Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabaster Codify7

We would do wonders to rid ourselves of Sanchez in the summer. If there's a window, of course. However, as someone else mentioned, if we can't sell him and are therefore paying his wages anyway, I'd rather bring him back and have him take Lingard's place on the bench - sell Lingard for whatever we can get for him. Sanchez might do equally badly, but if we're paying his wages at least have him put a shift in for us rather than a different team unti his contract runs down.

Alabaster Codify7

What would we rather, though?

OPTION 1 - Pay £250k of Sanchez's salary a week for him to play for another team, plus pay Jesse Lingard 100+k a week to be here and contribute 1 goal and 1 assist per season.

OPTION 2 - Get a fee for Lingard, around £20m. Pay £400k of Sanchez's salary to take Lingard's spot on the bench and contribute 1 goal and 1 assist per season.

Definitely option 2. No question about it. If his contract needs to be run down, let him run it down here and maybe we'll get a goal or two from him that makes a difference. Then we can get rid and be rid of his disgusting salary, but why pay that salary for him to not even contribute?

Falcow

What would we rather, though?

OPTION 1 - Pay £250k of Sanchez's salary a week for him to play for another team, plus pay Jesse Lingard 100+k a week to be here and contribute 1 goal and 1 assist per season.

OPTION 2 - Get a fee for Lingard, around £20m. Pay £400k of Sanchez's salary to take Lingard's spot on the bench and contribute 1 goal and 1 assist per season.

Definitely option 2. No question about it. If his contract needs to be run down, let him run it down here and maybe we'll get a goal or two from him that makes a difference. Then we can get rid and be rid of his disgusting salary, but why pay that salary for him to not even contribute?
Because it wouldn't be that salary, if he goes on loan the club he goes to will pay at least some of it.

King Eric 7

Lingard is a good player who has just had a terrible year. He may be a good buy for them on the cheap if he can rediscover some form. I'd certainly be up for selling him as it seems like he needs a change of environment just for a reset. They do seem to like our out of favour players (even though none of those signings actually work out for them!) so hopefully this will go through.

Utdstar01

Lingard is a good player who has just had a terrible year. He may be a good buy for them on the cheap if he can rediscover some form. I'd certainly be up for selling him as it seems like he needs a change of environment just for a reset. They do seem to like our out of favour players (even though none of those signings actually work out for them!) so hopefully this will go through.
Just a year?

Alabaster Codify7

Because it wouldn't be that salary, if he goes on loan the club he goes to will pay at least some of it.

Yes it would be - the 250k I mentioned is not including the 100-150k a week that his loan club would pay, Sanchez is on about 350-400k a fecking week! The most a loan club would pay would be 100k or so we'd be fronting the rest.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He had one purple patch of form back in December 2017 when he scored 7 goals in 9 PL games. He's scored 17 PL goals total, meaning that in the other 122 PL games he's scored 10 PL goals.

His entire career at United was built around that purple patch of form where Messi Lingod was born from. But before and after he's been incredibly mediocre.

Reynoldo

He had one purple patch of form back in December 2017 when he scored 7 goals in 9 PL games. He's scored 17 PL goals total, meaning that in the other 122 PL games he's scored 10 PL goals.

His entire career at United was built around that purple patch of form where Messi Lingod was born from. But before and after he's been incredibly mediocre.
And he's a complete tool as well

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd really like to know what Bundesliga clubs that are supposed to be, I think Bayern and Dortmund are the only ones that could even consider paying half his wages without completely ruining their structure.

Falcow

Yes it would be - the 250k I mentioned is not including the 100-150k a week that his loan club would pay, Sanchez is on about 350-400k a fecking week! The most a loan club would pay would be 100k or so we'd be fronting the rest.
Apologies, thought you were referring to full amount united pay him.

But yeah, if someone else would be willing to pay him 100k per week then we should bite their hands off even where we ha e to pay the rest between now and contract end.

Pavl3n

I don't think Arteta would see any skills he needs in Lingard. Jesse could fit well in Bournemouth or other team of the same ilk. Like someone said, it's most probably pure speculation.
I think, Jesse's best way to rediscover himself is to move to a different league.

Status
Not open for further replies.