Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Bullet

Fair play to Spurs if they manage to pull that all off. At least somebody wants to try and challenge City and Liverpool. Maybe one day our ambition will come back too.

NJM78

Fair play to Spurs if they manage to pull that all off. At least somebody wants to try and challenge City and Liverpool. Maybe one day our ambition will come back too.
We have the 4th place trophy to fight for.

I think next summer when Pogba inevitably leaves we should sign a CB or a LW.

kps88

If Spurs and Arsenal end up having a better window than us.....:rolleyes:

BarstoolProphet

So famously tight Spurs, who are at the same time paying for a brand new stadium, are showing more ambition in the transfer market than us. Even skint Arsenal are doing the same.

SER19

Surely if Dybala and lo celso join it means eriksen going. United fans have to pray its for united.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's on the decline and rapidly.

Edit: Just peeked his goal stats for last season. I am shocked he scored 40. He looked awful in the CL when I watched him.

Still, he wouldn't come here and he'd demand obscene wages.
But we apparently are willing to pay up to 15-20m for Mandzukic who will be 34 at the end of the season and who will cost another 6m per year, effectively about 30m for a decent season. That's madness in my book.

Spark

Thing is, we agreed a fee for Dybala. It was the player himself who made it difficult by demanding extortionate wages.

Are Spurs going to break their precious wage structure for him or is he going to lower his demands?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If they make those three signings...

Arsenal and Spurs have done more to improve their squads. This was supposed to be our ‘rebuild’ summer. Ridiculous.

Eddy_JukeZ

But we apparently are willing to pay up to 15-20m for Mandzukic who will be 34 at the end of the season and who will cost another 6m per year, effectively about 30m for a decent season. That's madness in my book.
That's Woodward for you.

I don't see anyone can say our window has been good.

It's been decent at best.

He has failed yet again.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Spurs and Arsenal end up having a better window than us.....:rolleyes:
I think their windows are already on par with yours.

Arsenal: Pepe, Ceballos, Tierney, and then Martinelli and Saliba with Rugani apparently probable
Spurs: Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon with a slim chance for Dybala
United: AWB, James, Maguire

I feel like Spurs have bought best and addressed three holes in their first XI. Arsenal have done very well in what was supposed to be a down transfer window for them. United has also addressed two major holes in their first XI so you've done okay, I think most of you were just expecting a bit too much - you can't fix all of your problems in one offseason.

Godfather

If Spurs Sign Dybala up it would show our utter incompetence even more. It's almost funny at this stage.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thing is, we agreed a fee for Dybala. It was the player himself who made it difficult by demanding extortionate wages.

Are Spurs going to break their precious wage structure for him or is he going to lower his demands?
We apparently were happy with his wage demands, the issue was image rights and agent fees, Spurs apparently are not asking for image rights...

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The meltdown from entitled fans in here is going to be incredible! hahahaha!

Moans and whinges there’s no clear philosophy with LVG/Mou/Moyes

*Signs a manager with a clear playing style and philosophy*

WHY ARENT WE MAKING HUGE MARQUEE SIGNINGS FOR THE SAKE OF IT WE’RE A BANTER CLUB *Throws plates at wall, toys out of pram

Dybala and his alleged mercenary ways can go to Spurs for all I care. I want players who will play through their skin for the club not their wage.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So famously tight Spurs, who are at the same time paying for a brand new stadium, are showing more ambition in the transfer market than us. Even skint Arsenal are doing the same.
I can't believe that we didn't sign Dybala because of his wage demands. No way Spurs would pay what he was asking. Simply turned us down, now we'll look like mugs because we lied to save face. He won't be on the reported 18m that was briefed at Spurs.

Ashes1396

Arsenal getting Luiz is some good business work done by the club. Not only gaining a defender but taking a rival club down a tiny notch. And the proximity of the clubs allowed it to be left till the last day.

Separately, Spurs ending their chase of bruno is also good for us.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I thought Dybala doesn't fancy coming to England.
I think he really doesn't and am 99% sure he won't join Spurs either - agreeing a fee between clubs doesn't mean anything after all.

$inner_88

WHY ARENT WE MAKING HUGE MARQUEE SIGNINGS FOR THE SAKE OF IT WE’RE A BANTER CLUB *Throws plates at wall, toys out of pram

Dybala and his alleged mercenary ways can go to Spurs for all I care. I want players who will play through their skin for the club not their wage.
So where are the midfielders that will play through their skin for us and why aren’t they being brought in?

Godfather

Jesus Christ that's a trainwreck of a post.

Will Singh

Either Woodward is going to go mental on deadline day, or the fans are going to go mental this weekend. There is no middle ground.

Deliver one of Eriksen, Bruno, Dybala, and all will be forgiven.
Eriksen- we've tried and didn't work out apparently.
Bruno- we've never been interested and it was just the Portuguese media making up stories apparently.
Dybala- we tried and couldn't come to a agreement.

So looks like we are in for a bad weekend my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.