Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onerealunited

Tbh the lack of interest might be because he’s still very new to the big stages.

This is his first season in Schalke where he’s had 26 appearances. Before this he only had 15 at Stuttgart and 14 at Galatasaray.

Clubs are cautious since they might feel he needs more experience. But I can tell you now for sure that he’s one of those players you have to buy now or his value will go up really fast and almost unattainable in a year or two. Specially if a big club signs him right now.
i am so happy to see another fellow club man loving Ozan Kabak. I am myself a big admire of him and believe that he is the next big thing. I have followed him and watched many of his games since he was in the young team of Galatasaray and have also watched him live. He played 6 months in Galatasaray’s first team as a 18 year old kid and showed great performance and maturity. He was then sold to Stuttgart where he continued to impress and in his first half year in Bundesliga he was nominated as one of the best young players in the league. He only played in Stuttgart for 6 months and then moved to Schalke where he has continued to improve and showed that he can be the next big Defender in the world arena. I wont be surprised to se him among the best ones in a couple of years.

he has a good agent who is mostly interested in putting low clauses in his clients contract so that he easily can move up to the next step hence why the relatively lower transfer fees from Galatasaray to Struttgsrt and then from there to Schalke. I have heard in the Turkish news that he currently have a buy out clause of about EUR 30m

Reactions: Penna

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
i am so happy to see another fellow club man loving Ozan Kabak. I am myself a big admire of him and believe that he is the next big thing. I have followed him and watched many of his games since he was in the young team of Galatasaray and have also watched him live. He played 6 months in Galatasaray’s first team as a 18 year old kid and showed great performance and maturity. He was then sold to Stuttgart where he continued to impress and in his first half year in Bundesliga he was nominated as one of the best young players in the league. He only played in Stuttgart for 6 months and then moved to Schalke where he has continued to improve and showed that he can be the next big Defender in the world arena. I wont be surprised to se him among the best ones in a couple of years.

he has a good agent who is mostly interested in putting low clauses in his clients contract so that he easily can move up to the next step hence why the relatively lower transfer fees from Galatasaray to Struttgsrt and then from there to Schalke. I have heard in the Turkish news that he currently have a buy out clause of about EUR 30m
Looks like you’re his biggest fan! I’m impressed by how long you have been following him!

A handful of us also discussed Ozan in the Milan Škriniar thread. You’ll find other club fans have had an eye on him as well.

He really is the next big thing. That’s why I’m scared if he goes to Spurs or another big club, his agent won’t be able to keep that low of a buyout clause.

I hope our club has been monitoring him otherwise someone here on the Caf who has connections within our club reads all these messages and whispers a few words ASAP (if he hasn’t already). :lol:

I think he could become an integral part of our young team for the next generation and most importantly, he’ll compliment Maguire really well, who is not going anywhere anytime soon after the enormous sum of money we paid for him.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Wow. Imagine being naive and preaching about naivety, Just wow.
Oh cmon! Its very easy for u to take out one sentence of my 3 posts about this subject last night and make fun of it, right? Actually im pretty tired of people on here writing one liners without any discussion. Whats even your point with it?

Have you seen him? Do you think its smart for the club to splash 50-100 mill on a new CB before adding an RW, CAM and LB for example? And remember we dont have unlimited funds especially not in covid times. Please, this is a football forum, not a comedian stand up forum. Or are you 18 years old?

I think i was pretty clear last night what I’d prefer the club to prioritize. And its certainly not a CB first.

Lindelöf is just fine. Our defence is fine at least for one more season. And actually Lindelöf’s been the better defender of the CB pair this season. And was arguably our best CB last season. And you call me naive for thinking its gonna be easy to replace him with an unproven Bundesliga CB? Just wow..

But we look incredibly thin upfront if we take out one of the front 3. Take out Greenwood for example and we have to play fecking James?? Its laughable.

If we sell Rojo, Smalling and Lingard and invest that money in a £50mill CB then sure. Good to have Maguire / Lindelöf and Bailly / Kabak for example. But to think a 50 mill CB going directly in to replace Lindelöf is just naive to think. Many many CBs needs at least one season to settle in PL. Especially if they’re not top class ones.

