Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I would suggest we didn't know it was a waste of time until negotiations had happened?

Let's not insist on oversimplifying it just to feed the 'Woody is a numpty' narrative.
The reports ever since the Dybala link came out suggested that he did not really want to be here and that it was going to take silly money to change his mind. We did not need to waste a week near the end of the window on this.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I am not upset about losing out on an Argentine that doesn't want to live in Cheshire or play for us, but I am gutted that it is apparent that we had no real plan for midfield or up front. We just seemed to be fixated about selling Lukaku first. Then the Dybala swap consumed our thinking. Caught with our pants down.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So now we're briefing the media that we're willing to let Lukaku go without a replacement. Lovely.

NoMidfielders

I'm glad we've given up on Dybala if he doesn't want to come. Wasn't ever convinced he was the right player for us althpugh if we're going 4231 rather than 433 we do need a number 10. Not so happy that we're gonna go into the season with Rashford and Greenwood as the striking options when you see the firepower the rest of the top 6 bar Chelsea have.

roseguy64

If Juve really wants Lukaku 70mil + Mandzukic would be great deal for us
Also get Bruno ffs.
They only want Lukaku if it's in a swap based on what I've seen. They need the money for their accounts so they'll not be signing him if they don't get enough money in return.

NWRed

I know this will really annoy some fans but it really is great news for the future of the club.

Genuinely pleased that we're not going down the overpaid galactico route anymore, hopefully we'll sign a replacement for Herrera before the deadline, I really like the look of Longstaff, and give Greenwood and especially Gomes plenty of game time this season.

Reactions: langster

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Have we actually signed a 'top' player post-Fergie?

I'm not including Pogba because he has personal connections to the club obviously but all of our big signings after Fergie left have been players that either didn't want to leave or were forced out or were players like Fred, Lindelof, Bailly etc.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It would be madness. They need easing into the PL.
Exactly, and if Ole thinks that he can just drop Greenwood and others like Gomez into a season and just hope for the best, he's going to be sorely disappointed.
As i say, they're great prospects, but they need easing in slowly, not just thrown in and told "you impressed me during pre season, now go do it week after week"

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
You fear for his safety because one player didn't want to join us and another which we were obviously never in for isn't either? Wow :houllier:

Ole wants one or two more as he said. We should still get Mandzukic in but only if Lukaku goes. I still think we'll get Maguire plus one.
One player? Have a look at this shit. It’s been shit for the last 6 years.

All this ”we need to be ruthless”, ”we will back our manager” yada yada yada.

Fellaini left i january, Herrera’s departure was known of really early. Not the best players in the world BUT we have not added a single body in our midfield. I hope and think McTominay can step up, but I mean we are in big trouble.

Usually I’m positive, but this is not acceptable. Will still watch every single game and support our team. It’s not about that.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I know this will really annoy some fans but it really is great news for the future of the club.

Genuinely pleased that we're not going down the overpaid galactico route anymore, hopefully we'll sign a replacement for Herrera before the deadline, I really like the look of Longstaff, and give Greenwood and especially Gomes plenty of game time this season.
Yep and when we finish in 6th again, with no CL or even lower with no EL, with the likes of De Gea, Pogba etc really pushing hard for a move, we'd be truly fecked.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hang on so we've gone from wanting two forwards, to now wanting none, and still selling Lukaku, and people are saying this is a good thing?

The brainwashing really is working well.

Suedesi

We have spent a week negotiating with Juve on the premise of swapping Lukaku for Dybala and Mandzukic. That deal has fallen through, having wasted a week near the end of the window on it, despite any sane people realising that Dybala didn't want to be here, and now the club is briefing that we may sell Lukaku without replacing him. Inter are the only realistic buyer for Lukaku and it's widely accepted they won't stump up the cash. It's another in a long line of feck ups by United.
We can sell Lukaku until September 2nd, it's not like entertaining Juve's offer would put us in a worse negotiating power with Inter.

The problem I have with this club since the beginning of the summer was that we needed a CB, a RB, a RW and DM at a minimum. With Lukaku going another striker. So far, we've only got 2 out 5.

Dante

Average bang

100% agree on every point.

walsh

One player? Have a look at this shit. It’s been shit for the last 6 years.

All this ”we need to be ruthless”, ”we will back our manager” yada yada yada.

Fellaini left i january, Herrera’s departure was known of really early. Not the best players in the world BUT we have not added a single body in our midfield. I hope and think McTominay can step up, but I mean we are in big trouble.

Usually I’m positive, but this is not acceptable. Will still watch every single game and support our team. It’s not about that.
I agree with you regarding the midfield. I wasn't convinced on Dybala anyway but we need another creative option for sure.

Alabaster Codify7

How can the club possibly think we’re okay to go into the new season without attacking reinforcements?
It's cheaper. They think there's a chance Ole can scrape 4th place with what he has, which is the extent of their ambitions. If he fails, they'll spend a bit more next summer for a new manager and tell the fans everything will be rosy.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

I mean the current market dictates we pay a fortune for players - we just paid an OTT amount for a good defender the other day. Its simple, we had to pay a lot more for a potentially world class player because WE fecked up last season and we didn't want to. Theres no win here. We're lacking in so many positions and we haven't done shit to address these issues. I have very little confidence for this coming season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We can sell Lukaku until September 2nd, it's not like entertaining Juve's offer would put us in a worse negotiating power with Inter.

The problem I have with this club since the beginning of the summer was that we needed a CB, a RB, a RW and DM at a minimum. With Lukaku going another striker. So far, we've only got 2 out 5.
We have wasted time ahead of our own buying deadline though.

No matter which way it is spun, this has been another shocking window.

Sterling Archer

Does it though?

We knew early on he was desperate to stay at Juve. We’ve been fannying about for near enough a week with nothing to show for it. I have no doubt that we were prepared to offer a ridiculous salary but he’s snubbed us and now we’re trying to save face.

Pathetic
Exactly! It's not a first time lesson learned either...

Not really. We have to be the only mega club that needs to convince players to join. He was no doubt offered stupid money and turned us down. It’s likely his agent / brother wanted stupid money for doing nothing as well. If players don’t want to come here then we shouldn’t sign them, simple as that.
I disagree. We didn't do enough to bring in Eden Hazard and he goes down in the history books as one of the league's best before his move to Spain. Dybala is not yet at that level, but he isn't an unknown entity.

Quite frankly, any player that comes to us now, at the tail end of this window is either driven by some nonsense childhood aura or because no other clubs of higher stature are interested. It's a stupid stupid time to join United especially if the financial package is mediocre.

Even if we ignore the last several years and focus on the last six months, it's terrifying. Unproven manager has nothing to do with it - the structure within the club is chaos, the deadwood players get renewals instead of being shipped out, and the CEO thinks he can run a football club. It's a few days from the close of the window and we have two first team names signed as if we have nothing to fix.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Exactly, and if Ole thinks that he can just drop Greenwood and others like Gomez into a season and just hope for the best, he's going to be sorely disappointed.
As i say, they're great prospects, but they need easing in slowly, not just thrown in and told "you impressed me during pre season, now go do it week after week"
Maybe he is hoping they bring in penalty shootouts.

Dr. StrangeHate

Hang on so we've gone from wanting two forwards, to now wanting none, and still selling Lukaku, and people are saying this is a good thing?

The brainwashing really is working well.
Great briefing by Ed. He has people eating out of his hands. Nice little cash bonus for Ed and the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.