Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

4 players is the bare minimum we should be looking to sign if DeGea, Pogba, Lukaku were all to stay and even then how an earth can a centre back not be on the list. If Pogba and Lukaku both leave, which they should in my opinion we should be looking to sign 7/8 players yet whatever happens I have a feeling we wont sign more than 6 players. Either scenario, even if we were signing DeLigt, Bissaka, Sancho as 3 of 4 or 6, the lack of numbers...without a couple of our youngsters like Greenwood and Garner stepping up next season to levels that cant be expected, we would still be struggling to break the top four I believe even if better equipped to do so.
No guarantees but if we are to challenge for second place rather than 4th we really need to cash in on some of our valuable players that havent proved there value and invest WELL in several positions this summer. There will be a lot of competition from some big clubs this summer but for me there are players we have a chance of signing in virtually every position we need to that potentially can really improve us and the majority of them are around the £50m mark which is feasible to get several with big sales

jesperjaap

There's also the left wing which is a problem, but we can't do it all in one summer. Maybe an attacking rightback and a right winger will get help get more from the strikers until the next window we can try upgrading the other areas.

I've depressed myself thinking about it.
Yes everybody talking about right wing when we have Sanchez and Martial on the left neither of which look like ever performing anywhere near there ability for us consistently. I think it can be done in one window personally, even though a lot harder without CL football but no way we will do both the clearout and purchasing that is needed in one window, sadly for me.
Think faith has to be put in one or more youngsters to be a regular next year, as we do have a lot of talented ones possibly good enough for me in Laird, Gomes, Dalot, Garner, Chong, Greenwood. Think its a case of deciding who is maybe ready which we havent seen near enough to decide but Greenwood and maybe Garner next season as competition to Matic

jesperjaap

Ridiculous isn't it, conceeded 51 goals in the league alone. It makes me wonder about this place at times, no cb and forget about next season.
We have needed a quality centre back for about 6/7 years and what have we signed Blind, Rojo, Lindelof and Bailly (hope I havent forgotten any). Only one of them before we signed ever looked capable of being a top centre back and it really hasnt happened, the other three for me were all really average and severly lacking in certain departments and not even going to get in a debate or argument over which.
Signing a top centre back isnt easy, I mean look at City and how much money they have spent and I still think there priority should be a top class centre back to partner Laporte this summer

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
People saying we can’t fix everything in 1 window.

I disagree. We can.

Whether or not we are that ambitious, is another story however.

BlueHaze

I disagree. We can.

We definitely can, but for that to happen there needs to be a plan that's been under the works for a long time and with the way we operate I highly doubt it.

shahzy

I don't get this thinking. He is a big part of the 'shambles we are in'.
I disagree. I think it's the opposite. There's only so much one man can do to carry a team single handedly who's not named Messi or Ronaldo. Either way you'll get your wish and Pogba will most definitely be off and you'll see just how shit this midfield is without him

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

I disagree. We can.

We'd need to spend a hell of a lot of money to fix everything in one window, more than even a sugar daddy team would. And then we'd have to gel the completely new XI together for the new campaign; it's a big ask.

deafepl

We'd need to spend a hell of a lot of money to fix everything in one window, more than even a sugar daddy team would. And then we'd have to gel the completely new XI together for the new campaign; it's a big ask.
For completely new XI together, it's going to take a season for us to perform so well as together. No way we can just ruin a season, just one at time.

nainaisson

I disagree. I think it's the opposite. There's only so much one man can do to carry a team single handedly who's not named Messi or Ronaldo. Either way you'll get your wish and Pogba will most definitely be off and you'll see just how shit this midfield is without him
On his day, he's world class, but, unfortunately, "his day" is only one game out of every ten. And regardless of his form going forward, he'll always be a defensive liability.

To be honest, I think we'll miss Herrera more than we'd miss Pogba. Herrera isn't capable of Pogba's creativity and occasional incisive passing, but he always does twice as much work off the ball and maintains a level of consistency that Pogba, for whatever reason, cannot.

