Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't see the obsession with getting Grealish or Maddison when we have just signed Bruno who is naturally a CAM. If anything we need a proper DM and Box-to-Box style CM.

RW would be my priority (Sancho), a CM, Striker then maybe a substitute CAM.
I think, I hope the club do too, that Grealish in particular is one of those players that you simply have to sign if they become available. Yes you need a place for him, although in fairness he's versatile, but you just go and get him.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Upamecano is very good indeed but i'd take Ibrahima Konate over him personally to partner Maguire.
Well I would rather go for Upamecano than Tah at the moment, although Upamecano has himself had some poor moments this season and was outshine by Konate before the latters injury.

The BL seems a very difficult place to judge defenders because the tactics are so attack based these days. Many teams play with high lines and pressing, which leave the CB exposed.

Last season, under more defensive tactics, Akanji looked really good but this season he's been nothing more atrocious. So I mean it would take a lot of scouting to properly judge a defender, tactics will matter a lot.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well I would rather go for Upamecano than Tah at the moment, although Upamecano has himself had some poor moments this season and was outshine by Konate before the latters injury.

The BL seems a very difficult place to judge defenders because the tactics are so attack based these days. Many teams play with high lines and pressing, which leave the CB exposed.

Last season, under more defensive tactics, Akanji looked really good but this season he's been nothing more atrocious. So I mean it would take a lot of scouting to properly judge a defender, tactics will matter a lot.
Konate is the better defender in comparison imo and is better suited to the EPL due to being fantastic in the air. The only thing Upacameno has the edge over Konate is passing but Konate was making improvements in that regard and is a much more dominant CB in comparison.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I never, ever in my life expected this transfer to go through. Holy crap. He's basically a tenacious speed merchant who's never been that prolific and who wasn't even popular in Middlesbrough. :lol:
But good, luck to you, Martin. I hope you won't show up at the euros without a minute to your name.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Minor De Jong I cant remember Barca actually signing a player that fits the clubs ethos and actually performs consistently in a role suited to him.
Arthur had a promising start granted but he seems to have gone wayward recently.
Dembele,Coutinho and Greizmann all talented big-named players but all rather unnecessarily poor purchases.

Riz

Is it true Leganes have been refused to sign a replacement? If so, that's absolutely disgusting.
Well the rule is those granted permission in light of injuries can only sign from another La Liga club. So if they allowed that then whoever Leganes signed a replacement from would also morally be entitled to sign a replacement and so on and so on...

Agreed though, dumb rule. I think a variation of it should only be allowed for goalkeepers, otherwise these clubs (especially Barca ffs) have academies and reserve teams in case an injury crisis happens. A window is a window.

Contano

Is it true Leganes have been refused to sign a replacement? If so, that's absolutely disgusting.
Good article by Sid Lowe about this situation in the Guardian on Tuesday. But basically it's correct, they are not allowed sign a replacement. Farcical. "Because this is a Spanish rule, not applied by Fifa or Uefa, Barça would only be able to sign and register a player from a Spanish club and he would not be able to play in the Champions League. The selling club are not given permission to sign a replacement"

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Well the rule is those granted permission in light of injuries can only sign from another La Liga club. So if they allowed that then whoever Leganes signed a replacement from would also morally be entitled to sign a replacement and so on and so on...

Agreed though, dumb rule. I think a variation of it should only be allowed for goalkeepers, otherwise these clubs (especially Barca ffs) have academies and reserve teams in case an injury crisis happens. A window is a window.
I don't think it's fair that Barca have been able to take Leganes best striker from them especially when they are in a relegation battle just because fecking Dembele is injured. It's ridiculous. They should only be able to sign free agents if they don't want to use their own youth players.

Riz

I don't think it's fair that Barca have been able to take Leganes best striker from them especially when they are in a relegation battle just because fecking Dembele is injured. It's ridiculous.
Completely agree. Makes a mockery of the transfer window.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Couto I watched during the u17 world cup and he was electric for Brazil who went onto win the competition.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Really hope not. He’s just a flavour of the month.
Flavour of the month? For me he's a very intelligent player who fits perfectly in a fluid system (if that's how we actually want to play). I'd take him in a heartbeat.

croadyman

Flavour of the month? For me he's a very intelligent player who fits perfectly in a fluid system (if that's how we actually want to play). I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Yeah would definitely give us something different but only expect us to move for him if we can't get Sancho.

There is no doubt in my mind we will go all in for him provided we can get champions league but that is a huge if right now.

Chairman Steve

No thanks to Jota. He’s yet another left forward who likes to get into central positions.

Also half of his goals tally this season have come from two games and another quarter of that tally come from Europa League qualification cannon fodder teams. His league form is completely wank despite playing a lot of minutes and a lot of games. Not the most prolific of players based on that.

MadMike

Couldn't be more different. Maybe if you'd compare Mitrovic with Jimenez, and then I'd say Mitrovic is easily the lesser player.
It was more tongue in cheek, I agree Mitrovic is more like Jimenez. Though I certainly disagree that he's easily the lesser player, I think they are very comparable he's just in a much worse team. He scored 11 in 37 last season when Fulham got relegated, Jimenez scored 13 in 38 a much better team. Not a world apart.

I'd say he's improved to last year too. I watch a lot of Championship and he's tearing the place up there now. Top scorer, 22 in 31 and with the best minutes-to-goal ratio. Like Grealish and Tammy Abraham last season, he just looks a player comfortably a level above. He's only 25 too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It was more tongue in cheek, I agree Mitrovic is more like Jimenez. Though I certainly disagree that he's easily the lesser player, I think they are very comparable he's just in a much worse team. He scored 11 in 37 last season when Fulham got relegated, Jimenez scored 13 in 38 a much better team. Not a world apart.

I'd say he's improved to last year too. I watch a lot of Championship and he's tearing the place up there now. Top scorer, 22 in 31 and with the best minutes-to-goal ratio. Like Grealish and Tammy Abraham last season, he just looks a player comfortably a level above. He's only 25 too.
I watched him plenty at Fulham, and whilst he's a good target man and difficult for defenders to tame, I think Jimenez is significantly better and more suited to a team like ours. I've been impressed with him every single time I've seen him. But each to their own. Not like we'll buy either...

Alabaster Codify7

Jota.

There's a nice sense of ambition, right there. A bang average PL striker with a below average return on all essential attacking fronts, undoubtedly at a way-above average fee.

croadyman

Jota.

There's a nice sense of ambition, right there. A bang average PL striker with a below average return on all essential attacking fronts, undoubtedly at a way-above average fee.
Still totally unsure whether Utd are targeting a striker who can hold up the ball or someone who can play in a fluid front three.

Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see us only bring in Grealish & Sancho and either sign Ighalo permanently or wait until next summer.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Still totally unsure whether Utd are targeting a striker who can hold up the ball or someone who can play in a fluid front three.

Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see us only bring in Grealish & Sancho and either sign Ighalo permanently or wait until next summer.
I fully expect the above to happen, with us signing Ighalo permenantly as I expect him to do alright for us. If he completely flops then maybe not, but if he's an able back up then I think we'll go for it and give ourselves time to look at options (Greenwood developing, players becoming available)

Status
Not open for further replies.