And the most important thing: Ole rates Lindelöf. He won’t be droppen anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

jamesjimmybyrondean

That's cheap. If he is as good as you guys are saying he is then for that price he is definitely worth the punt. If we sell Rojo Smalling and Jones we would need a CB. I don't think there's any CB out there worth spending much money (40m +) on so we could do with a cheap low risk high risk high reward CB like Kabak

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yeah would be impossible to afford Sancho, Koulibaly & Grealish in this market even with making player sales.
Even though Koulibaly and Alaba are too expensive and we can't afford to take the risk of spending 40m + on an up and coming CB from abroad like Upamecano or Konate we would still need a CB. If Rojo Jones and Smalling all leave we would have injury prone inconsistent Bailly and an injury prone inexerienced Tuanzebe as back up so Lindelof and Maguire would be our only reliable CBs.

If we get Sancho and Grealish and sell some players I can imagine that we can still afford to get a cheap solid CB to be back up. Ake would make sense for me and would be cheap if Bournemouth relegate. He's Premier league proven and would be a decent back up to Lindelof and Maguire. We also need a DM since Matic is the only one we have and Ake can be decent cover for Matic too. So he kills two birds with one stone as back up for our CBs and as back up to Matic.

Craig Ward

Even though Koulibaly and Alaba are too expensive and we can't afford to take the risk of spending 40m + on an up and coming CB from abroad like Upamecano or Konate we would still need a CB. If Rojo Jones and Smalling all leave we would have injury prone inconsistent Bailly and an injury prone inexerienced Tuanzebe as back up so Lindelof and Maguire would be our only reliable CBs.

If we get Sancho and Grealish and sell some players I can imagine that we can still afford to get a cheap solid CB to be back up. Ake would make sense for me and would be cheap if Bournemouth relegate. He's Premier league proven and would be a decent back up to Lindelof and Maguire. We also need a DM since Matic is the only one we have and Ake can be decent cover for Matic too. So he kills two birds with one stone as back up for our CBs and as back up to Matic.
Ake wouldnt be cheap
Ake also does not play DM

I'm not against Ake if thats the way we went, but your reasons dont tally up.

If we signed Ake, we'd still need to sign a DM to replace Matic ()whether thats this season or next remains to be seen)

Ake would probably cost the same as a Upamencano.

Onerealunited

Looks like you’re his biggest fan! I’m impressed by how long you have been following him!

A handful of us also discussed Ozan in the Milan Škriniar thread. You’ll find other club fans have had an eye on him as well.

He really is the next big thing. That’s why I’m scared if he goes to Spurs or another big club, his agent won’t be able to keep that low of a buyout clause.

I hope our club has been monitoring him otherwise someone here on the Caf who has connections within our club reads all these messages and whispers a few words ASAP (if he hasn’t already). :lol:

I think he could become an integral part of our young team for the next generation and most importantly, he’ll compliment Maguire really well, who is not going anywhere anytime soon after the enormous sum of money we paid for him.
I saw him in a youth team game between Denmark and turkey for they first time and really liked what I saw and since then started to follow him.
haha love your optimism. Crossing everything that’s possible to cross that someone at the club has seen him consider him as a possible player

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ake wouldnt be cheap

If we signed Ake, we'd still need to sign a DM to replace Matic ()whether thats this season or next remains to be seen)

Ake can and has played DM

Ake would be cheaper than Upamecano if Bournemouth relegates

Ake can also be cover for Matic even if it's for one season and we get a DM the next to replace Matic. He's a better cover for Matic than Fred or Mctominay and a better cover for our defense than Bailly or Tuanzebe

Last edited:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Oh cmon! Its very easy for u to take out one sentence of my 3 posts about this subject last night and make fun of it, right? Actually im pretty tired of people on here writing one liners without any discussion. Whats even your point with it?

Have you seen him? Do you think its smart for the club to splash 50-100 mill on a new CB before adding an RW, CAM and LB for example? And remember we dont have unlimited funds especially not in covid times. Please, this is a football forum, not a comedian stand up forum. Or are you 18 years old?

I think i was pretty clear last night what I’d prefer the club to prioritize. And its certainly not a CB first.

Lindelöf is just fine. Our defence is fine at least for one more season. And actually Lindelöf’s been the better defender of the CB pair this season. And was arguably our best CB last season. And you call me naive for thinking its gonna be easy to replace him with an unproven Bundesliga CB? Just wow..

But we look incredibly thin upfront if we take out one of the front 3. Take out Greenwood for example and we have to play fecking James?? Its laughable.

If we sell Rojo, Smalling and Lingard and invest that money in a £50mill CB then sure. Good to have Maguire / Lindelöf and Bailly / Kabak for example. But to think a 50 mill CB going directly in to replace Lindelöf is just naive to think. Many many CBs needs at least one season to settle in PL. Especially if they’re not top class ones.
In all humbleness, how can you judge a player without having seen or watched him play?