Fridge chutney

For perspective:

According to the bookies, Manchester United are favourites to sign the following players
Koulibaly
Jadon Sancho
Declan Rice
Harry Maguire

And heavy favourites to sign:
Wan Bissaka
Alderweireld

In the mix but not outright favourites for
Joao Felix
Bruno Fernandes

Not terrible, all in all.

SammyUnited_83

For perspective:

According to the bookies, Manchester United are favourites to sign the following players
Koulibaly
Jadon Sancho
Declan Rice
Harry Maguire

Wan Bissaka
Alderweireld

Joao Felix
Bruno Fernandes

Means absolutely nothing mate.

lysglimt

Scout
Ridiculous isn't it, conceeded 51 goals in the league alone. It makes me wonder about this place at times, no cb and forget about next season.
Of course we do - but you make it sound like our goals are only the fault of our defenders. Our biggest problem is our midfield - compare their efforts to what Ajax did against Spurs yesterday and you see the real problem

crossy1686

career ending
Of course we do - but you make it sound like our goals are only the fault of our defenders. Our biggest problem is our midfield - compare their efforts to what Ajax did against Spurs yesterday and you see the real problem
Agreed. Even their wingers were tracking back to cover the full backs, it was amazing. Not only that, their keeper was coming out and collecting everything in the air, the defence hardly had to win a header...

Red_toad

Would be, but we don't want players looking to use us as a stepping stone
So having players who hang around for numerous seasons is better than getting in a top quality player who’s going to perform and excell? Should have passed on Ronaldo years ago and gone straight for Valencia, as Real was the dream for 1 of them?
It’s football players move all the time. United fans appear to hate most of this squad, so loyalty is rare.

Infra-red

I disagree. We can.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'fix'. The plan, presumably, is to get back in to the top 4 next season. That is achievable, given that we are not substantially worse than Chelsea/Arsenal.

There is absolutely no chance of us building a squad capable of challenging for (let alone winning) the league, though - not in a single summer, anyway.
For perspective:

Koulibaly
Jadon Sancho
Declan Rice
Harry Maguire

Wan Bissaka
Alderweireld

Joao Felix
Bruno Fernandes

Which only means that someone probably bet about £10 on those outcomes.

These markets are notoriously fickle.

DarkRed

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'fix'. The plan, presumably, is to get back in to the top 4 next season. That is achievable, given that we are not substantially worse than Chelsea/Arsenal.

There is absolutely no chance of us building a squad capable of challenging for (let alone winning) the league, though - not in a single summer, anyway.
Liverpool can lose one or two of their 3 forwards ( don't get how Barca is not after Roberto Firmino ) and I'm not so sure they can replace them easily,
City might have problems with D.Silva dropping form, Kevin De Bruyne constantly injured and d wants to leave İlkay Gündoğan, and defense might be a problem.

So, there is always a chance

Prodigy24

Seriously, why do people think that he would like to join United ahead of Real Madrid or the other top teams? Play Europa League and waste his years fighting for top 4? Hell it makes even more sense to sign a new contract at Spurs than joining us.

Red00012

For perspective:

Koulibaly
Jadon Sancho
Declan Rice
Harry Maguire

Wan Bissaka
Alderweireld

Joao Felix
Bruno Fernandes

It’s Utd and we always make a mess of the summer season.

Realistically how can players from that list can you see playing for Utd next season?

Hazard,Pogba and Eriksen in one window for Madrid ? Yeah,that's not going to happen.
If they'll get one of them it would likely be Hazard,and even then I wouldn't be at-all surprised to see the Belgium sign a extension at Chelsea.

But fair credit towards the Madrid media.They certainly know how to hype up their club.

Sanche7

Hazard,Pogba and Eriksen in one window for Madrid ? Yeah,that's not going to happen.
If they'll get one of them it would likely be Hazard,and even then I wouldn't be at-all surprised to see the Belgium sign a extension at Chelsea.

But fair credit towards the Madrid media.They certainly know how to hype up their club.
Oh you forgot Ndombele, Ferland Mendy and Jovic. Plus Koulibaly and Sancho are also about done. What's that, like a billion Euros? Easy peasy

Status
Not open for further replies.