Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The quote was posted after an announcement yet it has nothing to do with announcements? It's also a very old quote so why are we discussing it in the transfer tweets thread then? This is just unprovoked (well, pocco did provoke you by posting the quote tbh) moaning about the club. Yeah we've been badly run for years now but bringing that fact up every time another club does something good doesn't do anybody any good. Theres hundreds of threads dedicated to that specific issue anyway.
Sorry, I just thought the post i responded to set it up nicely. It's still an absolutely naive quote and always was, he's never achieved what Real are about to in the market. The guy is a fool.

United_We_Stand

Can people please post translations? I understand about 3 fecking words in that, with 2 of them being Yes & No

Semedo would be a better option than both AWB and Muenier though. Would cost a shit tonne...
That's a poll for his followers; yes (to Semedo leaving), no and the third option is "depends on the price".

Ed is one of the problems we have at United, no doubt but how can he be blamed for the crap LVG and Jose put out? He didn't tell LVG to keep 60/70% possession while only having 1 shot on target nor did he tell Jose to park the bus vs bottom half team and have no intention of attacking.

He can be blamed for many things but no sure how he can be blamed for the crap football our managers put out.
He should be appointing managers that play a good brand of football, it's part of our foundations. It's like Woodward is the only person that doesn't know this.

Kapardin

Isn't he supposed to cost around £25m? Feck me, poor Arsenal if that's true. It'll be very hard to improve their league position next year if those reports are true, and it'll be crucial to keep a hold of every players for them, especially Aubameyang.
Before sympathizing with Arsenal, let's see if Woodward spends more than 50 million for us. While Arsenal's owner is open about his stinginess, Woodward is full of hot air, promising everything and delivering nothing in the end. Recent 2 windows haven't been very good for us in terms of spending.

EDIT: Oh Liverpool fan. My bad, apologies.

kirk buttercup

this place is already getting tetchy wonder what it will be like in 2 or 3 weeks time when we still haven't signed anyone .

AJ10

He should be appointing managers that play a good brand of football, it's part of our foundations. It's like Woodward is the only person that doesn't know this.
Yes Definitely but regardless the manager he shouldn't be the one blamed for their complete feck ups on the field.

And I certainly appreciate your long list of nonsense posts, it certainly improves the quality of discussions.
Ahh yes..and your posts are so insightful aren't they :rolleyes:

Yes Definitely but regardless the manager he shouldn't be the one blamed for their complete feck ups on the field.
I agree, I do feel better long term planning and squad management would be a start in the right direction.

Drz

I don't think he is the only person that doesn't know this, maybe a reminder on how the polling to appoint Mourinho on redcafe went should indicate the % of fans that don't care about the brand of football.

Kapardin

He either appoints the wrong manager and places too much trust in them blindly (LvG) or appoints the wrong manager and loses trust in them quickly (Jose). Besides never making the right appointment, he neither knows how to back a manager or how to sack a manager. Imbalanced clown.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The quote was posted after an announcement yet it has nothing to do with announcements? It's also a very old quote so why are we discussing it in the transfer tweets thread then? This is just unprovoked (well, pocco did provoke you by posting the quote tbh) moaning about the club. Yeah we've been badly run for years now but bringing that fact up every time another club does something good doesn't do anybody any good. Theres hundreds of threads dedicated to that specific issue anyway.
Maybe Woody should stop talking bollocks and employ a director of football etc instead of spouting drivel. Maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess.

UncleBob

I don't think he is the only person that doesn't know this, maybe a reminder on how the polling to appoint Mourinho on redcafe went should indicate the % of fans that don't care about the brand of football.
The vast majority of fans considered him a necessary evil, that he'd balance things and improve the entire squad but it would be at a hefty price (both in terms of transfers and general atmosphere at the club)

And it's unlikely that Woodwards was the only one in charge of hiring him

UncleBob

He either appoints the wrong manager and places too much trust in them blindly (LvG) or appoints the wrong manager and loses trust in them quickly (Jose). Besides never making the right appointment, he neither knows how to back a manager or how to sack a manager. Imbalanced clown.
Very few were strongly against appointing LVG and/or Mourinho, the concerns were obvious to most but people generally favored the potential upside of the appointments.

Apart from that, I have no idea how anyone can claim that he doesn't know how to back a manager. Van Gaal spent close to £250mill bringing in the players he wanted over two transfer windows, we spent £350mill bringing in the players that Mourinho wanted.

We gave up on Jose once it became obvious that the price of sticking with him was becoming far too high. He got the sack once he lost the dressing room.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Brilliant CFO. Absolutely undeniable. However as a CEO he's made so many bad choices.
The commercial growth we've made has been overrated. We had the highest commercial revenue before Woodward & Glazers. Since then, we've had the lowest growth % out of the top 6.

The record revenues have coincided with unparalleled TV deals. At a time where TV deals are at their highest. All the clubs are growing rapidly... what are we doing? The commercial & matchday revenues have been flat for the past 3 years. We are relying on the ever increasing TV deals to fund our annual wage increases. We have the highest wage bill in the league. A squad full of overpaid mediocre British players & overrated mercenaries who struggle to finish 4th. So we're not even getting what we paid for.

Our Adidas deal will drop by 30% next season if it goes similar to this last one (which is likely). So that's another expected drop in revenues.

"Jamie Jackson Guardian" The borrowings of the 20-times champions remain at £487m despite the American family having purchased United in 2005 for a debt of £525m. This means that less than £3m a year has been paid off since, with the cost of serving the debt amounting to £24m a year.
All we serve for is yearly dividends it seems. He, along with the Glazers don't care one bit about the club's future.

That's without getting onto the football side of things, which has been disastrous to say the least.

A trained monkey could have produced similar results to what Woodward has achieved.

Celoti23-81

Maybe Woody should stop talking bollocks and employ a director of football etc instead of spouting drivel. Maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess.
A director of football would be useless under the stewardship of woodward. Woodward likes the control and power he has at the club, getting a DOF would be a conflict of interest for him.
They would be at loggerheads more than anything! Probably why that technical director at Arsenal left so soon. It would be the same scenario here!

Red Devil Forever

Ed is one of the problems we have at United, no doubt but how can he be blamed for the crap LVG and Jose put out? He didn't tell LVG to keep 60/70% possession while only having 1 shot on target nor did he tell Jose to park the bus vs bottom half team and have no intention of attacking.

He can be blamed for many things but no sure how he can be blamed for the crap football our managers put out.
It's funny how you forgot it was Ed who recruited those managers. I think many would have guessed that LVG liked possession based game and we all know what Jose does best, he likes to park the bus and likes to hit on transition.

I am not saying managers doesn't deserve the criticism, LVG should have known that United fans were used to seeing the fast paced quick transition attacking play and he did little to modify his "philosophy". But the same thing apply for Ed, he should have known that LVG is a stubborn man who loves his philosophy more than anything in this world.

Well what to say about Jose, his third season syndrome, his antics were well documented beforehand and yet Ed recruited him nonetheless.

I think there is one constant since Fergie retired, so he should share majority of the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.