Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
That's a weird one. Has Jovic been atrocious in pre-season? Even then it'd be a preposterous prospect that they'd get rid.

redshaw

Bad preseason?

Jovic is still young at 21 but even if he hasn't impressed much I'd think it would best to keep him there to bring on and settle in the team.

Nick7

I thought this guy was supposed to be really good, or am I think of someone else?
No, that was him. He wasn't. Was pretty average for both Blackburn and Stoke, then had a good season at Sevilla and suddenly loads of people on here thought he was the dogs bollocks. Just another case of overrating players because they don't play in the premier league.

edcunited1878

Got to hope Garner assumes one of those CM positions and Gomes steps up in the #10 role. Would make our summer a lot easier.
Neither will be a starter and are too young to assume a significant chunk of playing time. Need seasoned pros to guide players and have a presence with them in training and in the changing room. Squad competition against young pros and older pros makes everyone better.

bucky

21-year-old Angers attacking midfielder Jeff Reine-Adélaïde will move to Lyon for €30m including bonuses, subject to a medical tomorrow

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
How does a right to first refusal clause like that even work if the Premier League window is closed? Could Arsenal exercise the ability to buy his rights but immediately loan him elsewhere?

Adamsk7

How does a right to first refusal clause like that even work if the Premier League window is closed? Could Arsenal exercise the ability to buy his rights but immediately loan him elsewhere?
The way I’ve always understood it (and I could be wrong) is that teams can buy any player at any time, they just can’t be registered or officially transferred until the window reopens. So Arsenal could agree a fee and he would officially move in January.

ATXRedDevil

Neither will be a starter and are too young to assume a significant chunk of playing time. Need seasoned pros to guide players and have a presence with them in training and in the changing room. Squad competition against young pros and older pros makes everyone better.
Garner will be 19 to start next season and Gomes will be turning 20 a few games in. They will be plenty old enough to be squad rotation players. Fellaini wasn’t a starter and matic isn’t now so I don’t see any issue with Garner taking one of their spots in the squad for the 20/21 season. The player(s) we buy should obviously be mid-20s more established players (other than Sancho who even at his young age would walk into the team and hold his spot for a decade-plus).

Rojofiam

Haha, Barcelona and Real lowballing all summer with their money + player we don't need offers because they can't raise money...pathetic bunch of cnuts, both of them

redshaw

The Barca bid is pretty good, 100m plus Coutinho who could be worth 70-80 mill.

Madrid rag and bone men are still flogging a dead horse + change

The Barca bid is pretty good, 100m plus Coutinho who could be worth 70-80 mill.

Madrid rag and bone men are still flogging a dead horse + change
Madrid haven’t realised that Bale & James are worth absolutely zero to any top side, and it’s their own fault for how they’ve treated these players.

It’s like Madrid think it’s still 2014 :lol:

Teja

Not as good as our Ed.
We should really fire Ed and find a CEO who can make good football decisions as well as financial decisions like Levy :lol:. Now that I think about it, probably cheaper to just hire Levy and all of the Spurs scouting team than to flush all that cash down the drain with Ed in-charge.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’d quite like to see Alexis in the front roles now that they are more fluid but if someone is willing take him on then we really do have to cut ties.

The move made no sense from a footballing perspective & neither party has come out of this looking like they made the sensible decision.

We’ll be ridiculously light up front but I hope something can happen here.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he wants it bad enough he'll sign for another club, even if that means taking a slight hit on his wages. If he goes on loan his entire wages should be covered. If it's too high for a club's wage structure, they should be paying a loan fee.

Hopefully we can sort this out proper.

jesperjaap

Shame, a great player but cant remember many bigger flops in terms of ability, past career and performances....on level of Schevchenko for Chelsea.

Even losing the experience and another attacking player, plenty of options for the left, he wouldnt work up front and his wages are still a burden, gotta go in my book regardless if possible

pacifictheme

I quite enjoyed all the melts saying fridge has stopped posting because hes a troll and the thread is quiet so he can't get any attention, seemingly forgetting the window closed for lower league clubs on the same day as united, so what would be post?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I quite enjoyed all the melts saying fridge has stopped posting because hes a troll and the thread is quiet so he can't get any attention, seemingly forgetting the window closed for lower league clubs on the same day as united, so what would be post?
This is a boring conversation now but you are wrong anyway . League 1 and below are still open for transfers till end of this month

Status
Not open for further replies.