If you would, you’d notice how he stands out and why some of us think he’s really good.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I saw him in a youth team game between Denmark and turkey for they first time and really liked what I saw and since then started to follow him.
haha love your optimism. Crossing everything that’s possible to cross that someone at the club has seen him consider him as a possible player
:drool:

I genuinely do hope we’ve had our eye on him since our scouting setup is huge. I think we’re in a good position to be able to bring him into the fold. He’d challenge for a starting spot from the get go which would keep Lindelof/Bailly on their heels.

He would be like a Joe Gomez ready to take the starting spot at the first chance but since he’s still young we don’t have to rush him into the fold. He can give us a good 10+ years at top level.

This guy in between Maguire & AWB would make us rock solid at the back. He’s really aggressive which is good for the PL.

Adamsk7

I am certain that all of our available money will go on Sancho, which I’m fine with. Player sales will account for any additional players in and I certainly believe that will be enough to finance a Grealish/VDB type transfer or a centre back. It’s probably why we are being linked with a few free transfers, which I think will be a couple of uninspiring but hard working pros to fill in the gaps in the squad.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So people want a CB from a midtable Bundesliga team now and think he Will walk into first XI?

Havent seen the guy in action but people really are naive in here sometimes.
Maybe the assessment of those who've actually watched him play is far more valid than some one who hasn't. It's hardly naive; subjective yes but hardly naive.

croadyman

Yeah my gut feeling is that it will be Sancho at end of the season. We will then will bring in Grealish (Villa relegation permitting) and cheap CB after we have made some player sales.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ake wouldnt be cheap

Ake would be cheap if Bournemouth got relegated. Ake can play DM, he was originally DM in Chelsea academy and I've seen him being played in midfield 2 at Bournemouth before plenty of times.

The issue about Upamecano is that he's not proven enough. Sure he plays for bigger team but this is only his 2nd time out of 4 he managed to play full season with RB Leipzig. We've seen this type of defenders in the past like Mangala at Porto, Mustafi at Valencia, Benatia at Roma. 1 or 2 wonder seasons. I have no issue with Upamecano, I think he looks talented but the issue about centre back who is relying on pace could just be having fake 1 or 2 wonder seasons. And Konate is even more riskier than Upamecano.

On the other hand, Ake has been Bournemouth best centre back for 4 seasons and he also played for Watford previously. Upamecano looks more talented but Ake is just much safer since he's proven and pretty much guaranteed better than Bailly already & more versatile.

Craig Ward

Ake can also be cover for Matic even if it's for one season and we get a DM the next to replace Matic. He's a better cover for Matic than Fred or Mctominay and a better cover for our defense than Bailly or Tuanzebe
Ake is a CB - end of.

You dont sign a player who plays regularly at CB for Midfield. Sign a midfielder for midfield. Ake might have played youth games at DM but he is a premier league and International CB - lets not try and make him something he's not for convenience.

Ake would still probably cost between 30-40mil if Bournemouth go down. Price range on Upamencano is about 40Mil so similar.

Ake, the premier league proven CB is also not a better midfielder than the actual midfielders Fred and McTominey. Ake is better cover than Bailly and Tuanzebe though granted, but i dont think we need cover at CB. If we are going for a CB we have to better what we have, especially the starters.

So the question is, is Ake better than Lindelof or Maguire?

In my opinion, marginally. Is it worth 40mil or so? Not unless we nail down RW and a Midfielder first, and sell at least 3 CB's (Jones/Smalling/Rojo)

Craig Ward

Ake would be cheap if Bournemouth got relegated. Ake can play DM, he was originally DM in Chelsea academy and I've seen him being played in midfield 2 at Bournemouth before plenty of times.

The issue about Upamecano is that he's not proven enough. Sure he plays for bigger team but this is only his 2nd time out of 4 he managed to play full season with RB Leipzig. We've seen this type of defenders in the past like Mangala at Porto, Mustafi at Valencia, Benatia at Roma. 1 or 2 wonder seasons. I have no issue with Upamecano, I think he looks talented but the issue about centre back who is relying on pace could just be having fake 1 or 2 wonder seasons. And Konate is even more riskier than Upamecano.

On the other hand, Ake has been Bournemouth best centre back for 4 seasons and he also played for Watford previously. Upamecano looks more talented but Ake is just much safer since he's proven and pretty much guaranteed better than Bailly already & more versatile.
I think Ake offers us more straight off the bat, i just dont think he's a massive priority unless we sign: RW and a Midfielder, and manage to permanently sell at least 3 CB's (Jones/Smalling/Rojo)

Not an essential purchase, but would be a marginal upgrade on Lindelof

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ake is a CB - end of.

