Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

youmeletsfly

This looks quite alright for us, we can play both ends.

Barca don't have 100 mil to spend on DeLigt and also have too many CB's.

We should try to up the price on DeLigt and force them to sell us Umtiti.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
De Ligt and Lenglet. Their CBs sorted for the next decade then.

Snafu17

Aggregators are still okayish as they're a good source.
I get that for the likes of SW, but utdreport is literally banned in the OP. As it should because they're terrible.

ArjenIsM3

A lot of them constantly misquote their sources.
Then maybe we should maintain a strict blacklist and warn anyone who still posts tweets from those accounts. Now it's a bit of a grey area because mods don't hand out warnings about this. It's sort of tolerated even though it's against the rules.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
We'd need to spend a hell of a lot of money to fix everything in one window, more than even a sugar daddy team would. And then we'd have to gel the completely new XI together for the new campaign; it's a big ask.
I’m already not looking forward to next season

Fracture90

This looks quite alright for us, we can play both ends.

Barca don't have 100 mil to spend on DeLigt and also have too many CB's.

We should try to up the price on DeLigt and force them to sell us Umtiti.
How is us overpaying for a very injury prone CB to fund their purchase of the most talented CB in the world any good for us?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern might be regretting spending 80 mil on Hernandez when they now know they could've spent it on De Ligt :p
I don’t understand that Bayern is still being linked with CBs. Adding another one would only make sense, if they ship out both Boateng and Hummels AND move to a backline of 3.
But then they wouldn’t need wingers and Coman and Davies would be pointless.

Tl;dr: I don’t see Bayern in the market for a CB

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t understand that Bayern is still being linked with CBs. Adding another one would only make sense, if they ship out both Boateng and Hummels AND move to a backline of 3.
But then they wouldn’t need wingers and Coman and Davies would be pointless.

Tl;dr: I don’t see Bayern in the market for a CB
They've been actively trying to sell Boateng and Hummels for a season now, they've both been told they can leave. I think CB is one of their first areas they're looking to improve on.

ROFLUTION

We need a quality centre back. Maguire for sure. Looks like City are after him though.
Have you even watched im this season? He's been utter crap and has costed Leicester a lot. Brenda even went for a 3 backline in his first game to stop the goals from leaking in

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Forget about winning anything with these CB's. That and RB are highest priority and we'll do nothing without a proper backline.
Any decently successful team has an ok (or better) defence.. one or two more defenders is a must and if we can get someone who could play both (say Milenkovic), I don't think it should impact on our ability to buy in other positions.

I'm not being big headed but we're Man United... we shouldn't be limited by the number of new buys (especially given the current standard of our squad), we should only be limited by how much we want to spend and whether the 'right' targets can be found. We shouldn't be saying it's a centre half OR a winger.... a midfielder OR a right back? (Personally, I'd say 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, a winger and a centre forward/no.10.... part funded by sales).

laughtersassassin

With news if likely no CB can we skip next season cause its going to be pointless without one.

Unless Tuanzebe becomes a starter and is proven good enough because we know the others aren't. Very unlikely though.

Last edited:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Would make sense, his stats and when he fancies it he is great but so often games just bypass him and he seems seriously disinterested, 150m and add that to the budget of 250m would give us 400m plus any other sales to seriously revamp the squad.

I'm not of the opinion that we cannot attract players without Champions League football, maybe not the elite but we have been paying mental wages for supposed world class stars and look where that has gotten us.

Hate to say it but we need to take a leaf out of Liverpool's book, Klopp decided on his style of play and went after players who fit that style, not signing world class players just because they are available but going after Salah (no one was interested when they signed him from Roma), Mane, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Keita, Fabinho, Robertson, Milner etc.

How many of them were world class players when they were signed, hardly any of them, Van Dijk and Alisson probably the only two who were bought for mega money but he has bought players who fit his style.

United on the other hand see the commercial value of a player, his social media presence and just assume that we can "fit them in" once they are here, this needs to change and maybe missing out of Champions League will help towards that.

Much prefer United to go after Werner, Sancho, Brooks, Neves, Doucoure, Rice, Wan Biasska, Ndombele, Fernandes etc. these type of players than Cavani or Bale on insane wages.

If selling Pogbe helps towards that then so be it, could be a similar situation to Liverpool selling Courtinho and using that money to improve the side elsewhere.

As long as the money is spent wisely I don't think Pogba would be missed.
I completely agree with everything you said.

settembrini

Maguire would be such a Woody signing, a complete waste of crazy money on someone who’s not an improvement on what we already have, and the cycle goes on.
Maguire was one of the CBs Mourinho wanted and Woodward vetoed last summer, along with Alderweireld and Mina. And the reports also said that he vetoed him for your exact reasoning, that he didn't think he was an improvement on our current options. So your being a bit harsh on old Ed there.

Fridge chutney

Maguire would be such a Woody signing, a complete waste of crazy money on someone who’s not an improvement on what we already have, and the cycle goes on.
Agreed. It was important to wait a season after Maguire's impressive world Cup to see if his form was sustainable. It wasn't, and spunking 60M on him would be daft.
With news if likely no CB can we skip next season cause its going to be pointless without one.

Unless Tuanzebe becomes a starter and is proven good enough becubec we know the outer aren't.
I don't think it's a given that we won't sign a CB. It counteracts reports like these:

I think we should be testing people like Tuanzebe because they can't be worse than calamities like Rojo or Bailly was this season.

United_We_Stand

"...Felix and Fernandes are two of his leading targets and in recent weeks United have further explored the possibility of bringing them to Old Trafford for a potential combined fee of £150m..."

ErranMorad

"...Felix and Fernandes are two of his leading targets and in recent weeks United have further explored the possibility of bringing them to Old Trafford for a potential combined fee of £150m..."
Yesterday he was saying that agents are clueless as to who to talk to at United because of the mess we are & today he is telling us that "we have stepped up our pursuit". So we got a point person between Robson's two articles? That was quick!

I am guessing this guy is one of the moron journos who don't know shit but spout a lot of it?

Last edited:

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Have you even watched im this season? He's been utter crap and has costed Leicester a lot. Brenda even went for a 3 backline in his first game to stop the goals from leaking in
Yeah I’ve seen quite a few games. His form has tailed off but he’s still better than what we have.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
They've been actively trying to sell Boateng and Hummels for a season now, they've both been told they can leave. I think CB is one of their first areas they're looking to improve on.
They already signed two in Pavard and Hernandez. And have Süle. They are probably set for the next 7 years at CB.
Pavard and Hernandez can play as FBs, but are best at CB. Alaba and Kimmich are also not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.