Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
1st) wtf you do realise he's been here for half a season and the lot you just mentioned are all like 17 years old and yet he's given them minutes

2) you do remember he actually was our youth reserve coach and did fantastic with them right?
Thank god you said it!

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Don't think 135 is a good deal at all. Coutinho and Dembele went for that much didn't they?
Maaaaan. People are forgetting Coutinho was one of the best players in the world, per performance, before he left Liverpool.

People were evening questioning Klopp as PC was their main man.

Pogba has done or shown nothing in the past 3 years to justify a £135m price tag, bar potential jersey sales etc.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
1st) wtf you do realise he's been here for half a season and the lot you just mentioned are all like 17 years old and yet he's given them minutes

2) you do remember he actually was our youth reserve coach and did fantastic with them right?
There should be indications. E.g., continuance of good performance and selection. Not just cameo appearances, where these players did nothing. In these short time, I have seen more progress with our young players when Giggs was interm. Greenwood performance against Cardiff was good, but at the end of the day, it was smoke without fire performance. As a reserve coach, who was he credited for developing?

It seems Ole has determined we are galactose intolerant. :wenger:
To be fair to Ole, one of the few things I like about him is that he is identifying some of the right players for the club. However, this fascination with identifying British talent might hinder our footballing aesthetic for the reason that we all know that British aren’t known for tiki Taka or total football. It is good to have a core nationality for chemistry, but I more interested in the type of football we play than whether our cb is good mate with our secondary attacker.

deafepl

Maaaaan. People are forgetting Coutinho was one of the best players in the world, per performance, before he left Liverpool.

Pogba has done or shown nothing in the past 3 years to justify a £135m price tag, bar potential jersey sales etc.

:lol::lol:

AJ10

Maaaan :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Why do you need to be so unnecessarily dramatic?

Are you suggesting that it does not weaken a clubs negotiating position if their player is actively talking in the press about wanting to leave and therefore pushing for a move?
I'm no dramatic, just visualized Ed running around his desk in the office with Home alone kid face expression. Ok maybe I am dramatic, but why would Lukaku blah blah to press make United to lower the money we want for him? He has contract for 2,3 more years, right? He is bigging him self up, come and get me plea, Conte is best, I'm sure he said same for Jose year ago, I love Italy, Serie A is the best, blah. If anything him talking shows me how stupid he is, if he goes great, if he stays, I would put him in reserve team and feck his entire season before EC, give example to other players not to speak shit while under contract. Ok, club wont do it, because he is on huge wages, and cost a bomb. Just sit him on the bench, and give him last 5 minutes. He is disrespectful and deserves no mercy from the club, and if he wants to leave, take pay cut you log. If club wants 60,70 mil for him, they wont lower it because he talks to press. That is not how it works. At least, I hope so. On the other hand, get that thumb up, pointy finger bodybuilder out. We got him for 75mil, not gonna sell him for 30, because he talks.
That is actually all he does.

Born2Lose

Glad to hear about Bale. The best thing about binning Mourinho and bringing in Ole for me was that be he make good or bad signings at least you know his motivations are to bring glory back to the club rather than himself.

Starting to wonder if Fernandes is the intended replacement for Pogba.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

You’re going to get hammered by all the Pogba fanboys in here but you’re 100% correct.

ChaddyP

There should be indications. E.g., continuance of good performance and selection. Not just cameo appearances, where these players did nothing. In these short time, I have seen more progress with our young players when Giggs was interm. Greenwood performance against Cardiff was good, but at the end of the day, it was smoke without fire performance. As a reserve coach, who was he credited for developing?

Giggs had 4 nothing matches to play. Not sure what you saw exactly? Again the players you mentioned are 17 years old. We were fighting for top 4 amongst other things and yet they still featured on match days. He's not their youth coach so if you weren't impressed by them in a couple of debut games then I am not sure what would exactly impress you in such a short space of time. I'm wondering if your post is satire and I didn't get the nuance?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Giggs had 4 nothing matches to play. Not sure what you saw exactly? Again the players you mentioned are 17 years old. We were fighting for top 4 amongst other things and yet they still featured on match days. He's not their youth coach so if you weren't impressed by them in a couple of debut games then I am not sure what would exactly impress you in such a short space of time. I'm wondering if your post is satire and I didn't get the nuance?
Don't think Wales fans are too impressed with old Giggsy.

dove

I think we should sell him and replace with 2-3 players which would make us a better team but he is surely worth more than £135m especially when you see figures like £60m for AWB or £80m for Maguire flying around.

Canagel

:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Coutinho was never one of the best players in the world. Was extremely overrated at the type. One of those players, who while being very good, was better in big highlight moments than moment to moment.

In the last three years Pogba has played a starting role in a world cup win for France, something more substantial than Coutinho has achieved in his entire career. Naturally I'm exaggerating a tad, but I'd have Pogba anyday over Coutinho. And should he move to Spain his performances IMO will piss over what Coutinho has done for Barcelona (won't be difficult).

Not that Pogba had been brilliant for us. He's been a mixed bag of excellent and average. But I think we've also been a very dynsfunctional attack in this period with very little fluidity and productivity going forward.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
To be fair to Ole, one of the few things I like about him is that he is identifying some of the right players for the club. However, this fascination with identifying British talent might hinder our footballing aesthetic for the reason that we all know that British aren’t known for tiki Taka or total football. It is good to have a core nationality for chemistry, but I more interested in the type of football we play than whether our cb is good mate with our secondary attacker.
You missed my joke. :(

Giggsyking

Inda has been talking for 2 weeks about the 180m€. I don´t think Madrid will reach that amount, despite Zidane´s wishes.
Let´s see if they can move forward including players, but I also see it complicated
Real Madrid can bring 150m pounds or feck the hell off. By the way enjoy Gareth Bale.

R'hllor

How exactly, me saying how we are clueless at developing talents or players in general = complaining about us buying this young player and if we did opposite (Bale example) i would moan about not getting young player instead. Really indeed. This thread aint for this discussion anyway.

Giggsyking

Why do you need to be so unnecessarily dramatic?

Are you suggesting that it does not weaken a clubs negotiating position if their player is actively talking in the press about wanting to leave and therefore pushing for a move?
No, and there are many examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.