Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

Anyone know why De Gea and Fred aren't playing? Lukakus clearly not playing to avoid injury which scuppers a move so not bothered about that.

First choice 11 for the season...

De Gea
AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
Pogba McTominay
Fernandes
James Rashford Martial
Tuanzebe, Bailly or Rojo if Maguire isn't signed. Had enough of Jonah and Mike.

For me its Shaws last chance to prove he can get and stay in shape and sustain some kind of top level performances. If not we should be in the market next summer to get the next big thing and move Shaw on.

The big one for me is Fernandes. He's the key on us being able to play 4231 or 433 successfully. Fred isn't going to be consistant enough in our midfield although he is hard-working.

Martial is the conundrum..... all the talent in the world but some of the kids like James and Gomes are playing with more intensity. He's at a crossroad and I'm his biggest fan. It's time for Martial and Shaw to put up or shut up. They're experienced players now and if they're not capable of giving everything in their performances we should make space for hungry players like AWB and James.

pacifictheme

The same has been said for a couple of years but thy still feel like a very beatable team to me.
Rabiot, ramsey and de ligt so far. Plus buffon back. Plus kean will be a year older and he looks class. They really do have a great shot this season.

lysglimt

Scout
I like the use of the word sabotage here - are we gonna hack their mail and stop Spurs' bid ? Its like we are not interested in him ourselves, we just want to make sure Spurs dont get him :)

izec

The same has been said for a couple of years but thy still feel like a very beatable team to me.
Sarri will make them better. They stagnated with Allegri, De Ligt will give them defensive stability and Sarri can work on possession and passing. Juve have more potential going forward than they showed under Allegri.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Sarri will make them better. They stagnated with Allegri, De Ligt will give them defensive stability and Sarri can work on possession and passing. Juve have more potential going forward than they showed under Allegri.
Will De Ligt actually make them stronger this season though? Chiellini and Bonucci are two of the best CB’s in the world. By the time De Ligt is at their level that toad Raiola will probably be looking to move him to the next club.

Ramsey and Rabiot are both good players, but neither is world class and takes the midfield to the next level.

Sarri is a good coach, but I’d be very surprised if he turns out to be a better fit than Allegri.

I’d say that Juventus will be completely reliant on Ronaldo having a big scoring season.

I don’t think they are that much better than last season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I agree mate but we still have just over 3 weeks left in the window so Woody better pull his finger out soon. Which i'm really hoping he does.
Hard to expect anything. We need 2 more and make that 3 if Lukaku leaves. That's unimaginable considering we are moving like a snail in the market

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Firpo is really good and available in the 20+ M range, I would love for United to take a chance on him. I really don't trust Luke Shaw over a full season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Juve my favourites for the CL.

Had a good summer and still time to do business
Still think their central midfield is too weak. Rabiot, Ramsey, Pjanic are all alright, but I think they’re just lacking that next gear against some of the bigger teams. That being said, they could easily grind out wins with that defence and a CL-driven Ronaldo.

Nickosaur

Yeah Firpo seems like a really sensible signing. Guess we have other priorities...

piesel

Yes, i agree. In the last couple of years Allegri basically killed the squad under his fears. His extreme pragmatism sucked all the life, energy and enthusiasm from the players, no wonder Agnelli showed him the door.

Reynoldo

Not sure. Saw it on the BBC, referencing the Mirror, which in turn was referencing this Italian outlet, Calcio Mercato. The Italian Caf residents should probably know...

I'd be surprised. I'd also be surprised if they wanted Alderweireld that badly that they'd go "hey, have our hugely promising box to box midfielder while we're at it".

edit: but if we suspend logic, there is good muppetry to be had.
Thats when muppetry truly blossoms alright :lol:

Withnail

Wasnt it Castles who first went with the agreed 80m story last week before anyone else?
That was Mcgarrys info, along with the expected to leave the training camp and head back have to the UK for a medical in the next 48hrs.

Although, Mcgarry didn't say the deal was done. He said it was very close and expected to be 60 + 20.

Think it was only The Sun and your man Simon said it was done.

Nick7

Last year of contract.

Maybe, but he played a lot of games last season for someone with a bum knee. Hard to tell how much of an issue this is.
It was enough for Liverpool to pull out of a deal for him last year.

Steve Bruce

That's all well and good, but LCFC are looking to fleece United. We should just walk away, he signed a new contract last year until the end of 2023. He has put himself in a position of weakness and we shouldn't have to pay for it.

