Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordNinio

He wasn’t taken over United, but Spurs. There is a big difference. It is like saying Brendan Roger took 4 years to make leceister top four and champions league finalist over Lampard at Chelsea. Difference in the quality of the squad and resource is a big factor. Plus, I believe it took Poch only 1 season to make spurs top four candidate.
Harry Redknapp twice had Spurs in the top four before Pochettino took over. This fallacy that he took over a mid table team is ridiculous.

In the 5 seasons before he took over, they finished top 5 in all but one of them, and even that was 6th.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree. The Cafs overall assessment of Maguire is, in my opinion, atrocious. He'll be so good for City if he goes there.
A guy the other day worded it perfectly for me.

Basically that Maguire will definitely improve us, but has to have the right partner to compliment him.

Which for the fee in question is a bit worrying, as for that money, he should come in and be able to play with anyone, and improve them.

Similar to the Pogba scenario really. For his world record fee of the time, he should have been the one bringing the whole team up, rather than us constantly boring on about what players we have to put next to him to benefit him.

It's still again along the lines of Rooney and Sanchez, where their best position is always the one they're not playing, or they need "Legs" round them etc.

UnitedObsession99

Woodward: Brief them that we're skint, that should lower the prices for Aaron and Harry.
There is some logic in this. Better than saying we can do anything in the market. I wonder how often Woody hears that in negotiations along with a massive uplift in price

Jericholyte2

100 million plus sales ? I can live with that.
I know, knee-jerk, don’t know the source etc but.....SERIOUSLY!?! Could see us only hitting top half with that kind of investment.

Who could we replace Lukaku with for €50-60m?
How could we rebuild our midfield and replace Pogba with whatever he goes for?
We expecting a RW of a Championship winger and Dalot to improve our attacking threat?
James and AWB for £60-70m only 30-40 left for a CB.....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Woodward: Brief them that we're skint, that should lower the prices for Aaron and Harry.
Yep.
he's tried the "OOOhh we're United we can do things no one else can dream about", and realised it gets you rinsed.

So let's see how the "skint" approach goes. Well....relatively speaking skint!

VanGaalyTime

Have a feeling the 10pm UK embargo ending will see some big news for United. We'll hopefully be confirming AWB soon.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Imagine if 6/7 years ago we read the headline ”Manchester United have £100m to spend” ane being disappointed with it :lol:

Add £50m from Lukaku and £20-30m from player sales, assuming Pogba stays, then that is a decent amount.

prateik

A) I don't believe that to be true. I genuinely feel we have money to spend if we get the players we want, but arent going to throw money away.
B) Putting that out there saves us time.. If clubs dont want to sell, its fine, but if they are open to the idea of a sale, they wont waste our time by quoting stupidly high bids.. No one is paying 90m for Maguire .. or 75m for Diop or any random player we might be linked with. Same for Palace and AWB.

100m + a central defender + Darmian leaving should be enough for James, a RB and a CB...
If Lukaku goes, that money should be enough for a replacement.

We should have enough money to get a midfielder in if we can get the player we want..

Von Mistelroum

ESPN UK (@ESPNUK) Tweeted:
Man United only have £100m for transfers https://t.co/YboE9Om6NY
Can't really see why this would be so surprising? We've very rarely spent much more than this and I don't see the board splashing out for Ole. I thought this would be around the amount we would spend and maybe if Pogba goes we will spend part of that too, but there's not really been anything to suggest that Jones, Matic, Young etc won't be key players for us next season still. It's sad, but we are probably in for a rough ride for a few years

Flytan

Wait so you're telling me we can only spell 100M unless we sell Pogba/Lukaku? No shit. Why would we entrust more?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Probably best we don't ever find out the truth.

But if I had to guess, we bought him as a favour to some agent, which helped with some other target.
Yeah this is what I think too. He signed for a club for £300k or something, literally a couple of months before we bought him for £7 million. Dodgy as feck.

Status
Not open for further replies.