Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
So people want a CB from a midtable Bundesliga team now and think he Will walk into first XI?

Havent seen the guy in action but people really are naive in here sometimes.
When you haven’t even seen the guy in action, isn’t you the one whose naive enough to just come on here and make a post?

On a side note - he’s really really good. Please at least go watch some clips of him before you respond back to me.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He does look quality indeed, and will likely be reasonably priced. It appears Ole has given his hear to Axel though, so I doubt we’ll sign another young defender.
As I mentioned in the Maguire thread, he could easily be bought in without hampering Axel’s progress.

Let’s clear out Smalling/Rojo/Jones and one of Lindelof/Bailly as they’ll attract a substantial sum of money which could be key during this pandemic.

SAFMUTD

Translation: Ajax sign promising Ghanaian Mohammed Kudus (19 years old) from Nordsjaelland for 9 million Euros + bonuses on a 5-year contract.
He's great on fifa, always though he was one of those glitched players but if Ajax is interested he must be promising in real life as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's great on fifa, always though he was one of those glitched players but if Ajax is interested he must be promising in real life as well.
He's had relatively strong interest from both Everton and Monchengladbach. There must be something in him if both teams were looking at him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yes basically. And we dont have the funds to splash 100 mill on a top CB. I’d say even Upamecano is too expensive, like £75 mill.

A £50 mill CB won’t be an upgrade on Lindelöf anyway and probably needs at least one season to settle in the PL.

This is a luxury problem though. I’d say focus on improving RW, CAM and LB first. We lost all creativity against Southampton when Bruno and Pogba went off. So a creative CAM would be good. RW - Sancho.

And I am worried about LB if Shaw picking up injuries again. Lindelöf can atleast play all the games like Maguire.
I agree that signing a young defender like Upamecano or Konate for 40m + is a luxury signing. Given the price and the fact that our squad still has holes, it's too much of a risk spending 40m + on the likes of Konate and Upamecano that is more likely to take time to adapt rather than hit the ground running immediately. If that happens we would have wasted 40m + when we could have just continued with a decent Lindelof and spent the money on a different position that needed fixing.

That said, CB is still one of the positions that we should prioritise. But because we are not doing badly in the defense department and because we also have other positions that need fixing we should not take a high risk in signing a CB and splashing 40m + on an inexperienced Upamecano or Konate is high risk. We simply can't afford to splash 40m + on a CB that isn't an absolute guarantee to take us to the next level

Last edited:

croadyman

I agree that signing a young defender likd Upamecano or Konate for 40m + is a luxury signing. Given the price and the fact that our squad still has holes, it's too much of a risk spending 40m + on the likes of Konate and Upamecano that is more likely to take time to adapt rather than hit the ground running immediately. If that happens we would have wasted 40m + when we could have just continued with a decent Lindelof and spent the money on a different position that needed fixing.

That said, CB is still one of the positions that we should prioritise. But because we are not doing badly in the defense department and because we also have other positions that need fixing we should not take a high risk in signing a CB. Splashing 40m + on an inexperienced Upamecano or Konate is high risk. We simply can't afford to splash 40m + on a CB that isn't an absolute guarantee to take us to the next level
So are you saying it would be better for us to look at cheaper CB options who are less high risk

jamesjimmybyrondean

So are you saying it would be better for us to look at cheaper CB options who are less high risk
I'm saying if we are spending much (40m +) on a CB at the cost of other positions that need fixing then it has to be a CB that takes this defense to the next level. If there isn't any available then forget the defense and focus on fixing other positions because our current defense is still decent.

croadyman

I'm saying if we are spending much (40m +) on a CB at the cost of other positions that need fixing then it has to be one that takes this defense to the next level. If there isn't any available then focus on fixing the other positions because our current defense is still decent.
So which CB's that are realistically available do you think are capable of that. I would say the only position which is a higher priority would be RW

passing-wind

Translation: Ajax sign promising Ghanaian Mohammed Kudus (19 years old) from Nordsjaelland for 9 million Euros + bonuses on a 5-year contract.
Very good player, typical of Ajax to pick him up before a potential rise in notoriety.

