Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly? We didn't sign him and then he signs a 5 year contract and a mega payrise to stay at Dortmund. Clearly Dortmund are protecting their investment but he will cost £150m+ based on recent transfers. So all our budget next summer, if we even have that much to spend will be on one player? I can't see it.

And if he had confidence to leave England before he was 20 years old I wouldn't assume he will want to come back to England so soon.

He hasn't signed a new deal, his contract expires in 2022

AaronRedDevil

What was the reason behind that anyway?
To stop giving real Madrid all 3 months of getting United players. Seriously the reason. But somehow the rule of selling players are still possible even after the window to buy closes. What moron thought that.

redshaw

To stop giving real Madrid all 3 months of getting United players. Seriously the reason. But somehow the rule of selling players are still possible even after the window to buy closes. What moron thought that.
Nothing to do with United or Madrid.

There were other clubs complaining and there was the Coutinho saga which dragged on well into the start of the season. Media were outraged while the season was underway.

AaronRedDevil

Nothing to do with United or Madrid.

There were other clubs complaining and there was the Coutinho saga which dragged on well into the start of the season. Media were outraged it could go on while our season was underway.
I just meant the whole de gea saga went on forever so 2 months would have ended it quicker. Plus things only happen when United are centre of attention hah.

redshaw

I just meant the whole de gea saga went on forever so 2 months would have ended it quicker. Plus things only happen when United are centre of attention hah.
De Gea went on season after season, nothing was said or done. Liverpool have a bit trouble with Coutinho and there's a call to end the window earlier and it actually happens very quickly.

Funnily enough the whole Coutinho saga ended benefiting Liverpool and they even dumped Barca out.

RkkMan

How exactly? We didn't sign him and then he signs a 5 year contract and a mega payrise to stay at Dortmund. Clearly Dortmund are protecting their investment but he will cost £150m+ based on recent transfers. So all our budget next summer, if we even have that much to spend will be on one player? I can't see it.

And if he had confidence to leave England before he was 20 years old I wouldn't assume he will want to come back to England so soon.
He hasn't signed a 5 yr contract though he only got a payrise contract still expires in 2022

M Bison

Supports
York City
Surprised he’s fallen down the pecking order so quickly Wanyama, always looked a good player when I watched, a bit limited in the final third but good option.

Suedesi

Well that turned out to be pretty bad.
I like the principle behind it, but I agree the execution is dogshit because European leagues start 2-3 weeks later.

There's no reason the PL should start so much sooner than Serie A or La Liga given that those are all 20-team leagues.

Pavl3n

What was the reason behind that anyway?
Managers like Wenger started moaning that on match day 1 you play versus Team A and player X is ripping it to shreds vs you and then 2 weeks later that same player would transfer to Team C and when you play them he'll play again.
So to end that they decided to close the window the day before the first game. Genius!

onemanarmy

Surprised he’s fallen down the pecking order so quickly Wanyama, always looked a good player when I watched, a bit limited in the final third but good option.
Was injured a lot last couple of years. I think it's a good move for him. Brugge plays in a very attractive way, they play Champions League (3 times in the last 4 years) and he's played in Belgium before together with the current manager of Brugge. Of course it's a big drop from the PL but at least he's not going to play in China or some team in Qatar.

sparx99

Do you genuinely believe Sancho will come here when we don't qualify for the Champions League? Most players don't give a dam about our history or what we use to be. It's about the now, and right now with our current squad, lack of signings and over reliance and faith on our youth we are Europa League at best, with a few injuries even worse.
What if we do qualify for the Champions League?

Infra-red

What if we do qualify for the Champions League?
If we qualify for the Champions League, then we have a chance - we might not be the favourites to get him, but we'd likely be in the mix somewhere.

Without CL football, we have no chance whatsoever.

sparx99

Nothing to do with Ole’s balls.

The owners are cost-cutting and Ole has been told how it’s going to be.

How can anybody not see this???

Most of us wanted Fellaini, Smalling, Darmian (if he goes), Lukaku and Sanchez gone. To do it in one window is fantastic. Yes, I'd have preferred to see a couple of replacements in but at the same time I think we've had an issue for 2-3 years where the board has said you have to sell first and then demanded too much money.

I would argue selling and loaning these players out is BACKING Ole who has said 'get rid of them they don't fit the team' and/or their wages/attitude is stinking up the place.

If we can cut our squad from 30-odd players down to 22/23 then we have room to bring a couple more in January and next summer with 2-3 more players leaving.

sparx99

If we qualify for the Champions League, then we have a chance - we might not be the favourites to get him, but we'd likely be in the mix somewhere.

Without CL football, we have no chance whatsoever.
One thing that came up last season was how more technically gifted players were quoted as not wanting to come to Utd because we played such poor football and Mourinho's style. Results will be important but the squad morale and togetherness looks on another level along with the football at least being entertaining could lead to us being more desirable again.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, Darmian(possibly), Fellaini, Valencia

That's 6 poor players out. It's a part of the rebuild. Balancing the books is a part of it. Looking at the short-term, it looks a bit daft because we haven't replaced them but there are so many spots left vacant for quality signings.

Mata, Bailly, Young, Rojo next season out please.

Eric's Seagull

Most of us wanted Fellaini, Smalling, Darmian (if he goes), Lukaku and Sanchez gone. To do it in one window is fantastic. Yes, I'd have preferred to see a couple of replacements in but at the same time I think we've had an issue for 2-3 years where the board has said you have to sell first and then demanded too much money.

I would argue selling and loaning these players out is BACKING Ole who has said 'get rid of them they don't fit the team' and/or their wages/attitude is stinking up the place.

If we can cut our squad from 30-odd players down to 22/23 then we have room to bring a couple more in January and next summer with 2-3 more players leaving.
Can't see us bringing in anybody in January as if Woody thinks there is no value in the summer window, he probably won't be happy with the prices quoted in the January window as clubs are not going to want to sell their players mid season and if they do agree to it I think they are going to want extortionate amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.