Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
His form over the last 18 months for a start
Still better than what we have. We offer nothing creatively. We don't have anybody who is good on dead balls.

I also think that he is not fully committed to spurs hence the form.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His form over the last 18 months for a start
Compared to our no10? I dont think we should sign him, but he would be an improvement. Even the Eriksen from the past 18 months

cyberman

Compared to our no10? I dont think we should sign him, but he would be an improvement. Even the Eriksen from the past 18 months
But hes not a 10?
Im of the opinion he's simply dropped off rather than not trying.
The same excuses were made for Sanchez when explaining away his form

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Sancho is one of the top young talents in the world. How on earth could it be unexpected that we'd face competition for him and City would be one of those teams looking to buy him?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Top clubs in Europe "Hey,we would also like that potentially world class player"
Manchester United :

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Apparently Roma have started talks to sign Smalling permanently for €10m, we want €20m but we've agreed on €12+3m (in bonuses)
They’ll make a sizeable profit in that case selling him back to the Premier League in the next year or so after this goes through - we should demand a sell-on clause.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Apparently Roma have started talks to sign Smalling permanently for €10m, we want €20m but we've agreed on €12+3m (in bonuses)
That is the usual dreadful fee you'd expect.

We should definitely put something like a 50% of any sale above that fee into the deal.

RUCK4444

In all honesty anything less than £40mill in this current market and I’d bring Smalling back.

You can’t get a decent backup CB for less than that anyway. We don’t need the money, what we need is strength in depth.

He would be pushing Lindelof for his spot next to Maguire and would certainly start ahead of Rojo.

I actually think he would be very good in a back three that we currently seem to favour.

Tarrou

Why can't we keep Smalling and feck off Jones and Rojo? I'd give them away for free if thats what it takes.

Smalling would be a great back-up CB.

izec

Why can't we keep Smalling and feck off Jones and Rojo? I'd give them away for free if thats what it takes.

Smalling would be a great back-up CB.
He wants to start, and rightfully so. Why waste your time on the bench, when you can play for Roma every week and maybe get a good move in a year or two.

izec

Fair enough I suppose
I mean he is 30 in a few weeks, and we can expect that Ole told him he wont be a starter when everyone is fit in most games. He still has some good years left, so i would assume getting to play for the next 3 or 4 years on a good level would be an objective, instead of sitting around for United and wasting the autumn of his playing career. I dont think he thought he would be on the bench a year ago, but thats how it works out sometimes.

Sanche7

Unless he wants the move, it would be stupid of us to sell him for 10 mill Euros. You can't get a backup CB for less than 30,40 million and Smalling could be a very good backup CB for us at least for 3-4 years. If we really want to get rid of CBs, Jones Rojo and Bailly should be sold first.

Alabaster Codify7

Good for Smalling, nice bloke who doesn't want to settle for being on the bench in his prime. Much respect, glad he's found a good, renowned club too.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea, should be all over Sancho come summer time if he is still there. Big Chelsea fan, homegrown. Sitting on a stack of cash from sales, without what Roman will pump in himself if needed

Mark Pawelek

Still better than what we have.
Same applies at at least 25% of attacking midfielders out there. They are better than ours.

We don't have anybody who is good on dead balls.
We have Mata, Pereira. Gomes and Greenwood are also good.
I also think that he is not fully committed to spurs hence the form.
If he can't be bothered to play - we can't be bothered to buy. At the very least he should be pushing himself to show case his talents if he wants a new club.

Lee565

I'd hope this club has surely learnt about letting good players go cheap and then seeing their stock rise within one season

Status
Not open for further replies.