Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

Only silver lining of Thiago going to Liverpool would be the over the top and incessant Henderson slurping my the media and Scousers would come quite back down to Earth when they see what someone like Thiago can do in the same side
That's not really much of a silver lining

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thiago is injury prone, great player but wouldn't be too concerned with him going to Liverpool. Without having looked at the stats, I feel like he hasn't had a season at Bayern in which he has consistently started the majority of games.

Rolaholic

That's not really much of a silver lining
Not really but it's just been nauseating seeing all the fawning and campaigning in the press to name him POTY when he's not even one of their 5 most important players let alone the best player this season. Thiago would make their attack much better, which kind of sucks for us and the rest of the league

izec

Juve trying to make some good deals. The Barca swap was in their favour and Ndombele would also be better than Ramsey

Falcow

Not really but it's just been nauseating seeing all the fawning and campaigning in the press to name him POTY when he's not even one of their 5 most important players let alone the best player this season. Thiago would make their attack much better, which kind of sucks for us and the rest of the league
Might not happen, midfield is their weak spot. Not sure if they need him though as Klopp likes to get it forward quickly, 'put em under pressure' and capitalise on the resulting defensive mistakes.

In short, its modern day kick and rush football and footballing midfielders are not required to make it work.

Brophs

The One and Only
I mean we just flogged him to Roma permanently and canceled his contract with Raiola paying Arsenal 1M so they can both feck off forever.
Why did Raiola pay Arsenal £1m?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Why did Raiola pay Arsenal £1m?
Supposedly the termination fee since it's him and the player that initiated it. We get his wages off our books but no transfer fee. Articles online suggest that Raiola made this so i wouldn't be surprised he told Arsenal the player would come back to get paid while being useless. They will now both get a signing bonus with Roma while we cut our losses early.

SAFMUTD

Strange he's already said his goodbyes when Bayern are still int eh Champions League...

Praying to the Footballing Gods for this to be true, 20m for him sounds like highway robbery by us :lol:
Why would they pay for him? they could take him for free and we'll be happy to offload his wages, hopefully is true though :D

izec

The comparison will be nauseating if we get Grealish and they get Thiago.
Thiago is not on our list. He is a good player obviously, but question marks remain if he will fit their style. Plus while he will bring something offensively, they will lose something defensively. His best years were at Bayern.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Any chance Arsenal can offer this to him? Feels like they don't have a tonne of money but they'd be mad to let him leave.

Brophs

The One and Only
Any chance Arsenal can offer this to him? Feels like they don't have a tonne of money but they'd be mad to let him leave.

"You've got to be a pretty good player to earn that much at this club, son. Or be Mesut Ozil."

Varun1

Was his initial contract shorter than we're used to seeing? Seems like he has only been there a year or two, and i'd expect to see a 4 year contract with an option for an additional year.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

He's already getting close to that with clauses and bonuses so he's just looking for a 50k bump on his 200k guaranteed contract. That seems pretty reasonable and very affordable if we keep getting rid of deadwood like Mkhitaryan. He's "only" 30 and has more to his game than just pace, the club should not even blink and give it to him.

RUCK4444

I hope they scoff at that price and lose him.

They won’t get a better striker than him though, so they should agree it imo.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thiago is not on our list. He is a good player obviously, but question marks remain if he will fit their style. Plus while he will bring something offensively, they will lose something defensively. His best years were at Bayern.
If Bayern offer a player on the cheap, alarm bells should be ringing. Then you’re going to ask an injury prone player to come in and run in a Klopp system.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

RedDevilRoshi

Strange he's already said his goodbyes when Bayern are still int eh Champions League...

Praying to the Footballing Gods for this to be true, 20m for him sounds like highway robbery by us :lol:
I will absolutely love Inter Milan if this is true!

Zambara

He's already getting close to that with clauses and bonuses so he's just looking for a 50k bump on his 200k guaranteed contract. That seems pretty reasonable and very affordable if we keep getting rid of deadwood like Mkhitaryan. He's "only" 30 and has more to his game than just pace, the club should not even blink and give it to him.
Forgot he existed.

The most lose-lose swap deal of all time.

Alemar

Juve trying to make some good deals. The Barca swap was in their favour and Ndombele would also be better than Ramsey
If Spurs want to offload Ndombele, maybe to offer them Lingard and Jones?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Been one of the biggest critics of Pogba but what's clear over the course of this season is 1) he remained broadly professional despite looking to exit in the window. 2) he continued to train diligently when criticised for being injured and 3) returned to let his football do the talking. I'd more than welcome a new contract for him, he's both the character and the talent we need.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If Bayern offer a player on the cheap, alarm bells should be ringing. Then you’re going to ask an injury prone player to come in and run in a Klopp system.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Bayern would offer him „on the cheap“ because he was there for 7 years and if he wants to leave they will accept that fact and not hold him hostage.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bayern would offer him „on the cheap“ because he was there for 7 years and if he wants to leave they will accept that fact and not hold him hostage.
That’s what they say anyway. I’m sure I heard the same about a certain player coming to us. That was the picture painted before the move.

Bayern wouldn’t be selling him for cheap if they thought he had a lot to offer them. They are just as smart with their sales as they are with their buys.

If I were Liverpool, I would run the medical several times :D

Red Stone

Oooh, I'm getting moist!

Status
Not open for further replies.