Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
So as I mentioned yesterday, both United and Chelsea will go in to this season with managers that have limited experience at this level, will depend heavily on youth, and will have large voids at the #9 position.

As we did with the Morata & Lukaku summer, we'll probably be battling for the same strikers next summer as well.
Yeah it's interesting and quite fun in a perverse way. We are both pretty much in the same boat this season I feel with similar deficiencies.

prateik

Not sure. Kean and Iwobi (I really rate Iwobi) up front will be something else. Can they get the supply they need will be the key. We on the other hand have weakened considerably in midfield.
Herrera started 16 league games last season. He is a loss.. But not a huge one.
I know Felliani is gone too.. we are weaker.. We really should have added a midfielder... but Fred will get more games.. and I think he will do better.. he has had a year to settle in. Pereira is around too. McT has grown into his role .. a lot more confident and ready than he was this time last season.

Lets see.. fingers crossed.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure. Kean and Iwobi (I really rate Iwobi) up front will be something else. Can they get the supply they need will be the key. We on the other hand have weakened considerably in midfield.
I'm surprised you rate Kean and Iwobi so highly? Kean has potential and Iwobi can be hit and miss for me. I'd actually have saved the money and given Lookman a fair go instead.

Can't help but feel Iwobi is a panic buy given Zaha wasn't going.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'll have absolutely no complaints if this turns out to be true.

If Ole decides to persist in giving Mata, Sanchez and Lingard ahead of them then he shouldn't have the privilege of hiding behind Woodward.

Alabaster Codify7

Saying you’re happy with the squad, even if you aren’t, is a totally standard and sensible thing to say for a manager. It’s also standard to big up our current players and youth players going into the season.

From that you’ve invented some sort of social contract between the fans and Ole that he has to play our youth players by a certain date, or he’s somehow betrayed the fans. You’re also quite gleeful about the prospect of this happening, so you can score some imaginary points against rival fans on an internet forum.

Each to their own, I suppose.
Those fans have been doing nothing but point-scoring all summer long. The glee will come from their rude awakening and having to eat their words.

Alabaster Codify7

If Ole decides to persist in giving Mata, Sanchez and Lingard ahead of them then he shouldn't have the privilege of hiding behind Woodward.

This is a good point.

Ole has nowhere to hide, now. Which is mad because we've been saying that about the players for the 2019/20 season! It's come full circle. If he persists with playing the guys you've just listed, he's out of a job, simple as that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is a good point.

Ole has nowhere to hide, now. Which is mad because we've been saying that about the players for the 2019/20 season! It's come full circle. If he persists with playing the guys you've just listed, he's out of a job, simple as that.
I actually meant to say if he persists in playing them and they continue to underperform*

They’re experienced first team players on huge wages, you’ve got give them opportunities to justify that but also be strong enough to know when to pull the plug.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Besic any good? We need some cover in midfield but no idea if he’s going to end up being a starter

BlahRules

Greenwood will get chances but I think Gomes and Chong won’t get a look in ahead of Mata and even Sanchez when he returns.

If you assume Lingard, Rashford and Martial are our first choice front three, and assume three spots on the bench max to cover these positions, then you have James, Mata, Sanchez, Greenwood, Chong, Gomes and even Dalot all competing for these spots.

Also worried Axel won’t get much time ahead of Jones and Smalling.

Realistically Ole is going to have start leaving senior players off the bench, which I don’t thing he will.
I wish we had a manager that does not have loyalty with players.

peridigm

We'll be fighting with RM to get Poch from Spurs next summer.

AaronRedDevil

It's a weird feeling when you buy a really good right back and centre backs and a very promising young player and it still feels like a failure of a summer.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How can we end 30 points behind City, sell our number 9 and not get a replacement!!
Rashford and Martial are Lukaku's replacement I guess as they were first choice under Ole. It doesn't necessarily have to be a new player.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The best part of the transfer window being shut, is no more Fridge fecking Chutney. The only silver lining right now.

jesperjaap

Whay an earth didnt the just loan him? We have seven centre backs and when all are fit he is right at the bottom couple of those to play, he gets to resurrect his career which could lead to a future deal when he isnt going to play here anyway bar an injury crisis, we get a loan fee or wages paid....ludicrous

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The best part of the transfer window being shut, is no more Fridge fecking Chutney. The only silver lining right now.
Actually the League 1 and League 2 transfer window doesn't close until September 2 so we can expect more updates from Chuts.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Whay an earth didnt the just loan him? We have seven centre backs and when all are fit he is right at the bottom couple of those to play, he gets to resurrect his career which could lead to a future deal when he isnt going to play here anyway bar an injury crisis, we get a loan fee or wages paid....ludicrous
That would be the sensible thing. However this lot want money.

Gooner8

Supports
Arsenal
Hilarious, they have arguably gotten worse than Laurent K.

Left back isn't fit until October and needs time to get fit and adjust to the league.

Their best central midfielder wanted to leave at the start of the window.

They better hope they score 4 a game.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon was quoted saying Tierney will be "fully fit in a week or two".

I'm assuming you're talking about Torreira. All of that was completely manufactured by tabloids based on a quote where he said he found it hard to adapt to England due to the weather and a language barrier. What they failed to report was his next sentence which was "But as the years go by, I’m going to adapt". I mean if anyone has a problem with their main CM, it's United with Pogba, yes?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Probably hoping to sell him abroad before that window shuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.