Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanky panky

Ed's preparing offer window will be from 27. july to 4. of october and transfer window 5. of october.

El-Manos

Would somebody be so kind to recommend me a few reliable journalists/ Twitter profiles to follow in regards to United transfer news? I only just joined Twitter.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Would somebody be so kind to recommend me a few reliable journalists/ Twitter profiles to follow in regards to United transfer news? I only just joined Twitter.
Ducker, Peach and Stone for starters. For more gossip follow Robson, Mitten and Lockhurst.

Romano is a must too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No no noooo :(

Yes please! I really hope we try to hijack this deal somehow!
He does look quality indeed, and will likely be reasonably priced. It appears Ole has given his hear to Axel though, so I doubt we’ll sign another young defender.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
So people want a CB from a midtable Bundesliga team now and think he Will walk into first XI?

Havent seen the guy in action but people really are naive in here sometimes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So people want a CB from a midtable Bundesliga team now and think he Will walk into first XI?

Havent seen the guy in action but people really are naive in here sometimes.
Players from mid-table teams walk into top clubs every fecking season. Top teams are all built with players from middling sides.

croadyman

Ducker, Peach and Stone for starters. For more gossip follow Robson, Mitten and Lockhurst.

Romano is a must too.
Would also reccomend checking out the Stretford Paddock transfer podcast on a Tuesday. Each week they do an interview with one of the tier 1 journos.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Players from mid-table teams walk into top clubs every fecking season. Top teams are all built with players from middling sides.
All im saying is that if we want an improvement on Lindelöf we better look for the few top CBs in the world. Not an unheard of turkish(?) CB from Schalke.

Lindelöf is already an £50 mill CB

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All im saying is that if we want an improvement on Lindelöf we better look for the few top CBs in the world. Not an unheard of turkish(?) CB from Schalke.

Lindelöf is already an £50 mill CB
So Can Dijk or Laporte basically? We can’t buy the best few centre halves in the world. Big clubs already bought them from middle tier clubs. We should be looking to do the same. The only one we can buy is Koulibaily, for about 100m!

croadyman

So Can Dijk or Laporte basically? We can’t buy the best few centre halves in the world. Big clubs already bought them from middle tier clubs. We should be looking to do the same. The only one we can buy is Koulibaily, for about 100m!
Konate or Upamecano maybe

sparx99

i would imagine they stand to make more from the sell on clause of Bellingham if he becomes a star at Dortmund compared to say taking 4-5 million more pounds initially from a club like United. If he is the real deal, it becomes a question of when do they sell, not if. If United or any of the big English clubs were to get him it would be the type of player they would look to keep for a long time.
Ah yes, good point.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Yes basically. And we dont have the funds to splash 100 mill on a top CB. I’d say even Upamecano is too expensive, like £75 mill.

A £50 mill CB won’t be an upgrade on Lindelöf anyway and probably needs at least one season to settle in the PL.

This is a luxury problem though. I’d say focus on improving RW, CAM and LB first. We lost all creativity against Southampton when Bruno and Pogba went off. So a creative CAM would be good. RW - Sancho.

And I am worried about LB if Shaw picking up injuries again. Lindelöf can atleast play all the games like Maguire.

Pavl3n

6 players is a lot to move on in the summer. All six should go. This seems a sensible rate of turnover. The season is long and in Cup games players like Mata and Andreas have a role. They have the right attitude and that is half the fight. We have to have some squad players. If we can ditch those six and bring in three quality players that are good enough to start, we’ll be going a long way to building a very competitive squad.

Ditching Smalling, Rojo and Jones is an absolute must but I think we’ll need to sign a CB. Tuanzebe needs to go on loan again and show he can stay for a whole season. A first choice CB to partner Maguire with Lindelof and Bailly in reserve is very good. Mengi as a fifth choice for some cup appearances.

I think with midfield we are all set. Five first choice midfielders plus Garner and Andreas is excellent. Mejbri not far behind.

I would add a versatile RW, like Sancho who can give us some serious depth up front. Keep Ighalo on loan until January and then see where we are then and if we need to re-enter the market. And then add some full back cover. Williams is good but the drop off after Shaw and AWB is big. And they are both having to play some many games right now in the most exhausting position on the field. Adding a good right back to compete with AWB is a must.

So RW, RB, and CB. Not sure who we should look at for RB, but Sancho and Upemecano or Konate would be a superb summer for us. And after ditching the afore mentioned six, we would reduce our payroll as well.

Regardless of whether we make CL, this squad is on the upswing significantly. Good times ahead.
It might actually be a LB
I saw a report about it and with Brandon featuring lately on the right - I'm just connecting the dots

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Translation: Ajax sign promising Ghanaian Mohammed Kudus (19 years old) from Nordsjaelland for 9 million Euros + bonuses on a 5-year contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The following tweet summarises an article from BILD on Alaba's contract negotiations:

For those who can't read the tweet:
  • Alaba wants to double his salary (to 20 million Euros/year)
  • Real & Barcelona are his desired destinations, but they cannot afford him
  • He doesn't want to go to clubs that can (City, Chelsea, & PSG)
I find it weird that BILD would make so many assumptions; fair enough, he wants a wage increase, but making it Real/Barca or bust? I doubt that.

SATA

The following tweet summarises an article from BILD on Alaba's contract negotiations:

For those who can't read the tweet:
  • Alaba wants to double his salary (to 20 million Euros/year)
  • Real & Barcelona are his desired destinations, but they cannot afford him
  • He doesn't want to go to clubs that can (City, Chelsea, & PSG)
I find it weird that BILD would make so many assumptions; fair enough, he wants a wage increase, but making it Real/Barca or bust? I doubt that.
We should be signing him instead of Thiago if we are getting a player from Bayern. Perfect leftback or defensive midfielder

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We should be signing him instead of Thiago if we are getting a player from Bayern. Perfect leftback or defensive midfielder
I doubt he'd leave Bayern, honestly. I think he's looking to get a pay increase from the club after they gave that to some of their other veterans in the past (Neuer, Boateng). That may explain why BILD have only linked him with Real & Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.