for the remaining 6 months of this season. So a good option for me, if of course, there's no better alternative or no alternative at all.

theklr

Why's that? One of the best CDMs of his age group, only 21, high ceiling, physically strong
Yeah , in a few years he would be helpful, but I’ve seen all his internationals and he isnt good enough quite yet in my opinion.

Drz

#slimchance he's making any fecking difference. I'd rather have Greenwood start every game.
Is he really that bad? Personally feel technical players can go either way. Depends on the price and if he'll make a fuss if he is used in rotation based on form.
The example I have in mind, is that striker that played for Ajax in their good UCL run to the finals, Tadic I think. He was just so so good. It is a best case scenario of course.

Infra-red

Is he really that bad? Personally feel technical players can go either way. Depends on the price and if he'll make a fuss if he is used in rotation based on form.
The example I have in mind, is that striker that played for Ajax in their good UCL run to the finals, Tadic I think. He was just so so good. It is a best case scenario of course.
He's a 31 year old striker who has scored 16 goals in 4 years. He's not considered good enough to warrant a place on Leicester's bench.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Castles only knows mendes stuff. I doubt he knows feck all about the Bellingham transfer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well he was very early with the other Bellingham news and seemingly correct, so I wouldn't rule him out being right.
Don't think he broke anything, unlike the Fernandes saga. Think he's just riding the crest of the wave from this Bruno stuff. He's got plenty wrong in the past, I wouldn't really pay any attention to this one.

United Pro

Don't think he broke anything, unlike the Fernandes saga. Think he's just riding the crest of the wave from this Bruno stuff. He's got plenty wrong in the past, I wouldn't really pay any attention to this one.
I'm fairly sure he was the one who broke the news that we were willing to pay £25m for Bellingham. He has been quite hit and miss recently, but imo he's one of the more reliable journos.

Status
Not open for further replies.