Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Transfer window in Italy is open for 15 more days (until Sep, 2) like in France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium and Russia

Giggsyking

I just want to understand one thing. He has 3 years left in his contract. Why the feck we would want to sell him now when window is closed? is real Madrid stupid? or a better question why would we sell him to begin with?

Affirmation

Details please.
I don't have access to that specific article but considering it's written by Duncan Castles and I heard his "Transfer Window" podcast this week I can provide some insight.

To sum it up he claims Real Madrid have briefed both the player and the club that a new bid will be made this week. Real are insisting on signing Paul Pogba as a deal for Neymar is getting even more difficult. We are adamant that Pogba is not for sale and Real do not want to be embarrassed publicly by this saga so they are apparently trying to insert a non-disclosure agreement over this bid.

Last edited:

UncleBob

I don't have access to that specific article but considering it's written by Duncan Castles and I heard his "Transfer Window" podcast this week I can provide some insite.

To sum it up he claims Real Madrid have briefed both the player and the club that a new bid will be made this week. Real are insisting on singing Paul Pogba as a deal for Neymar is getting even more difficult. We are adamant that Pogba is not for sale and Real do not want to be embarrassed publicly by this saga so they are apparently trying to insert a non-disclosure agreement over this bid.
:lol::lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't have access to that specific article but considering it's written by Duncan Castles and I heard his "Transfer Window" podcast this week I can provide some insite.

To sum it up he claims Real Madrid have briefed both the player and the club that a new bid will be made this week. Real are insisting on singing Paul Pogba as a deal for Neymar is getting even more difficult. We are adamant that Pogba is not for sale and Real do not want to be embarrassed publicly by this saga so they are apparently trying to insert a non-disclosure agreement over this bid.
Makes little sense tbh. If you don't want to be embarrassed then don't bother. Where have they been all summer? Why wait until it is almost certain we will not sell?

stevoc

I know he can dance but singing i've no idea. For the figures quoted it seems a huge risk buying someone to sing when they probably can't carry a note.

Affirmation

Makes little sense tbh. If you don't want to be embarrassed then don't bother. Where have they been all summer? Why wait until it is almost certain we will not sell?
I'm skeptical about it too, though I should add he also claims it's Pogba who is actively trying to leave as he feels the club's ambitions do not match his own and that promises have been made that have been broken by the club.

Anustart89

To sum it up he claims Real Madrid have briefed both the player and the club that a new bid will be made this week. Real are insisting on signing Paul Pogba as a deal for Neymar is getting even more difficult. We are adamant that Pogba is not for sale and Real do not want to be embarrassed publicly by this saga so they are apparently trying to insert a non-disclosure agreement over this bid.
So wait, we'd have to sign an agreement that in case they make a bid we can't tell anyone, and then they'll submit their next derisory offer of £30m and a packet of peanuts? They're fecking idiots.

Not to mention the position they've put themselves in by signing Hazard for £135m with one year left of his contract. We could easily hold on to Pogba for another two years and still demand a big fee

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Anything less than £200 million and they shouldn’t even bother bidding.

I’d be disgusted with the club if any offer was accepted now though. Our midfield is absolute shit as it is. Can you imagine how bad it would be with no Pogba and no replacements?

WensleyMU

Now the window is closed, the price should be £250million, paid at once as well as a 51% stake in Real Madrid.

haram

Selling Pogba now would be scandalous. I can barely stand Woodward to begin with, if he did this my head would probably explode.

Ace of Spades

Yeah, it is not happening. I would not even be sure of it next year, as Zidane will likely be sacked before the year ends.

Jacob

None-disclosure agreement, aaah.. The very best way of covering your back as a journo. If I'm right, I'm right.. If I'm wrong you'll never know.

Mainoldo

Window is closed so basically they won’t be able to afford him. Unless they had £300m sitting around.

redshaw

Seems very doubtful now considering our midfield options and inability to sign anyone. They should've come in strongly at the start of the window if Pogba is number one priority for Zidane.

I still wonder if the club said if ~150m comes in while our window is open you can go, as it went quiet with him and his agent. We may have talked things through to stay one more year. Thing is for Pogba unlike Ronaldo there's nothing to say anyone will make a serious bid next summer. Juve and Madrid are looking at the player and our shitty situation since 2013 to engineer a cheap sale with Perez not keen. Another year out of top four and we might have to yield to a ~100-125m sale if Zidane is still there or Juve want to make another big buy next summer though.

Last edited:

R'hllor

On Earth 33, i would like to see us selling Pogba now, just to see how spineless fan base is.

Rolaholic

Inter swooping in to buy our deadwood has been wonderful. I'll buy an Inter kit if they rid us of Darmian as well

gr3yham3

Inter swooping in to buy our deadwood has been wonderful. I'll buy an Inter kit if they rid us of Darmian as well
To be fair, Darmian contributed more than Sanchez ever had. I remember he had a good game in the Europa Cup final.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Alexis loan will be infuriating if we wind up paying his wages. They should at a minimum pick up at least 80% of them.

gr3yham3

Alexis at the Etihad...
To be honest, while the game was amazing for the come back, it didn't really matter much when it came to the larger scheme of things since we only delayed the inevitable. The Europa final was a much more important game.

haram

To be honest, while the game was amazing for the come back, it didn't really matter much when it came to the larger scheme of things since we only delayed the inevitable. The Europa final was a much more important game.
Darmian was a non factor in that game though...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m guessing that buy option refunds us the wages we will pay for him.
That still leaves us with a lot of risk since Inter could say they don't want him after 12 months and then we are left having to pay out the remainder of his contract.

Fracture90

Man there can't be an option to buy if we're still paying his wages, it should be obligation to buy.

gr3yham3

Darmian was a non factor in that game though...
Not really. I thought he was pretty solid - he was playing as a LB/LCB I think? We played a 352 formation I think, though on paper it was a 4231, but Valencia bombed forward a lot so I remember Darmian covering at LCB quite often.

RkkMan

That still leaves us with a lot of risk since Inter could say they don't want him after 12 months and then we are left having to pay out the remainder of his contract.
Beggars can't be choosers cause nobody will take him on an immediate permanent deal at this point. Let's hope he'll form a good partnership with Lukaku to deceive Inter into buying him permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.