Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Press in Italy enjoying yesterday’s tsunamis at Inter (no CL €25m windfall from market pool then no Vidal & no Giroud in January) and Napoli (De Laurentiis selling two or three core players in January... Allan, Callejon, one between Koulibaly and Zielinski). Also waiting for Atalanta this evening with Zapata on the PL radar if they crash out. Meeeeltdoooooown!! :drool:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Someone help me. Tweets are not showing for me. I've turned adblock off. I'm using firefox.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Are you at a workplace or somewhere where Twitter is blocked?
No, at home at the minute. Just checking another site, and twitter embeds are not working there either. So, it seems like something on my end or with firefox in general.

Edit: Fixed it! It turned out to be one of my extensions.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't get why they blurred everything else out but the email address, which, as far as I know isn't publicly listed anywhere so is as sensitive as the other bits of information.
Yeah, I expect a huge amount of spam to that email, with people sending their transfer targets now

Mr. Meeseeks

Someone help me. Tweets are not showing for me. I've turned adblock off. I'm using firefox.
Did you turn on the new "Enhanced Tracking Protection" feature? It was preventing tweets from showing up for me. Everything now works properly after I whitelisted the Caf.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
10 or RW I think
Cheers.
Didn't score a hat-trick yesterday so no longer want. :D

Seriously though if we do persevere with this and end up getting this highly rated individual we still need to take into consideration his age and the fact,as it the case for all foreign players, he's coming into a new playing environment and will naturally take time which,hopefully,the fans will afford him.

DarkRed

Cheers.

Seriously though if we do persevere with this and end up getting this highly rated individual we still need to take into consideration his age and the fact,as it the case for all foreign players, he's coming into a new playing environment and will naturally take time which,hopefully,the fans will afford him.
It is a bit easier for offensive players, especially those physically big and strong.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It is a bit easier for offensive players, especially those physically big and strong.
Yes but I still expect a gradual progression even if he is hugely wanted player.
I expect him to be rotated a fair amount with Martial and Greenwood.

DarkRed

Yes but I still expect a gradual progression even if he is hugely wanted player.
I expect him to be rotated a fair amount with Martial and Greenwood.
I expect Greenwood to go on loan, no need to have 3 strikers, specially when Greenwood needs lots of play time.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Cheers.

Something tells me he will have absolutely no problem adjusting to the physicality of the premier league. In fact, I think he will thrive from it...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I expect Greenwood to go on loan, no need to have 3 strikers, specially when Greenwood needs lots of play time.
The only way I see Greenwood going out on loan is if we were to sign a right winger. Most of Greenwood's appearances have been from the right in the EPL other than the game vs Tottenham...

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The only way I see Greenwood going out on loan is if we were to sign a right winger. Most of Greenwood's appearances have been from the right in the EPL other than the game vs Tottenham...
Agree. Martial/Haaland/Greenwood for CF, Greenwood/James for RW and Rashford/Martial/James for LW.

Lynty

Rinse and repeat the caf response for any footballer good enough to be valued at more than £5m.
I don't frequent this thread sorry, I didn't know the trope.

But money has nothing to do with it. There is no emotional hook that links him to us. No connections to coaching staff. No connections to any of our squad. We have no working relationship with his agency (Spielerrat GmbH ) who primarily represent German talent. We don't any sort of positive history with German players. We aren't guaranteed Champions League. In the odd scenario in which he dreamed of once playing alongside Paul Pogba - well that's also in the air at the minute.

We need a midfielder and he's a good midfielder, that's about the extent of the link.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't frequent this thread sorry, I didn't know the trope.

But money has nothing to do with it. There is no emotional hook that links him to us. No connections to coaching staff. No connections to any of our squad. We have no working relationship with his agency (Spielerrat GmbH ) who primarily represent German talent. We don't any sort of positive history with German players. We aren't guaranteed Champions League. In the odd scenario in which he dreamed of once playing alongside Paul Pogba - well that's also in the air at the minute.

We need a midfielder and he's a good midfielder, that's about the extent of the link.
Well thanks for clearing this one up for us then. The list of potential options is quite small then, based on your criteria.

Lynty

Well thanks for clearing this one up for us then. The list of potential options is quite small then, based on your criteria.
Not really. The majority of our transfers have involved emotional hooks. Contrary to popular belief, money has little influence on motivation at the high levels of any employment (psychologically proven).

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair if anyones actually expecting any different then I'm impressed with their optimism.

EDIT - I've got The Athletic, where exactly is that quote coming from? Which article? Because I can't find it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
To be fair if anyones actually expecting any different then I'm impressed with their optimism.

EDIT - I've got The Athletic, where exactly is that quote coming from? Which article? Because I can't find it.
It'd be suicide not to get any reinforcements in January, despite what people say about our board even they'll understand that. Even if it's just a few loan signings to get us through the season I'll be satisfied. Besides, the Express is a garbage source anyway.

OleGunnar20

And exactly why the naysayers, that think having more than one player in each position its bad mmmkay, is so out of touch
Of course, it's daft.

It's all about balance and that selection had it about spot on for me.

RedCurry

It'd be suicide not to get any reinforcements in January, despite what people say about our board even they'll understand that. Even if it's just a few loan signings to get us through the season I'll be satisfied. Besides, the Express is a garbage source anyway.
We basically cannot compete for top four unless we have a backup for McTominay. An injury to him and we are incapable of winning the game. Whether it's a loan or a permanent deal, we need to address that position.

izec

Not that i expected it differently, but found it funny a few weeks ago when we were in trouble and we targeted 3 players

Same stuff every year, and even if we targeted some players, the brief that none of them were available in January would be out after the window.

Brophs

The One and Only
People are laughing but wait until Ed finds that mythical sweet spot between Jan and August where top clubs will sell their best players, to a club who are clearly desperate and claim they can do things in the market that others can’t, for very fair prices. Then we’ll see who’s sniggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.