Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Players like Milner and Henderson are fighting for big titles. While our world class player plays with dross managed by Moyes MK 2.
I don't blame him. As usual and in the end, it'll be oppos laughing at us when the inevitable of hiring another disastrous manager pays failure in dividends
Mate, the mods made a new thread today asking us not to do this exact thing. Fair enough you have your concerns but there are plenty of other threads. By the way that De Ligt story is rubbish.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Guys let's move on ffs. Keep this for tweets mainly.

Castia

Yeah because signing players who don't really want to play for us has worked so well in the past :houllier:
Wait....what?

So your plan is to only sign players who are die hard United fans?

How do you know he’s against playing for us? He’s linked with Barce but unless they sell Umtiti I cant see them spending £100m on a CB.

Weird post.....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ogden: "Sources have told ESPN FC, however, that some of Pogba's club teammates expect him to push for a move this summer if United fail to qualify for the Champions League -- an outcome which is now increasingly likely... United's determination to keep Pogba, rooted as much in the player's commercial value as his contribution to the team, may yet prompt the club to discuss a new contract with his advisors in an effort to put an end to Madrid's efforts.
But while sources have told ESPN FC that Madrid's interest in Pogba is strong and long-standing, the club are unwilling to add further strain to their huge wage bill by offering him a contract worth more than his United deal..."
Expect a new contract with us then, and then resuming this saga next summer!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure I want anymore of Mino's players. As Sir Alex quite rightly said, he's a shitbag.

One we can all laugh at. Til remembering we then bought him back for 90m, with the same agent, and now he's messing us about again.

extincti fugax hominum

Ogden: "Sources have told ESPN FC, however, that some of Pogba's club teammates expect him to push for a move this summer if United fail to qualify for the Champions League -- an outcome which is now increasingly likely... United's determination to keep Pogba, rooted as much in the player's commercial value as his contribution to the team, may yet prompt the club to discuss a new contract with his advisors in an effort to put an end to Madrid's efforts.
But while sources have told ESPN FC that Madrid's interest in Pogba is strong and long-standing, the club are unwilling to add further strain to their huge wage bill by offering him a contract worth more than his United deal..."
Doesn't that make him a, you know, a mercenary though if the only reason he won't go to Madrid and stay here is they won't match his salary?

The fact we turned him down in the past :(.
The fact that we have Lukaku instead of him now is even more worthy of :(

Johnnyredboots

Taking a thread off topic
Wait....what?

So your plan is to only sign players who are die hard United fans?

How do you know he’s against playing for us? He’s linked with Barce but unless they sell Umtiti I cant see them spending £100m on a CB.

Weird post.....
What i mean is, if the article is to be believed, he would rather play for Barcelona. If that is true i would be dubious about signing a player who's heart is elsewhere, and only views us a stepping stone.

Having said that i guess thats what we are now, a stepping stone.

The Urban Goose

Ogden: "United's determination to keep Pogba, rooted as much in the player's commercial value as his contribution to the team..."
The beginning and end of everything that's wrong with the club. Results on the pitch should be first and foremost.

Ban

This will go on until he leaves. Maybe the best solution is to sell him this summer.

AFC NimbleThumb

I really do not blame him. He is too good for this shambles we are in. He is gone.
yep.

& the people acting as if it’s a good thing that we are in such a state as a club that we need to sell pogba are kidding themselves.

we won’t reinvest the money & i believe this was a glazed plan from the off. buy, milk the cow & sell for profit. we will not be better without our best midfielder. fred & matic will still be 2 of 3.

If we were to sell Pogba to Real Madrid then that would surely give him some extra cash to go out and buy a CB as well.
If this report is true,which is debatable,I dont know why we'd have to wait for another CB past this summer.
A CB should be one of the clubs major priorities this upcoming transfer window.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If this report is true,which is debatable,I dont know why we'd have to wait for another CB past this summer.
A CB should be one of the clubs major priorities this upcoming transfer window.
Presumably because the club have some limits in terms of money they're willing to spend in one summer? And/or the fact that we have failed to sign our targeted four signings in each of the last two summers, in which case they might see successfully making five signings this summer as unlikely.

Art Vandelay

I suppose if he does get all those other players and if they are of a high enough standard then Lindelof and Smalling would do for another year. I'm expecting us to show an improvement, but it's going to take time to sort everything and there will most likely have to be some compromises.

jesperjaap

Cant believe that to be true. We need two quality centre backs in my opinion, but failing to sign any would be an absolute joke. People saying we can make do with Smalling and Lindelof and Tuanzabe to step up....what, really?
Not that I want to as for me he is still the world best keeper, but I would rather DeGea left and we make do with Romero who is still a quality keeper than not sign a centre back, our back four abilities is the weakest part of our side, all the more so with the fact that the majority of them are actually performing nearer there better levels unlike everywhere else on the pitch, they just arent anywhere near good enough apart from Shaw to be starting not one of them

jesperjaap

If we do get him to come to OT, I would almost instantly welcome him with the captain's armband. The guys is a born leader.
A centre back, a world class player and captain material, pretty much everything we need....and highly unlikely to get with the expected competition and our current predicament.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So what are we going to do about our striker situation?
Can't do it all in one summer so I guess keeping faith with the likes of Lukaku is the lesser of two evils (the other for example being keeping faith with Young at RB and buying a striker instead)

Would be great to go and buy a RB, at least one CB, 3 new CM's, a LW, a RW and a CF all the while shipping out the likes of Lukaku, Pogba and Martial but we can't change an entire XI in one summer even if we did bring in shit loads of money through sales

Morpheus 7

Forget about winning anything with these CB's. That and RB are highest priority and we'll do nothing without a proper backline.

jesperjaap

If Lukaku leaves, and he should be the first name out considering his abilty and supposed value, pretty much all the good strikers I have seen linked would cost less. Of a;; the rumoured outs that are first team players, I would think he should be the easiest to replace

BlueHaze

Forget about winning anything with these CB's. That and RB are highest priority and we'll do nothing without a proper backline.
Ole is far too inteligent to be content with our current ones. I believe we will get a CB. Who that will be is the question though.

Art Vandelay

There's also the left wing which is a problem, but we can't do it all in one summer. Maybe an attacking rightback and a right winger will get help get more from the strikers until the next window we can try upgrading the other areas.

I've depressed myself thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.