Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

Sending a scout to watch a player does not equate to signing the player in January, especially in the case of Havertz. He s playing for a club competing in CL for a change...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Havertz would be a big step in the right direction and would get many United fans giddy.

Losing Pogba and signing Havertz and Odegaard would soften the blow of losing the Frenchman IMO. Pogba to Madrid with a sizeable chunk in transfer fees with Odegaard included could be a very real possibility.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sending a scout to watch a player does not equate to signing the player in January, especially in the case of Havertz. He s playing for a club competing in CL for a change...
Mate, read the story. Ed green lit it. Not red. Not even amber. This one’s a go go.

Art Vandelay

Havertz would be a big step in the right direction and would get many United fans giddy.

Losing Pogba and signing Havertz and Odegaard would soften the blow of losing the Frenchman IMO. Pogba to Madrid with a sizeable chunk in transfer fees with Odegaard included could be a very real possibility.
Those two and Muller would solve several problems at once. Meaning we only need to sort out the striker position, leftback and the midfield. :( This started out genuinely positive.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Madrid would not in any shape or form consider parting with Odegaard,not when they moved heaven and earth to bring him to the Bernabeu and especially not now when he's looking like a potential world star in midfield.
Simply put,If we had Odegaard I would not give him up for Pogba and I rate the Frenchman highly too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Madrid would not in any shape or form consider parting with Odegaard,not when they moved heaven and earth to bring him to the Bernabeu and especially not now when he's looking like a potential world star in midfield.
Simply put,If we had Odegaard I would not give him up for Pogba and I rate the Frenchman highly too.
It's a real possibility if Zidane is still at the helm come next summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Those two and Muller would solve several problems at once. Meaning we only need to sort out the striker position, leftback and the midfield. :( This started out genuinely positive.
Muller would be a very good signing for us in our current predicament. He can play with his back to goal and would be our best #10 instantly. He might not be good enough for the very best teams but could be brilliant in getting us closer to the teams setting the pace.

Muller would be a very good signing for us in our current predicament. He can play with his back to goal and would be our best #10 instantly. He might not be good enough for the very best teams but could be brilliant in getting us closer to the teams setting the pace.
Would it make sense signing Muller and Havertz? I thought Havertz is a #10 aswell?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It's a real possibility if Zidane is still at the helm come next summer.
Even so,Pogba and Odwgaard are comfortable enough playing in the same team.
It would make more sense if Madrid move out the likes of Modric,Kroos or even Casemerio.

Madrid have some top,top talent,mostly from what abroad,losing Odegaard literally makes no sense when they're clearly looking ahead.

Sorry,but I dont think Madrid are dumb enough to move Odegaard on and I certainly dont think Odegaard is dumb enough to move here in our current state.

passing-wind

Havertz would be a quality signing but can't see it happening especially mid season if Leverkusen supposedly made it known in summer he's off the grid.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Even so,Pogba and Odwgaard are comfortable enough playing in the same team.
It would make more sense if Madrid move out the likes of Modric,Kroos or even Casemerio.

Madrid have some top,top talent,mostly from what abroad,losing Odegaard literally makes no sense when they're clearly looking ahead.

Sorry,but I dont think Madrid are dumb enough to move Odegaard on and I certainly dont think Odegaard is dumb enough to move here in our current state.
I never said Pogba and Odegaard couldn't play in tandem. But if Zidane is still at the helm next season then he'll want Pogba even if it means sacrificing Odegaard. United should ask for Odegaard in return and if Ole is still the man in charge, then he could persuade his fellow Norwegian to join. We made a mistake not signing Robben when we sold them Ronaldo and I hope we don't repeat the same mistake again.

Madrid tbf let go of Robben and Sneijder for paltry sums and both players were established stars compared to Odegaard who they have sent on loan.

Jibbs

I think we can also look to get Luka Jovic if the situation comes where Pogba really wants to leave. He is the kind of player whose playing style would really suit epl.

Kaivalya

Manchester United chief Ed Woodward has given the green light for a £125million double Bundesliga swoop for crack Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz and striker Thomas Muller.
*United dispatched their top scouts to Germany on Saturday to watch 20-year-old German international Havertz in action against Werder Bremen as well as watching Muller in Bayern Munich's clash with Union Berlin.*

A game for which he wasnt even in the squad? Mirror put some effort in your lies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ed Woodward " Step up to green alert"
Matt Judge " Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."

dev1l

We keep getting linked with foreign players even though the Caf brain trust call us Brexit FC.
Don't take the Caf too seriously. You cannot know who s behind the keyboard... It may a normal fan or else some weirdo locked in a basement :)

Anustart89

We keep getting linked with foreign players even though the Caf brain trust call us Brexit FC.
So sending scouts means we’ve practically signed them? You’d think we’d have a really bloated squad if that were the case.

I’ll bet you 20 quid we won’t sign any of those two players.

Nero

Ed Woodward " Step up to green alert"
Matt Judge " Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."
"It's impossible to tell at this range. Whatever it is, they clearly have a football team way in advance of our own"

Dante

Average bang
So sending scouts means we’ve practically signed them? You’d think we’d have a really bloated squad if that were the case.

I’ll bet you 20 quid we won’t sign any of those two players.
Brexit FC is not only about who we sign. It's about who we're willing to sign.

We got Dybala and Eriksen to the negotiating table but neither wanted to join.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Brexit FC is not only about who we sign. It's about who we're willing to sign.

We got Dybala and Eriksen to the negotiating table but neither wanted to join.
Where did it say Dybala didn't want to join? I missed that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The major problem were his image rights, which aren't owned by Juve or Dybala, which made negotiations tricky.
He also said after he didn't want to leave Juve

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The major problem were his image rights, which aren't owned by Juve or Dybala, which made negotiations tricky.
He still didn’t want to sign because we couldn’t sort them out. If he had wanted to sign he would have made some kind of compromise

Plus his comments about not wanting to leave

Therefore he didn’t want to sign for United

(Or spurs)

Status
Not open for further replies.