Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

"...Felix and Fernandes are two of his leading targets and in recent weeks United have further explored the possibility of bringing them to Old Trafford for a potential combined fee of £150m..."
That's the kind of double-coup that I want to hear about. Promising young players with world class potential.

Hoof the ball

They already signed two in Pavard and Hernandez. And have Süle. They are probably set for the next 7 years at CB.
Pavard and Hernandez can play as FBs, but are best at CB. Alaba and Kimmich are also not going anywhere.
Kimmich, Pavard, Hernandez and Alaba make one hell of a backline.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kimmich, Pavard, Hernandez and Alaba make one hell of a backline.
Oh, I agree. Pavard can play RB and CB and Hernandez LB and CB, so the two are also a cover for Alaba and Kimmich. Rafinha is leaving this summer. Süle is probably their CB1 though. I expect Boateng to leave and Hummels to stay. Martinez can also play CB.
That’s why I don’t see Bayern going for more CBs.

StrettyEnder07

I completely agree with everything you said.
Haha thanks mate, if Pogba goes, together with Herrera, Mata, I would go and get Tielemens, Rice and Neves as our first choice midfield 3, that would probably be 130m for them three, which is roughly what we would get for Pogba alone.

Wan Biasska, Alderwerield at the back, promote Tuanzebe to back up for Lindelof/Alderwerield partnership together with Bailly (Jones Smalling for Europa/emergencies).

Go for Sancho/Pepe/Brooks ensure that we get one of them for the RW.

Then depending on departures, if Lukaku goes maybe Icardi in a straight swap, or replace him with Werner.

That is a lot of turnover but this summer needs to be a big big summer to sort us out.

mav_9me

Yesterday he was saying that agents are clueless as to who to talk to at United because of the mess we are & today he is telling us that "we have stepped up our pursuit". So we got a point person between Robson's two articles? That was quick!

I am guessing this guy is one of the moron journos who don't know shit but spout a lot of it?
Spot on.

Yesterday's article was for the doom mongerers. Today's is for the eternal optimists... Either way click click click...

Tiber

"...Felix and Fernandes are two of his leading targets and in recent weeks United have further explored the possibility of bringing them to Old Trafford for a potential combined fee of £150m..."
Doubt it happens. But these are the sort of players that we should be targeting

deafepl

City, Bayern, Juve, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Barca, Real targeting young players with the potential of being world class in the future

Redcafe: "Wtf is our club doing, what are we paying scout for if they can't identify young player? We just must sign this player like big club does, they just are likely to wrapping deal before the summer, why can't we do the same thing? feck Ed Woodward and scouting network :mad::mad::mad::

Meanwhile getting linked to young players

Redcafe: "Haha, nice one, that's clickbait, they want to use our name for war bidding and contract negotiation. I doubt it will happen"

crossy1686

career ending
I really hope we're planning on getting all our business done nice and early so we can spend the rest of the summer selling off instead of panic buying.

deafepl

I guess some sucker PL club flush with money will bet on him and help Real out of the jam. My money is on West Ham. m
Can you imagine if he went to West Ham scoring 20+ goal in league helping them to battle for top 4? While we have Lingard on RW for season scoring 1 goal but hey he's running a lot, am I right?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Can you imagine if he went to West Ham scoring 20+ goal in league helping them to battle for top 4? While we have Lingard on RW for season scoring 1 goal but hey he's running a lot, am I right?
:lol: this was my exact thoughts

Hawks2008

Honestly as much I dislike seeing Lingard starting for us so often, I think I'd prefer him to a washed up Bale.

OleGunnar20

Honestly as much I dislike seeing Lingard starting for us so often, I think I'd prefer him to a washed up Bale.
Same here.

Bale would be an ever heavier deadweight than Sanchez, if not immediately then not far down the line.

Lingard on the other hand is just a bit naff. So many talented, young options for RW this summer, I think Bale would break my brain.

CallyRed

Bale and his agent comes across a bit desperate. Its evident Real doesn't want him, and what other Spanish could afford him? Excluding Barca of course

Sanche7

Bale has like zero self respect, the Manager won't even talk to him because he wants him gone, but he's still hanging in there.

I get it, his family is very happy there and what not but as a pro footballer, he should have a bit more ambition. This just means that he has lost all his drive and desire, he's almost into retirement mode, enjoying the City and the weather. This lack of drive is the #1 reason we shouldn't go anywhere near him, even on loan

Suedesi

Seriously, why do people think that he would like to join United ahead of Real Madrid or the other top teams? Play Europa League and waste his years fighting for top 4? Hell it makes even more sense to sign a new contract at Spurs than joining us.
We should have gotten Eriksen 4-5 years ago.

Makes sense to target Van de Beek instead.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bale has like zero self respect, the Manager won't even talk to him because he wants him gone, but he's still hanging in there.

I get it, his family is very happy there and what not but as a pro footballer, he should have a bit more ambition. This just means that he has lost all his drive and desire, he's almost into retirement mode, enjoying the City and the weather. This lack of drive is the #1 reason we shouldn't go anywhere near him, even on loan
He has won everything. Why should he be motivated at this point of his injury plagued career ? He is no CR7.

Getting 17m in a great city . Feck motivation !

Agree, we should stay away even on loan.

nainaisson

This is the same guy who said United were prioritizing Koulibaly while more reliable journalists were saying United aren't even that interested in a new centre-back. Now, he seems to have dropped any mention of a new centre-back, which tells me that the guy is just making it up as he goes along. He seems to be just another Miguel Delaney.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same here.

Bale would be an ever heavier deadweight than Sanchez, if not immediately then not far down the line.

Lingard on the other hand is just a bit naff. So many talented, young options for RW this summer, I think Bale would break my brain.
Bar some no risk loan, it'd suggest we've learnt absolute nothing from the rewarding of an over the hill Rooney with that insane deal, through to Sanchez.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
For perspective:

According to the bookies, Manchester United are favourites to sign the following players
Koulibaly
Jadon Sancho
Declan Rice
Harry Maguire

And heavy favourites to sign:
Wan Bissaka
Alderweireld

In the mix but not outright favourites for
Joao Felix
Bruno Fernandes

Not terrible, all in all.
Fingers crossed on some of those but odds dont mean much (1) it's relatively early yet (2) they're often wrong and (3) odds don't always reflect likelihood alone but also the amounts of bets received.... more bets (likely United fans) means they lower odds to reduce any possible payout IF it happens.

The sad thing is pretty much all of them get in our XI? :(

ROFLUTION

Yeah I’ve seen quite a few games. His form has tailed off but he’s still better than what we have.
No way. Maguire this year has been worse than each of our defenders. Anyways to keep it on topic, when/where has he been mentioned rumoured to City? Makes little sense to me

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

If you love where you live, are paid incredible wad to do it, still featuring in the team, and have won a sh!Tload there, why on earth should he be forced to jump into any move that doesn't suit him?

Clubs have to learn this can happen if they overdo the length of contract or amount of wedge.

NoPace

Adding him and Herrera would fix a lot of their bottling issues and their sometimes meh tempo:

Neymar------Mbappe
------------VanDeBeek---------DiMaria
--------Herrera---Verratti------------
LB--Kimpembe--Marquinhos----Alves?

I might actually back that team in the CL, lots of speed and technical quality.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Marcel Van Der Kraan (Dutch football correspondent) did say on Talksport this afternoon that we are. Here’s hoping.
Oh god that name just brought back nightmares of the Sneijder rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.