Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

I like Eriksen and think he was great for Tottenham in general. I was just trying to think of a “smarter” transfer than Grealish.

I know it will probably end up as 50 with add ons on top, but if we could pick up someone with enough talent to step in and cover for less, we could focus on other areas, and just as importantly, let go of more players that don’t contribute.

If Villa stick in and around 80 million, we should be prepared to move on and not mess around.
Yes Villa staying up wasnt good for us. I dont understand why people are so surprised though with Villa saying they want £80m, that has been the figure bandied about for months and they also have rich owners now too. He is a home town boy they have nurtured from a young ageand fan of the club and one of the best players they have had for a very long time. Not that I agree with the fee I can understand it from there side. If for example they were to sell him for £55m.....how on earth do they replace him with that money and what they can attract.

I really want us to sign Grealish as he offers what we dont have and competition in several positions, but £80m is a very high fee. I think we would pay it if Sancho wasnt this season, we spent nnearly the same on Maguire after all

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Still, tell me one english player under 30 which starts for anyclub who you can get for that amount? English players are way overvalued, if we want to maximize our budget we should star clear. Unless is someone special as Sancho of course.

Neither James nor his former club are English....

Born perhaps, but declared for Wales.

SAFMUTD

You always have to consider the context in different situations; there are no absolutes when it comes to football transfers. Technically, I can name tons of English players, but you probably wouldn't find them useful for United. Daniel James is one of them (British, not English, but still relevant), and people aren't giving him a chance. Ferran Torres also won't be starting for City anytime soon; he's nowhere near any of Mahrez, Sterling, or Bernardo Silva in terms of productivity and consistency.
He's not at Mahrez, Sterling or Bernardo Silvas level but I wouldnt take it that far to say "nowhere near" Ferran is a great young player, Spain international and lets be honest he's way better than James. Im amazed anyone can get him for 25M, I expected 40M at least.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I remember when he was the subject of much hype coming through at Ajax, although I never got it - he was a centre half built like a school girl. Imagine him having a £900k clause in his contract. There was a point Ajax could have fleeced someone for much, much more.
Surprised we’ve gone for another defender with Dunk, Webster, Burn and probably White coming back to the club and possibly Clarke as well. We’ll lose Duffy in this window for sure. I guess he’ll primarily play on the right for us as back up to Lamptey?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Like Romano but its almost a nothing story, of course they wont want to sell him and of course it will take a massive fee to do so
He's not necessarily making a story out of it, merely reminding the horde of people asking about the rumour that it is basically a nothing story

He's not at Mahrez, Sterling or Bernardo Silvas level but I wouldnt take it that far to say "nowhere near" Ferran is a great young player, Spain international and lets be honest he's way better than James. Im amazed anyone can get him for 25M, I expected 40M at least.
I feel like he's getting somewhat overrated. Yeah, he's a talented player, but he's not going to be near the starting positions for City. He hasn't contributed to many goals for Valencia, and whilst his dribbling gives him space and time, he still needs to work on creating chances consistently. Even Bernardo Silva took a bit of time to get going for City at the start.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Still, tell me one english player under 30 which starts for anyclub who you can get for that amount? English players are way overvalued, if we want to maximize our budget we should star clear. Unless is someone special as Sancho of course.
Leicester signed Maguire and Maddison for 16 and 25 million, Liverpool signed Robertson for 8 million, Chelsea signed Barkley for 15 million, Ings was signed was around 20 million. Britan players btw and there are many players.

If you want players from richer clubs then obviously they will cost more. Clubs should be smart to make use of scenarios like contract expiring, relegation.

SAFMUTD

Leicester signed Maguire and Maddison for 16 and 25 million, Liverpool signed Robertson for 8 million, Chelsea signed Barkley for 15 million, Ings was signed was around 20 million. Britan players btw and there are many players.

