Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Not sure if it's more of a case of him not fancying a move here or one of the richest clubs in the world not being able to afford him but it's fitting in our current state :lol:

Ed seems to be trying to put all his eggs in the English talent basket, he'll be in for quite the reckoning though if he doesn't manage to bring in either of the likes of Sancho, Maddison or Grealish that he seems to have a hard on for

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Not sure if it's more of a case of him not fancying a move here or one of the richest clubs in the world not being able to afford him but it's fitting in our current state :lol:

Ed seems to be trying to put all his eggs in the English talent basket, he'll be in for quite the reckoning though if he doesn't manage to bring in either of the likes of Sancho, Maddison or Grealish that he seems to have a hard on for
What with our 2 recent signings being Portugese and Nigerian.

Dr. StrangeHate

From what little I have seen of him, well worth the price.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

94M is a feck ton load of money. I would say it should give any club pause for thought. This isn't to say he isn't worth it. But ultimately resources are finite.

And we just signed Fernandes for a sizeable fee. I didn't realise he was English.

fps

Lowering of standards. A decent squad player is now seen as a firm first choice player in a position where we've previously had such beasts as Ronaldo, Kanchelskis and Beckham.
He’s very clearly a placeholder for someone else to come in. Who has given the impression he’s seen as a proper long term first teamer?

Anustart89

The squad is full of shit players.
Ah, that old chestnut.

Let's just let a shit manager keep performing badly while overseeing a fifteen year rebuild. He'll probably be able to sign Sancho when he's 35 and moves back from the MLS with us in the Championship by then!

Don't know if you've noticed but Sheffield United are above us in the table with a lot of players who were with them in the Championship, and some even in League One.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm curious what amount our club are ready to offer a striker in the summer transfer market. Evidently 94m is too high.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
He's a good player but not 94m good. I watch a lot of Serie A and he's quality, but would put him at the 60-70m price point. Not sure how well he'd adapt to England either. Honestly it seems like we don't have a boatload of money. We would be wiser prioritizing Grealish (who should be our number 1 target) and someone like Sancho who I think is more likely to succeed in England imo. If Ighalo does well maybe keep him?

Teja

He's a good player but not 94m good. I watch a lot of Serie A and he's quality, but would put him at the 60-70m price point. Not sure how well he'd adapt to England either. Honestly it seems like we don't have a boatload of money. We would be wiser prioritizing Grealish (who should be our number 1 target) and someone like Sancho who I think is more likely to succeed in England imo. If Ighalo does well maybe keep him?
I don't think we have enough money to get both Graelish (60-70M?) and Sancho (120-150M) in the summer either (unless we sell Pogba).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Inter signed Lautaro Martinez for under £20m last season. Had it been us linked to him from Racing Club, many on here would be questioning the potential acquisition. Adolfo Gaich is another potential gem and has a very low buy out if reports from Argentina are to be believed and would be a very smart signing.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don't think we have enough money to get both Graelish (60-70M?) and Sancho (120-150M) in the summer either (unless we sell Pogba).
I have nothing against selling Pogba if that means we would get Graelish and Sancho, but I just don’t see anyone paying the fee we want for him (Pogba).

Let’s assume we will accept about 120 million pounds, who would be potential buyers?

Madrid? I just don’t see it. Perez and Raiola. They will spend their pennies on Mbappe.

Juventus? They don’t have the money atm.

PSG? Most likely have the money to pay and I’m sure they would love to add a top french player if Mbappe is set to leave. Will Pogba fancy the french league is the question.

Barca and Bayern? No way. Same goes for the teams in the PL and we ain’t selling him to competitors.

I still think he will sign a new deal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d trade Martial plus some change for Martinez, and I’m sure Inter would want him too because he’s a footballer. Martinez is the real deal.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I think Pogba will go, but finding a buyer will be tricky. I think he'll go to Real. He's more affordable than Mbappe. I don't think United can risk holding on to him for another year and try to sell him the following year when his contract will be closer to expiration. If they want to cash in they should try to do it this summer. Will be sad to see him go, but it's time I reckon.

Barnslig

Also worth pointing out at times like these that United are totally feckin justified in asking 150-170m for Pogba when Inter ask for sums like this for a player who cost 20m at the start of last season.
No we're the big baddies for holding him against his will and not selling at a loss. Everyone else can ask for fairytale sums for their players though.

Jericholyte2

Doesn’t Grealish have a release clause around £45m?

I’m sure I’d read that he had some kind of clause...

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Not even sure if this is even a bad price. But yeah, after selling Lukaku to them for 70m, it's not going to be easy dealing with them.

Teja

I still think he will sign a new deal.
I'd love this tbh. He hasn't exactly set the world alight since he moved but that's partly on the coaches and the team as well.

With a much improved Rashford + Bruno + Someone like Sancho he'll hit another level.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not even sure if this is even a bad price. But yeah, after selling Lukaku to them for 70m, it's not going to be easy dealing with them.
Shouldn't be really, considering he's their top scorer this season. Think they got a more than fair price.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd love this tbh. He hasn't exactly set the world alight since he moved but that's partly on the coaches and the team as well.

With a much improved Rashford + Bruno + Someone like Sancho he'll hit another level.
Our coaches will probably peg him back, mind.

Red_toad

Did you miss the last transfer window? We brought in 2 none English talents. So how does your post make sense?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Great player. 94m is a snip.

Suedesi

This guy is going to be a real star. Saw him against Juventus, dealt with Dybala / Higuain perfectly. Just turned 20 today, so time is on his side. Rumors are he's Internazionale bound in the summer for 20 million Euros, United should try to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.