Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleGunnar20

I hope he does well, he looked promising when he first began to break through at Southampton and then I remember his dad died and he went off the radar.
Cold-called this guy to sell him car insurance way back when, seemed a real nice guy. Indulged not only a cold calling insurance salesman (we all make mistakes!), but an annoying barrage of football related questions.

Pochettino was there at the time and he thought he was the bees knees, said he was an amazing coach and found it funny how he pretended not to speak English just for the reporters.

Yeah, hope he does well.

Gasolin

This shouldn’t be allowed. It’s blatantly cheating. If you don’t have the money you shouldn’t be buying the player.

They need to get serious about FFP.
That’s not cheating. You just have to hope they struggle to pay back that money though.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I dunno. If Pallister was beating Giggs and Kanchelskis over 100 metres, he'd compare with anyone in the Premiership today. Giggs and Kanchelskis were like lightening.
Exactly. As I said, he wasn't slow, but he wasn't known for being fast either. I dunno,.maybe I have just forgotten, but when I look back all my memories of Gary P, were of him tackling, strong-arming, heading, out jumping, bringing the ball out from the back and setting play up, but never for his speed. Feck, I even have memories of Dennis skinning people, just not Gary.

Whatever, he wasn't slow, but he wasn't lightning either. The original point was Maguire's signing isn't responsible for the end of football as was asserted by the original post I replied to.

Fridge chutney

Cold-called this guy to sell him car insurance way back when, seemed a real nice guy. Indulged not only a cold calling insurance salesman (we all make mistakes!), but an annoying barrage of football related questions.

Pochettino was there at the time and he thought he was the bees knees, said he was an amazing coach and found it funny how he pretended not to speak English just for the reporters.

Yeah, hope he does well.
Haha that's a really random but pretty cool story, if true.

RedCurry

This shouldn’t be allowed. It’s blatantly cheating. If you don’t have the money you shouldn’t be buying the player.

They need to get serious about FFP.
That’s not cheating man! It’s just a loan, we have a debt of over 400m last time I checked. Are we also cheating? What if the FFP made us pay off our entire debt at the same time? Most transfers these days are done in installments and if a club is asking for all the money up front then taking a loan is just another way to split up the payments. It makes sense.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Out of curiosity, why/how are arsenal so financially limited this season? I mean, if it's believed, 50 million kitty? Is the owner pocketing tv money or does Mike Ashley have a brother running arsenal?
Three years out of the CL will do that to you. Plus an owner who won't invest to change the status quo.
We have to give the Glazers some credit there despite it all. They understand money very well -- the need to speculate to accumulate.

Hans Moleman

He meant this weekend, referring to Dunk too. Unless you think they somehow signed players this month without making bids

cyberman

That’s not cheating man! It’s just a loan, we have a debt of over 400m last time I checked. Are we also cheating? What if the FFP made us pay off our entire debt at the same time? Most transfers these days are done in installments and if a club is asking for all the money up front then taking a loan is just another way to split up the payments. It makes sense.
FFP is there to stop clubs buying players they can't afford. Barca literally couldn't afford this clause. It's the textbook explanation for the rule even being brought in.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
FFP is there to stop clubs buying players they can't afford. Barca literally couldn't afford this clause. It's the textbook explanation for the rule even being brought in.
Not really. They can take loan and repay the payments without making loss.

cyberman

Not really. They can take loan and repay the payments without making loss.
It has to be paid back in 6 months though. Fans are confusing the accountant practice of paying fees over length of contract for tax purposes etc wth what really happens . A huge percentage of the fee is paid up front.
Unless I'm way off the mark here.

DevilsOwn

A loan could most simply a working capital/short term loan. Doesn't in any ways mean Barca can't afford. Just that they might not have Cash in hand immediately to pay up the fees.

Most companies - big and small and profitable - do this.

willhse456

Stone poured cold water on the AWB and James deals as they gathered momentum too. Wonder why it happens, selling clubs Doing a PR job, perhaps ?
I assume the overall fee (80m) is agreed, but payment structures and the breakdown isn't agreed, so we try and calm things down a bit.

roonster09

Scout
It has to be paid back in 6 months though. Fans are confusing the accountant practice of paying fees over length of contract for tax purposes etc wth what really happens . A huge percentage of the fee is paid up front.
Why 6 months? They can take loan and have bit of debt, it's not a problem. All they have to pay is interest and installments every year.

roonster09

Scout
The Barca president said it himself a few tweets up.
So good chance they will sell few players and repay it. As long as they won't be making loss more than what FFP states, then it shouldn't be a problem.

settembrini

As someone who thinks Maguire is a good signing I have to admit that Diallo for £30m is a smarter one.

And it's not because Maguire is English that we are paying so much for him. It's because we waited until he had established himself as a top CB for his club and country before buying him. Leicester bought him the same week we bought Lindelof and paid half as much. He was cheap because Hull got relegated and he was intent on leaving, that creates value. Just as Dortmund signing Hummels and having too many CBs created value for PSG to buy Diallo.

roonster09

Scout
This info came from Barca.

Bartomeu said they needed a €35m short-term loan which was to be paid back in 6 months.
So it's almost nothing money. They can sell most of their players and repay it. Without selling any player also they can make 35 million in 6 months and repay it.

cyberman

So good chance they will sell few players and repay it. As long as they won't be making loss more than what FFP states, then it shouldn't be a problem.
Who will they sell to recoup 120m? They seem to be spending money that hasn't come in yet and that's a dangerous road to go down.
They already inflate their kit deals to bluff the public with rumours they couldn't pay wages on time last month

Josep Dowling

As far as I am aware FFP only relates to club profits, or in fact clubs making a loss. Repayments of loans doesn’t affect profit other than interest accrued. Barcelona taking out a loan to buy a player doesn’t have any FFP implications unless they got a really terrible interest rate or didn’t pay the loan back. In the grand scheme of things what Barcelona borrowed to buy Griezmann is relatively small.

roonster09

Scout
As someone who thinks Maguire is a good signing I have to admit that Diallo for £30m is a smarter one.

And it's not because Maguire is English that we are paying so much for him. It's because we waited until he had established himself as a top CB for his club and country before buying him. Leicester bought him the same week we bought Lindelof and paid half as much. He was cheap because Hull got relegated and he was intent on leaving, that creates value. Just as Dortmund signing Hummels and having too many CBs created value for PSG to buy Diallo.
He is weak in the air. He won't be solving any problems if he play with Lindelof. We will have 2 CBs who are weak in aerial duels.

He won 53% aerial duels last season, that should put him as our worst CB when it comes to aerial duels.

roonster09

Scout
Who will they sell to recoup 120m? They seem to be spending money that hasn't come in yet and that's a dangerous road to go down.
They already inflate their kit deals to bluff the public with rumours they couldn't pay wages on time last month
They have shit loads of players to sell, it's not a problem. Without even selling anyone, it's not hard for them to make 35 million in 6 months. That's half year to make 3% of their revenue.

Also going by the other poster, it's 35 million loan, not 120 million.

Withnail

So it's almost nothing money. They can sell most of their players and repay it. Without selling any player also they can make 35 million in 6 months and repay it.
This particular loan in itself isn't a big deal but as cyberman says below there are concerning rumours about cashflow issues at Barca.

Both Real and Barca seem to be bullet-proof on this front though.

Status
Not open for further replies.