Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It seems a very possible signing, but then I wonder if it means that Van de Beek is being ruled out.
Paying now for Camavinga and leaving him on loan for a year seems like a good option but Casemiro would still have no substitute.

croadyman

It seems a very possible signing, but then I wonder if it means that Van de Beek is being ruled out.
Paying now for Camavinga and leaving him on loan for a year seems like a good option but Casemiro would still have no substitute.
Still hoping that we sign a DLP next summer because we desperately need one when Matic leaves

Pep's Suit

His career has been amazingly successful but somehow still disappointing. When he was tearing up the PL with Spurs I had him earmarked as a proper grassroots lad with pure love of the game. But he really doesn’t seem too bothered about being valued or playing any more
So this is Bale's second or third 'holidays in Spain' season, still has two left and Real have to pay him £25m a year for that. He's gonna retire as a Spurs legend but have to wonder what his Real legacy will be? Or even overall: Gareth Bale, a football player.

Skåre Willoch

So this is Bale's second or third 'holidays in Spain' season, still has two left and Real have to pay him £25m a year for that. He's gonna retire as a Spurs legend but have to wonder what his Real legacy will be? Or even overall: Gareth Bale, a football player.
Yeah, it's weird. His legacy should actually be up there with the very best on merits alone, but somehow he seems to lack ambition at the same time.

He's won the CL 4 times (playing a vital role in many of the campaigns as well), La Liga, done historically well for Wales, done very good at the Euros (semi final?) etc.

And still people (myself included) question his legacy. Insane, really.

Withnail

You can see Ole changing his formation?
Ole's regularly changed his formation based on the opposition and the players available.

I think he'll definitely experiment in an attempt to get all of his best players on the pitch.

He used the diamond before and given we have no wingers it mightn't be a bad shout.

Matic with Fred/McTominay and Pogba on either side and Bruno at the tip.

pacifictheme

I really think we'll regret not getting in there. I know we're all high on Rashford and Martial at the moment, but honestly neither of them are natural line leading strikers in the same way.
Well no Rashford is quite clearly a left sided inside forward. No one thinks he is the answer.

Interestingly a few people seem to think werner doesn't suit a lone striker system which we favour, so may not be the loss you fear. We also have Greenwood who will hopefully kick on and take the starting spot in a couple of years time.

Getting sancho would improve us more than getting werner.

Walters_19_MuFc

Ole's regularly changed his formation based on the opposition and the players available.

I think he'll definitely experiment in an attempt to get all of his best players on the pitch.

He used the diamond before and given we have no wingers it mightn't be a bad shout.

Matic with Fred/McTominay and Pogba on either side and Bruno at the tip.
Regularly?

This season we have used two formations; 4231 or 352. This is further backed up by whoscored.

As you said, he used a diamond once against Everton, which wasnt at all convincing and ended up going back to a 4231 later on in the game.

It might be the case he does experiment when the season restarts, although I think theres an element of risk there, simply because we were doing really well before the pandemic hit.

If Ole played a different formation before Pogba's injury, I could understand people thinking he'd possibly go back to that, but Pogba played in a 4231 at the start of the season. Difference is, we now have Bruno as a 10, as oppose to Lingard/Pereira.

Having said all of that, I do think the squad of players we have allows for quite a lot of flexibility. The diamond does look quite tasty. I just hope Ole doesnt sacrifice balance by trying to fit all the best players into our team.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich

How reliable is Miguel Delaney as a journalist and breaker of news?

Recently the German media sounded very doubtful about a 2020 transfer of Kai Havertz to Bayern München. Miguel Delaney claims a transfer to Bayern is imminent.

So is he any good as a source of transfer news?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Miguel is very hit and miss. Wouldn't trust anything he says tbh without other sources getting in there. He's also saying Liverpool are 'monitoring' the Sancho situation and want to maybe sign him next year. Mental.

Jack-C20

Wasn't that Fernando guy that played for City and came from Porto nicknamed octopus as well? He was pretty garbage. He needs to be much better on the ball than him.
:lol: I thought William Carvalho was nicknamed the Octopus as well. Must be a common nickname.

Edit: Nothing on google about it. Sure I read it was his nickname when we were linked a few seasons ago.

Last edited:

izec

Recently the German media sounded very doubtful about a 2020 transfer of Kai Havertz to Bayern München. Miguel Delaney claims a transfer to Bayern is imminent.

He is pretty bad in general IMO. I haven't followed him this season, but previously, he was a shit transfer journo. He is still working for the independent, so i would be surprised if he is suddenly reliable. Most of the stuff he brought out regarding United was nonsense and seemed made up. Pretty sure some on here wanted him banned a year or two ago. He sometimes gets something right (who doesn't), but i wouldn't jump for joy yet.

Withnail

Regularly?

This season we have used two formations; 4231 or 352. This is further backed up by whoscored.

As you said, he used a diamond once against Everton, which wasnt at all convincing and ended up going back to a 4231 later on in the game.

It might be the case he does experiment when the season restarts, although I think theres an element of risk there, simply because we were doing really well before the pandemic hit.

If Ole played a different formation before Pogba's injury, I could understand people thinking he'd possibly go back to that, but Pogba played in a 4231 at the start of the season. Difference is, we now have Bruno as a 10, as oppose to Lingard/Pereira.

Having said all of that, I do think the squad of players we have allows for quite a lot of flexibility. The diamond does look quite tasty. I just hope Ole doesnt sacrifice balance by trying to fit all the best players into our team.
Ok maybe regularly was too strong and I was misremembering how often he mixed things up, although I feel he is prepared to do it.

I was thinking of the Tottenham game last season and to be honest I'd forgotten how the Everton went.

Although, as you say he may just swap Pereira/Lingard out for Fernandes in his standard 4231/352.

Now that I think of it, he's unlikely to play all 4 of his senior midfielders at the same time leaving himself fewer options on the bench.

Withnail

He is pretty bad in general IMO. I haven't followed him this season, but previously, he was a shit transfer journo. He is still working for the independent, so i would be surprised if he is suddenly reliable. Most of the stuff he brought out regarding United was nonsense and seemed made up. Pretty sure some on here wanted him banned a year or two ago. He sometimes gets something right (who doesn't), but i wouldn't jump for joy yet.
I don't think there's much point listening to anything Miguel has to say. I stopped following him on twitter as well as he constantly got into bickering little arguments with numpties.

Zoo

He's a chancer.

sparx99

Regularly?

Formation is not as defined as we sometimes go on about. How different is 4231 to a 4-3-3 really? Pogba to the left of a midfield three and Bruno to the right as opposed to two central midfielders with Bruno in front isn't some complicated change IMO. Indeed, it could be 4-3-3 in defence and 4-2-3-1 in attack.

sparx99

Who would we rather; Camavinga or Florentino Luis? Camavinga is what 16 whereas Florentino is 20. Would Florentino be more ready to start for us or is Camavinga just a much bigger talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.