If you want players from richer clubs then obviously they will cost more. Clubs should be smart to make use of scenarios like contract expiring, relegation.
None of them, had the status Ferran has. Debatable with Barkley but he's seen more as a promising youngster that didnt reach the heights expected.

I see Ferran in the same way as Grealish, and valuations are really far off.

When talking about english players, besides some clear exceptions meaning Sterling, Rashford, TAA, Kane, etc no top team outside enlgand is even interested because of the fees involved.

Do you see any rumors about Grealish or Maddison wanted by anyone out side this league? The prices quoted for them are insane and has very few to do with their quality but more with the british tax.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
None of them, had the status Ferran has. Debatable with Barkley but he's seen more as a promising youngster that didnt reach the heights expected.

I see Ferran in the same way as Grealish, and valuations are really far off.

When talking about english players, besides some clear exceptions meaning Sterling, Rashford, TAA, Kane, etc no top team outside enlgand is even interested because of the fees involved.

Do you see any rumors about Grealish or Maddison wanted by anyone out side this league? The prices quoted for them are insane and has very few to do with their quality but more with the british tax.
That's different argument, you asked for players under 30 million who were starters for English club and I named who all went for less than 30 million.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Watching more of that Ferran Torres dude, not sure I see a super player there. A system player, definitely, a maverick, nope.

He's gonna be there for the rainy days when the two-three other wingers are indisposed and they need someone to put low crosses in.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Watching more of that Ferran Torres dude, not sure I see a super player there. A system player, definitely, a maverick, nope.

He's gonna be there for the rainy days when the two-three other wingers are indisposed and they need someone to put low crosses in.
At 20m, I think that's what you're getting

Pep's Suit

If Torres becomes a 8 out of 10 player then for €25m City will definitely take it, I believe. Think a bigger problem could be lack of pace in their squad plus if Aguero misses 15 games again Jesus is absolutely nowhere near his level and let's be honest: Torres - Sterling - Mahrez attack doesn't sound like one of the best in Europe.

Junaid

Our first priority should be Sancho but not for 100m but for 80m max. I feel for 100m we can buy a good right-winger, a good CM with energy and technique and an attacking right back.
I feel Greenwood will be sensational next season and buying Sancho will take away his minutes.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I remember when he was the subject of much hype coming through at Ajax, although I never got it - he was a centre half built like a school girl. Imagine him having a £900k clause in his contract. There was a point Ajax could have fleeced someone for much, much more.
They still could have last year... Ajax is a club who wants to be loyal to players who have proven to be loyal to Ajax as well..

Last year West Ham made a 10 million euro bid, but Ajax declined as they didnt want to sell him besides De Ligt as well.. They asked him if he would be willing to stay another year and then Ajax would cooperate with a transfer to a top competition the year after..

Same with Ziyech.. No one could believe Ajax would let him go for 40, but thats the deal they made the year previously when he renewed his contract. Same with Tafliafico no who can be picked up for 25. Same with Onana who can be picked up up for 35...

They all renewed contracts in times of peak interest, because they value them staying another year more than selling them for 15 million plus the year prior... That's Ajax strategy at the moment in keeping there star players a year longer and having quality in the pitch..

PS, 900K havent been confirmed anywhere in Dutch media..

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
That’s a massive drop in salary. Didn’t think he’d accept this amount.

Is gazzetta reliable?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just a reminder there is a notice above the reply box that states about not posting tweets from aggregator accounts. I've seen a few people post them the past few days. They will be deleted from now on.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Not necessarily, no. Unless it comes from Pedulla or di Marzio, I'd be hesitant to take transfer news from Italian sources seriously.
Fair enough. Cheers
Just a reminder there is a notice above the reply box that states about not posting tweets from aggregator accounts. I've seen a few people post them the past few days. They will be deleted from now on.
My apologies