You dont sign a player who plays regularly at CB for Midfield. Sign a midfielder for midfield. Ake might have played youth games at DM but he is a premier league and International CB - lets not try and make him something he's not for convenience.

Ake would still probably cost between 30-40mil if Bournemouth go down. Price range on Upamencano is about 40Mil so similar.

Ake, the premier league proven CB is also not a better midfielder than the actual midfielders Fred and McTominey. Ake is better cover than Bailly and Tuanzebe though granted, but i dont think we need cover at CB. If we are going for a CB we have to better what we have, especially the starters.

In my opinion, marginally. Is it worth 40mil or so? Not unless we nail down RW and a Midfielder first, and sell at least 3 CB's (Jones/Smalling/Rojo)
You're totally misunderstanding what I've said and jumping into conclusion. First off Ake will be cheap and would cost less than 40m if Bournemouth relegates so I don't know where you got that price from. Second I never said Ake should be brought in to be a DM or should be brought in to replace a Lindelof or should be prioritised. I suggested Ake should be brought in when we offload our CBs. I suggested Ake should be brought not to replace Lindelof but to replace the outgoing CBs and be a strong back up to our defenders. I also suggested he can be Matic back up because he has experience as a DM and not just in the academy. He is a better DM than any of Fred or Mctominay.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

This exactly what I'm saying @Craig Ward

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think Ake offers us more straight off the bat, i just dont think he's a massive priority unless we sign: RW and a Midfielder, and manage to permanently sell at least 3 CB's (Jones/Smalling/Rojo)

Not an essential purchase, but would be a marginal upgrade on Lindelof
He isn't a priority but if we offload those defenders which we are trying to do then a solid back up defender becomes one. Ake is a good option because he is good and premier league proven and his versatility to play DM is a plus because we have only one DM in Matic.

alexthelion

I am going to start thread banning the people moaning about Fridge. You won’t see his posts if you’re not in the thread. Simples.

every year we have the same conversation. Fridge knows the boundaries he needs to post in.

after the year we’ve had so far? Get a grip lads
Quite right, well said.

croadyman

Ake is a CB - end of.

Yeah definitely need to nail down RW and a midfielder and like you say sell some CB's too.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

On what basis is he better than Fred or McT?

jamesjimmybyrondean

On what basis is he better than Fred or McT?
None whatsoever. It's a delusional opinion stated as fact.
No. Far from delusional and I said better DM not better player. Fred and Mctominay aren't DMs so I wouldn't even compare. Ake has featured as a DM for Chelsea (both youth and first team) and for Bournemouth. So he has alot of experience there.

You can say Fred and Mctominay should be compared because they've played in Matic's position this season. So if you want to compare why Ake is a better DM than them then ability wise he's a better passer than Mctominay and more positionally aware than him. Fred gets dribbled past too easily to rely on him as a DM and Ake does not.

Like I've said before Ake has experience playing DM for Chelsea and Bournemouth and has also gone on record to say that his best position is as a DM while Fred and Mctominay aren't DMs and have both said their best positions are box to box

diarm

No. Far from delusional and I said better DM not better player. Fred and Mctominay aren't DMs so I wouldn't even compare. Ake has featured as a DM for Chelsea (both youth and first team) and for Bournemouth. So he has alot of experience there.

You can say Fred and Mctominay should be compared because they've played in Matic's position this season. So if you want to compare why Ake is a better DM than them then ability wise he's a better passer than Mctominay and more positionally aware than him. Fred gets dribbled past too easily to rely on him as a DM and Ake does not.

Like I've said before Ake has experience playing DM for Chelsea and Bournemouth and has also gone on record to say that his best position is as a DM while Fred and Mctominay aren't DMs and have both said their best positions are box to box
In the last 5 seasons (as long as he has been playing in the Premier League), Ake has played a grand total of 3 appearances as a DM. He has no more experience of playing the position at this level than Phil Jones does, so trying to a handful of youth appearances or a few appearances in the Championship 6 or 7 years ago to paint a picture of him being better in the position than Fred or McTominay is laughable.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

For those who can't see the tweet: Liverpool's young left back Yasser Larouchi (19) is rejecting a contract extension, demanding more first-team football at this stage. He's in his final year. Leeds & Brentford are linked with him.

Last edited:

For those who can see the tweet: Liverpool's young left back Yasser Larouchi (19) is rejecting a contract extension, demanding more first-team football at this stage. He's in his final year. Leeds & Brentford are linked with him.
I have to say, that was really uninteresting. Who? Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.