Devil may care

The following tweet summarises an article from BILD on Alaba's contract negotiations:

For those who can't read the tweet:
  • Alaba wants to double his salary (to 20 million Euros/year)
  • Real & Barcelona are his desired destinations, but they cannot afford him
  • He doesn't want to go to clubs that can (City, Chelsea, & PSG)
I find it weird that BILD would make so many assumptions; fair enough, he wants a wage increase, but making it Real/Barca or bust? I doubt that.
We should make a move for him, he could partner Maguire.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
How much do you think his price would be. Though I'm sure we're not in for him
To be honest I’ve been wondering the same thing because he was literally just signed last year on a 5 year contract (for €15m).

But if spurs are in for him than I don’t think he’d be too expensive. I guess covid is having its effect on clubs like Schalke and they might be inclined to sell their best players for a lesser value if they really need the funds.

I think a good deal would be around the €30/40m mark. At his age he’d give us at least 10 years at top top level.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
So which CB's that are realistically available do you think are capable of that. I would say the only position which is a higher priority would be RW
Ozan Kabak hands down. He’d do great in the Premier League because he’s as aggressive as they come. He’ll also partner Maguire well. If there’s anyone who gets past Maguire, won’t enjoy then having to deal with this guy who enjoys getting stuck in for a living!

That being said, I need to calm my horses down. Not sure if you’ve been following my recent rant about getting this guy in asap in multiple threads but it might start looking like I’m his agent.:lol: Sadly, I don’t think we’re in for him. Our name hasn’t even been used to start a bidding war for him yet.:lol:

Last edited:

croadyman

Ozan Kabak hands down. He’d do great in the Premier League because he’s as aggressive as they come. He’ll also partner Maguire well. If there’s anyone who gets past Maguire, won’t enjoy then having to deal with this guy who enjoys getting stuck in for a living!

That being said, I need to calm my horses down. Not sure if you’ve been following my recent rant about getting this guy in asap in multiple threads but it might start looking like I’m his agent.:lol: Sadly, I don’t think we’re in for him. Our name hasn’t even been used to start a bidding war for him yet.:lol:

If you had seen my rant, you would’ve spotted @jamesjimmybyrondean already mentioning this guy too! :D
Would this be the guy who I saw something about from a turkish journo in relation to Spurs

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Would this be the guy who I saw something about from a turkish journo in relation to Spurs
Yes it’s that guy!

By the way, my apologies, I edited my earlier post but I mixed up James with someone else when I mentioned we’d already been discussing this guy.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I mentioned in the Maguire thread while discussing him how he reminds me of Wan Bissaka and Vidic in some ways. You should totally go check out his clips. I’ve even seen him play live this one time I was randomly watching a Schalke game. He’s an epic defender!

He’s the type of guy who’d dive in head first if he had to. :wenger:

croadyman

I mentioned in the Maguire thread while discussing him how he reminds me of Wan Bissaka and Vidic in some ways. You should totally go check out his clips. I’ve even seen him play live this one time I was randomly watching a Schalke game. He’s an epic defender!

He’s the type of guy who’d dive in head first if he had to. :wenger:
Should not give Spurs a free run at him then but doesn't seem any interest from anyone else.