Their's other players around, I don't understand why we are dragging this out.

jesperjaap

Never seen him play so not got an opinion on him, however it seems more likely Roma wanting Spurs to hurry up with the Alderweireld deal.
Looks a good player from what I have seen of him, which was mainly champions league. Still think we should have been all in for Barella in Italy though. Linked in January and again early in the summer so did seem to be interest. Maybe he wanted to stay in Italy, hence Inter.

Especially if we are to sign Fernandes and keep Pogba, I think its more an anchorman defensive midfielder we should be looking at though....Ascacibar is the perfect signing for us, had te spitting incident, not linked with absolutely anybody and he is at a relegated team. probably available at a really reasonable price too

Bogga

Woodward is reluctant to deal with Sporting because we're United and they demand more than Fernandes is worth. Yet we seem to be willing to pay more than 80 million for Maguire (if you are to believe the latest gossip)... Yeah, that makes sense

Judas

Open to offers
Woodward is reluctant to deal with Sporting because we're United and they demand more than Fernandes is worth. Yet we seem to be willing to pay more than 80 million for Maguire (if you are to believe the latest gossip)... Yeah, that makes sense
Lovely bit of guesswork there. Anymore stories you can share?

doriandun

Anyone know why De Gea and Fred aren't playing? Lukakus clearly not playing to avoid injury which scuppers a move so not bothered about that.

First choice 11 for the season...

De Gea
AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
Pogba McTominay
Fernandes
James Rashford Martial
Tuanzebe, Bailly or Rojo if Maguire isn't signed. Had enough of Jonah and Mike.

For me its Shaws last chance to prove he can get and stay in shape and sustain some kind of top level performances. If not we should be in the market next summer to get the next big thing and move Shaw on.

The big one for me is Fernandes. He's the key on us being able to play 4231 or 433 successfully. Fred isn't going to be consistant enough in our midfield although he is hard-working.

Martial is the conundrum..... all the talent in the world but some of the kids like James and Gomes are playing with more intensity. He's at a crossroad and I'm his biggest fan. It's time for Martial and Shaw to put up or shut up. They're experienced players now and if they're not capable of giving everything in their performances we should make space for hungry players like AWB and James.
McT is the Vidal in the team that Pogba played in at Juve, your box to box player, meaning you need a deep lying playmaker to play the Pirlo role, and play Pogba as the third midfielder [attacking midfielder]. no need for Fernandes. It the same reason why France with Pogba, don't shine or play collectively as a team.

With Sissoko and Ndombele becoming team mates, i think France's midfield will shape up to be Ndombele, Sissoko and Kante.

If Deschamps is to persist with Pogba, then France will have to adopt 4231 formation and rotate between Grezimann and Pogba as the furtherest attacking midfielder and Ndombele sitting with either Kante or Sissoko.

At Man Utd

If Fred finds his feet in the premier league, then he can rotate with Mc T, or maybe alongside Mc T , play as one of the two in the 4231, with Pogba ahead of them.

OleGunnar20

Looks a good player from what I have seen of him, which was mainly champions league. Still think we should have been all in for Barella in Italy though. Linked in January and again early in the summer so did seem to be interest. Maybe he wanted to stay in Italy, hence Inter.

Especially if we are to sign Fernandes and keep Pogba, I think its more an anchorman defensive midfielder we should be looking at though....Ascacibar is the perfect signing for us, had te spitting incident, not linked with absolutely anybody and he is at a relegated team. probably available at a really reasonable price too
Big inter fan apparently, don't think we stood a chance there (there were rumours that Ole was keen).

Agreed on Ascacibar being a good fit ability / age / style wise, but yeah, the spitting thing was pretty off-putting. Also we'd surely stand no chance at Havertz in that case who I think will be among the best of his generation, with Leverkusen's owner apparently very anti-Bayern. I don't think hell go to Bayern.

I would have chosen Ndidi as first choice there but Partey looks a decent get at a very reasonable fee, buyout clause makes it something which can be done quickly. I don't watch Spanish football really so only going off highlights.

I'm with you on an anchor man being the top priority if we sign Fernandes though for sure. McTom looks great but seems more suited to box-to-box than a pure DM.

This transfer window is taking it out of me, I think I need a lie down.

Status
Not open for further replies.