Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well, well...guess this is legit happening.
It's definitely in the process given were talking to Juve/his agent. But let's see if it actually happens. All the journos can be right and this can still not work out.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Di Marzio is almost never wrong. Dont know why folks still call him out after every Utd related news he posts. Everyone gets a few of them incorrect but he is as good as it gets.
He's broke some of the biggest United stories.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
But then you could say he's doing his job properly.
If he has nothing to report, it would be better to say nothing than report something that he made up like a lot do
Fair enough if he came up with a story out of the blue that was just “in early stages” but every single one of his stories has followed another journalist putting his neck on the line. Stone knows if Di Marzio is reporting it then it’s extremely possible but plays it down so his own credibility is in tact if it doesn’t. Classic English journalism.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Fair enough if he came up with a story out of the blue that was just “in early stages” but every single one of his stories has followed another journalist putting his neck on the line. Stone knows if Di Marzio is reporting it then it’s extremely possible but plays it down so his own credibility is in tact if it doesn’t. Classic English journalism.
But now you want him to.
A. Not make stuff up
B. Not even mention a story if more than likely true, just because he wasn't the first

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Poor Martial finally gets his desired position as striker and might end up losing it to Dybala. First the Sanchez transfer takes his starting position away, now this. If he weren't a multimillionaire with a beautiful wife, I'd say he was cursed.
Dybala won't be playing as striker.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The South American narrative is incredibly lazy. People just parrot each other and repeat it though.
No it isn’t lazy....we have one under-performing South American here causing consternation due to his salary. If Dybala doesn’t want to come then we shouldn’t bother. Nothing lazy in the narrative, just reality.

No it isn’t lazy....we have one under-performing South American here causing consternation due to his salary. If Dybala doesn’t want to come then we shouldn’t bother. Nothing lazy in the narrative, just reality.
Sanchez is underperforming but he's not lazy tbh

vanderpants

This will never happen, Dybala doesn't want to play for us so that's good enough for me to say feck off then. Plus swap deals of these calibre rarely happen.

As for Burno can we now finally put this to bed and move on, sick of seeing all these fake stories in the past month, goes to show you who the bullshitters are on twitter and in the media

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
But now you want him to.
A. Not make stuff up
B. Not even mention a story if more than likely true, just because he wasn't the first
Nope. I’m just saying he’s rubbish because he doesn’t really provide anything that is either conclusive or that hasn’t been said before.

Inter Yer Nan

It would be delicious if we managed to get this and Lukaku goes to Juve leaving Inter with nothing. That's what you get trying to charge us a kings ransom for Perisic and then taking forever expecting a loan or cheap deal for a player you're desperate for.

Walters_19_MuFc

Poor Martial finally gets his desired position as striker and might end up losing it to Dybala. First the Sanchez transfer takes his starting position away, now this. If he weren't a multimillionaire with a beautiful wife, I'd say he was cursed.
Doubt Dybala would play as the 9 if he were to come.

Alabaster Codify7

Feck, I'm so indifferent to this Dybala thing.

Positives - we get Lukaku off the books and replace him almost directly with a better all-round player.

Negatives - it's feckign Dybala who - every time i've watched him - has not overly impressed me and he clearly doesnt wanna leave Juventus. Now my sample size is small. I'm willing to admit that Dybala clearly has something I haven't seen personally to be rated so highly. But he doesnt seem the type of striker we actually need. Most importantly, this has Di Maria written ALL OVER IT.

I fear we'll regret taking him on by next summer.

Josep Dowling

Everyone is getting carried away but to me we are once again not sorting any of the issues in our squad.

If we play 4-3-3, we need a CB, DM and a RW

If we play 4-2-3-1 we need a CB, DM and a RW.

Both Bruno Fernandes and Dybala are number 10s and unless Pogba is in the midfield two they can’t slot in. Pogba doesn’t do his defensive duties in the midfield two and plays a lot better as the highest midfielder.

It’s all well buying big names but if they don’t fit in to the squad what’s the point in signing them. I want a functional team for a change rather than slotting star names into the wrong positions. It doesn’t work.

Sanche7

Would you prefer if he made shit up like most of the other journos?
I'm sure there is some middle ground somewhere. He works for the biggest News channel in the country and one of the most reputable ones in the world,he covers one of the biggest clubs in the world. But if you read his tweets, most of them are poorly written with little or no effort going into them. The same can be said about his reporting. No transfer scoops, no exclusives just covers all bases. Guys like Sam Lee, Orny, Di Marzio report things way before they are confirmed because what's the point of knowing something just before it's confirmed? I've never seen Stone come up with an exclusive or breaking any story. But at least when he reports something, he should try stick to it rather than covering all bases.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Everyone is getting carried away but to me we are once again not sorting any of the issues in our squad.

If we play 4-3-3, we need a CB, DM and a RW

If we play 4-2-3-1 we need a CB, DM and a RW.

Both Bruno Fernandes and Dybala are number 10s and unless Pogba is in the midfield two they can’t slot in. Pogba doesn’t do his defensive duties in the midfield two and plays a lot better as the highest midfielder.

It’s all well buying big names but if they don’t fit in to the squad what’s the point in signing them. I want a functional team for a change rather than slotting star names into the wrong positions. It doesn’t work.
I agree we need a DM, but give Scott credit, he's doing really well, so maybe we need to give him a chance.
Dybala is a weird one for me. Although he looks a number 10, he's also a false 9.
As much as Bruno is a #10, he's also hard working and does put a shift in midfield.
City play with Silva and De Bruyne as the central pairing, both are '#10's' as such but make it work as the team hold a high and aggressive line

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We wanted rid of Heinze.
We didn't want to stump up the money for Tevez.

They need to find clubs, if they're options at that stage, so be it
Paul Ince did far more for us than both and we never forgive him for it. feck both of them. And then feck them some more.

redshaw

If we are looking for another defender to occupy the treatment room, why not Boateng? Way cheaper.
Umtiti is only 25, he could be in the treatment room 8 years while Boateng has only got about 3 years potentially in the treatment room.

Status
Not open for further replies.