I do worry that we lack a bit of knowledge in the european market and hence this guy could end up joining Mourinho

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

The only two I can think of that are available are Koulibaly and Alaba but I don't think we should even consider them. Alaba reportedly wants very high wages though so we shouldn't touch him. Koulibaly didn't really do well this season and his price tag is unreasonable. So in the end I don't think there's any defender worth splashing 40m + on right now

Another option is Rice though I haven't seen much of him and I'm just going by the positive reviews I've seen of him. If I'm to go by those reviews then if we can get him for around 40m that would make sense. He's already premier league proven so for 40m he's not as high risk as Konate or Upamecano for the same price. He can play DM and CB and If he is as good as I've seen people say he is then he could turn out to either be a Matic replacement which we need or the CB partner to Maguire which we also need. If the positive reviews I've seen are wrong and he is just an average overhyped and likely overpriced player then it's a no for me

croadyman

The only two I can think of that are available are Koulibaly and Alaba but I don't think we should even consider them. Alaba reportedly wants very high wages though so we shouldn't touch him. Koulibaly didn't really do well this season and his price tag is unreasonable. So in the end I don't think there's any defender worth splashing 40m + on right now

Another option is Rice though I haven't seen much of him and I'm just going by the positive reviews I've seen of him. If I'm to go by those reviews then if we can get him for around 40m that would make sense. He's already premier league proven so for 40m he's not as high risk as Konate or Upamecano for the same price. He can play DM and CB and If he is as good as I've seen people say he is then he could turn out to either be a Matic replacement which we need or the CB partner to Maguire which we also need. If the positive reviews I've seen are wrong and he is just an average overhyped and likely overpriced player then it's a no for me
The Mirror (awful source) are reporting that Napoli want £65m for Koulibaly,would you consider that too much for a 29 year old when you see what Liverpool paid for Van Dijk.

Agree with you that Rice could be an interesting option as he can play both positions. My only concern is that we will be priced out if they stay up which is looking likely.

jesperjaap

Did you mean buying only one of Grealish or Sancho then
I think we should buy both, but I do think we need to sign a centre back as well. Hope we can get the pair nearer £140m or under, then with outgoing we may be able to

jamesjimmybyrondean

The Mirror (awful source) are reporting that Napoli want £65m for Koulibaly,would you consider that too much for a 29 year old when you see what Liverpool paid for Van Dijk.

Agree with you that Rice could be an interesting option as he can play both positions. My only concern is that we will be priced out if they stay up which is looking likely.
If we could afford him for that price as well as a back up creative midfielder and an RW then I wouldn't mind. I'd say we should be looking to challenge for the title if that happens but that's impossible. I don't think we can afford to spend 65m on any player if we get Sancho. I think if we get Sancho then what we would have left to spend would be around 40m or less and I'm only saying that because I've seen us linked with Grealish for around that price. And if thats the case then whatever is left to spend after Sancho has to be spent wisely on a player that we need and is guaranteed not to come in and flop

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Should not give Spurs a free run at him then but doesn't seem any interest from anyone else.

I do worry that we lack a bit of knowledge in the european market and hence this guy could end up joining Mourinho
Tbh the lack of interest might be because he’s still very new to the big stages.

This is his first season in Schalke where he’s had 26 appearances. Before this he only had 15 at Stuttgart and 14 at Galatasaray.

Clubs are cautious since they might feel he needs more experience. But I can tell you now for sure that he’s one of those players you have to buy now or his value will go up really fast and almost unattainable in a year or two. Specially if a big club signs him right now.

croadyman

If we could afford him for that price as well as a back up creative midfielder and an RW then I wouldn't mind. I'd say we should be looking to challenge for the title if that happens but that's impossible. I don't think we can afford to spend 65m on any player if we get Sancho. I think if we get Sancho then what we would have left to spend would be around 40m or less and I'm only saying that because I've seen us linked with Grealish for around that price. And if thats the case then whatever is left to spend after Sancho has to be spent wisely on a player that we need and is guaranteed not to come in and flop
Yeah would be impossible to afford Sancho, Koulibaly & Grealish in this market even with making player sales.

Baneofthegame

Yeah would be impossible to afford Sancho, Koulibaly & Grealish in this market even with making player sales.
Agreed, we’d need to sell 120 million in players, only happening if we sell Pogba, who we need to keep if we want to progress.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We haven't spent more than 100-120m any season until now. If we spend 100m on Sancho, anything else would be purely dependent on Sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.