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Our first priority should be Sancho but not for 100m but for 80m max. I feel for 100m we can buy a good right-winger, a good CM with energy and technique and an attacking right back.
I feel Greenwood will be sensational next season and buying Sancho will take away his minutes.
Not sure why people keep banging on about an attacking rb, because apart from being almost unbeatable 1v1, AWB has created more goals this season than shaw

Nick7

Not sure why people keep banging on about an attacking rb, because apart from being almost unbeatable 1v1, AWB has created more goals this season than shaw
He’s also put in the best crosses of all of our fullbacks. He was striking up a good attacking partnership with Greenwood after the restart before the last couple of games too. Short memories

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He’s got as many assists as Walker too, more than Chilwell, Pereira, Alonso. Only one less than a supposed attacking playmaker like Mount!

He might’ve had more apps but he’s still had 4 assists, which isn’t bad for a full back. Not exactly Robertson but still.

Paul778

Fecking hell do they expect us to give him away?
To be honest, if there is no ongoing commitment to pay part of his salary I'd drive him to the airport. At this point getting him off the wage bill (and away from the dressing room and the first team squad if he were to return to Carrington) is the main concern.

As a separate note, I hope we've learned now to avoid players who are on a Bosman or are running down their contracts to get a larger payout. I'm seriously tired of having players who are on a serious wedge and have no desire to work day in, day out for their teammates and the club in general. I'm glad we didn't get Erikson from Spurs and I'm sure the noise to do with Griezmann a few weeks back was just his agent briefing the press. All of the above are just time wasters.

Love or hate Ole - all of his signing to date have improved the club and he has already got rid of a lot of deadwood. If he can get Sancho and one other top top player this summer and continue the cull he's done a miraculous job. Something Moyes, LVG and Mourinho completely failed to do - give the club direction. I know this might be an unpopular view on the glass half-empty CAF where I've already read threads this week saying that finishing third is nothing to be proud of. I'm looking forward to match days again and it's been a long time since I could honestly say that.

Reactions: Sultan

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That’s a massive drop in salary. Didn’t think he’d accept this amount.

Is gazzetta reliable?
Its not really a massive drop with the tax rules in Italy and the length of the contract. Over the 3 years he will get after tax what he would gave got in the remaining 2 years of his United contract

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Its not really a massive drop with the tax rules in Italy and the length of the contract. Over the 3 years he will get after tax what he would gave got in the remaining 2 years of his United contract
Makes sense now! Thanks for that vital bit of info mate! I wasn’t aware of how their tax laws really work. Cheers

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s got as many assists as Walker too, more than Chilwell, Pereira, Alonso. Only one less than a supposed attacking playmaker like Mount!

He might’ve had more apps but he’s still had 4 assists, which isn’t bad for a full back. Not exactly Robertson but still.
It’s just a mythical narrative at this point.
If people keep comparing crosses in their mind to TAA they will never be satisfied, he’s the best crosser since Beckham so others will always come up short.

First season with AWB? Im very satisfied with him, especially when you consider that for big parts we didn’t play with any width. I suspect we will see an even better attacking output next season if he’s got a good winger ahead of him creating more space

Fracture90

Oh, how i dislike Italian club's beggar policy. It's like they've got no decency whatsoever.

Roma can't muster up £18m for a player that has proven he can perform on the highest level for them and has at least 3 more good years for Italian league.

Inter are haggling over few millions for Sanches even though he fits them like a glove and he's been one of their best performers after the break. Not to mention he's proven quality in Seria A. Has probably 2 more good years of Seria A football and what's most important is a player that can help them bridge the gap on Juventus.

BarstoolProphet

It's Pep Guardiola who will be developing him further as a winger, though. He could sign Ben Mee and would probably turn him into a 30 goals a season winger.

Cliche Guevara

He’s also put in the best crosses of all of our fullbacks. He was striking up a good attacking partnership with Greenwood after the restart before the last couple of games too. Short memories
Yeah I’m finding the grief AWB has been getting recently quite sickening.

I don’t know who these people are but they come across as bratty little kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.